What's new

steel cutting ceremony of Fleet Tanker Manufacture for Pakistan Navy

Can it be converted into dedicated missile carrier or electronic warfare etc

ship will be ready in 2016 and yes it will be biggest ship ever made in pakistan now it will be 17000 tons

17,000 Tons Fleet Tanker
PNFT-Render.jpg

Karachi Shipyard is presently building 17000 tons Fleet Tanker for Pakistan Navy. The construction of the vessel started on 27 November 2013 with steel cutting and subsequently keel laying was performed on 7 March 2014. The construction of the vessel is progressing rapidly and will be launched by mid 2016.

PNFT will provide not only logistic support to PN units at high seas but can also undertake ASW/ASvW operation through embarked helicopter. PNFT will be built under the Class and will comply with IMO and MARPOL regulations envogue. For this, the ship is of double hull configuration. It is propelled by two diesel driven engines with controllable pitch propeller and can achieve a top speed of 20 knots. There are 4 x DGs for electrical power generation. With overall length of 158.4 m and maximum width of 22.0 m, the ship has scantling displacement of 17000 tons.

Contract for indigenous construction of a Fleet Tanker for Pakistan Navy was signed on 22 Jan 2013 between Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP), Pakistan and M/s STM of Turkey. As per the said contract, design of the ship alongwith Kit of Material (KoM) will be provided by M/s STM, whereas complete construction, outfitting, and trials will be undertaken by KS&EW. PN Fleet Tanker (PNFT) is the largest warship to be built in country to date.
This is very small when compared to INS JYOTI
All the best for karachi shipyard.

Can it be converted into dedicated missile carrier or electronic warfare etc
No it can't its just fleet tanker.

there is a world beyond india her cheez main India ko ghusana achi baat nhi hoti dear . we dont care what india has stick on topic please

One can be an easy target for any aggressor and if it goes so will our supply, they need atleast 2 and is this ship going to be armed with something? It should atleast have a couple of machine guns
we have to cover all areas not take 6 years for build 3 tankers they need one so they order one

there is a world beyond india her cheez main India ko ghusana achi baat nhi hoti dear . we dont care what india has stick on topic please

I think u didn't understand my point or i wasn't clear...I say a fleet tanker is a crucial asset of any navies in the world . Here some said your fleet tanker is about 17,000 ton . I was just asking why don't they (PN) order a big ship with long service life .
I wont gain any thing by comparing indian navy by her pakistan navy .:D

I think u didn't understand my point or i wasn't clear...I say a fleet tanker is a crucial asset of any navies in the world . Here some said your fleet tanker is about 17,000 ton . I was just asking why don't they (PN) order a big ship with long service life .
I wont gain any thing by comparing indian navy by her pakistan navy .:D
its all abut demnad and need PN have tankers of 21000tons and 17000tons and i am sure they order this after they have study what they need . also karachi shipyard made for them 4 coastal oil tankers cum cargo vessels so there fleet fulfilled with some 7 tankers sir. i am not worry abut weight i am just happy that 17000tons tanker will be largest ship made in pakistan after long time of MV islamabad they made .

its all abut demnad and need PN have tankers of 21000tons and 17000tons and i am sure they order this after they have study what they need . also karachi shipyard made for them 4 coastal oil tankers cum cargo vessels so there fleet fulfilled with some 7 tankers sir. i am not worry abut weight i am just happy that 17000tons tanker will be largest ship made in pakistan after long time of MV islamabad they made .
All the best......:yahoo:

INS Jyoti was built as a merchant tanker by the Russians and its the second largest ship in the IN,only our AC,Vikramaditya is larger than Jyoti. Its unfair to compare the PN tanker to Jyoti.

With a 15k displacement,PN Tanker will be well suited for its role. Congrats to Pakistan,good news seems to come in loads for you folks these days. Shaheen,buraqs and now a new tanker! Congrats and all the best.

INS Jyoti was built as a merchant tanker by the Russians and its the second largest ship in the IN,only our AC,Vikramaditya is larger than Jyoti. Its unfair to compare the PN tanker to Jyoti.

With a 15k displacement,PN Tanker will be well suited for its role. Congrats to Pakistan,good news seems to come in loads for you folks these days. Shaheen,buraqs and now a new tanker! Congrats and all the best.
Sir i never compared jyoti to PN. I was just saying that fleet tanker should be big in size.Since fleet tanker is a crucial asset for a navy.

Sir i never compared jyoti to PN. I was just saying that fleet tanker should be big in size.Since fleet tanker is a crucial asset for a navy.
15k is big enough,considering the size of PN. Besides this is not going to be the only tanker in PN service.

Back
Top Bottom