What's new

State Bank of India Named In 'Hall of Shame' List For Cluster Bombs Funding

State Bank of India (SBI) are an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Thanks for making my point its a GOVT owned banking system and it acts as sovereign guarantor in many cases for Govt transactions .

Yes, it's a multinational banking and financial services company. So, leaving out those US and SK banks which are mostly private, SBI is definitely just like the 29 Chinese govt owned banks that deals with commercial services.
If its true where is the regulator in this regard .?

Thanks for making my point its a GOVT owned banking system and it acts as sovereign guarantor in many cases for Govt transactions .

Dude why are you making a fool of yourself on a public forum? I mean, I don't care much but it is turning out to be a very desperate thread.

• India is not a signatory to CCM.
  • Since India is not a party to CCM, SBI has not broken any laws whatsoever.
  • SBI's deal with Orbital ATK was about civilian use of parts for launch vehicles not cluster munition.

Do you have the same yardstick for Chinese banks?
Chinese is not our concern and this article is about Indian Central Bank ,When Article post about Chinese we will discuss them .

Dude why are you making a fool of yourself on a public forum? I mean, I don't care much but it is turning out to be a very desperate thread.

• India is not a signatory to CCM.
  • Since India is not a party to CCM, SBI has not broken any laws whatsoever.
  • SBI's deal with Orbital ATK was about civilian use of parts for launch vehicles not cluster munition.
Kindly refrain from making funny comments about fooling or any thing .I know what i am talking about if you dont understand consult some books on banking specially central banks and their role as Commercial as well as regulator

[QUOTE="volatile, post: 8398769, member: 37795"I know what i am talking about if you dont understand consult some books on banking specially central banks and their role as Commercial as well as regulator[/QUOTE]

I don't have to. "India is not a signatory to CCM and neither are Indian banks". Not a particularly difficult thing to understand.:tsk::tsk::tsk:

SBI is not the Indian Central Bank.

Chinese is not our concern and this article is about Indian Central Bank ,When Article post about Chinese we will discuss them .

This article is not about India's Central bank. It is not mentioned anywhere there! I repeat you clearly (rather deliberately I guess now) not reading the last few comments.

I don't have to. "India is not a signatory to CCM and neither are Indian banks". Not a particularly difficult thing to understand.:tsk::tsk::tsk:

SBI is not the Indian Central Bank.
It doesnt matter why we recently have one bank bein closed down bcas of sanctions from UN on Iran (even though Sanctions were removed from Iran) .You really dont have any idea how financial world works and how important central bank is with guarantees and money

This article is not about India's Central bank. It is not mentioned anywhere there! I repeat you clearly (rather deliberately I guess now) not reading the last few comments.

State Bank of India (SBI) has been named in a 'Hall of Shame' list of 158 banking and financial institutions globally that have invested billions of dollars in companies making cluster bombs.

SBI, the only Indian entity joins the list of global giants like JP Morgan, Barclays, Bank of America and Credit Suisse that invested over $28 billion in seven producers of cluster munitions between June 2012 and April 2016, PTI reported citing a report by Dutch campaign group PAX.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/state-ba...r-cluster-bombs-funding.435662/#ixzz4CDBJLP7i

Here you go ,Stop trolling stay on topic

Now just because you haven't read the report, i suggest you should stop embarrassing yourself.

You are worried about the paltry loan amount of 87M$ which SBI gave for this
pzXLMBl.jpg

But not worried about this?
cyC1kRJ.jpg

Did you check how many Chinese " Government banks " are in that list?

Misplaced priorities or trying too hard to troll.
Kindly read before posting . For you i will post some of the lines from topic at hand not XYZ .

SBI, the only Indian entity joins the list of global giants like JP Morgan, Barclays, Bank of America and Credit Suisse that invested over $28 billion in seven producers of cluster munitions between June 2012 and April 2016, PTI reported citing a report by Dutch campaign group PAX.

State Bank of India (SBI) has been named in a 'Hall of Shame' list of 158 banking and financial institutions globally that have invested billions of dollars in companies making cluster bombs.

No body is suing India about it but Congrats on making Hall of Shame

SBI got money to loan, clearly i see you crying in pain there. :hitwall:
Go read the full report, dont scratch the news article to death.
SBI financing in this case represent Mal practice and Indian GOVT policies to work on conflict zones to make quick money

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom