pakomar

Reaction score
Caliber: .50BMG (12.7x99mm) or .460Steyr
Operation: manually operated rotating bolt action
Barrel: 833 mm (33")
Weight: 12.4 kg
Length: 1370 mm (54")
Feed Mechanism: single shot, no magazine

The Steyr .50 HS is the most recent development of the famous Austrian arms manufacturer, the Steyr Mannlicher Gmbh & Co KG. First displayed at the ShotShow-2004 (February 2004, Las-Vegas, USA), this single shot rifle is primary intended for anti-material applications and counter-sniping. The Steyr .50HS is available in two calibers, the old and venerable .50BMG and the apparently new .460Steyr (on which so far no data were obtained).

The Steyr .50 HS is a single shot rifle, with manually operated, rotating bolt with two large locking lugs at the front. The two-stage trigger is factory set to 4lbs (1.8kg). The buttstock is adjustable for length of pull, the cheekpiece is also adjustable. Heavy barrel is partially fluted and fitted with effective muzzle brake. Steyr .50 HS has no iron sights; the MilStd Picatinny rail is standard. Rifle is not intended to be fired off-hand; it is fitted with integral folding adjustable bipods.
022e1f8328749bc29b7823d13898362d.jpg

6e2863d70ff8b5b3e1586dd8375b9850.jpg

Very nice weapon, wonder how it'll compare with the British AW-50?

Pak army use M107

M107 is not used by Pakistan Army we rather have M-82 which is only used by Special forces the standard sniper rifle for PA is Steyr_SSG_69 , HK_PSG1.

Regards:

are you pakistan army is using AW 109 and why not pakistan but bareeta sniper for ssg it has 50 mm bullet which can panetrate anything

Personally, I love the semi-auto .50 cal Accuracy International AS-50, I also love the AW-50 which is a bolt action. Out of these two .50 cal rifles, the AS-50 is best, no doubt about it but when it comes to testing and these two rifles are lined up on the range, I find myself going for the AW-50 first...Pretty much everytime. Don't know why, I just do.

My overall favourite is the Accuracy International L115A3 which can fire the fantastic .338 round. A .50 cal round has more energy behind it but the .338 will match it in wind resistance, velocity, flatter trajectory and penetration. The main advantage over the .50 cal is its not as bulky, more user friendly, has less recoil, easier to carry around with you in the field which in return, gives you the chance to carry more ammunition, survival equipment & food, water etc and still pack a punch that is just as hard hitting.

Back
Top Bottom