What's new

Stacks of Urns in Wuhan Prompt New Questions of Virus’s Toll

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
The long lines and stacks of ash urns greeting family members of the dead at funeral homes in Wuhan are spurring questions about the true scale of coronavirus casualties at the epicenter of the outbreak, renewing pressure on a Chinese government struggling to control its containment narrative.

The families of those who succumbed to the virus in the central Chinese city, where the disease first emerged in December, were allowed to pick up their cremated ashes at eight local funeral homes starting this week. As they did, photos circulated on Chinese social media of thousands of urns being ferried in.

Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped inabout 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It’s unclear how many of the urns had been filled.

People who answered the phone at six of the eight funeral homes in Wuhan said they either did not have data on how many urns were waiting to be collected, or were not authorized to disclose the numbers. Calls were not answered at the other two.

Some families said they had been forced to wait for several hours to pick up the ashes. The photos circulated as mass deaths from the virus spiked in cities across the west, including Milan, Madrid and New York, where hospitals were erecting tents to handle the overflow as global infections soar past 500,000, with 24,000 dead.

According to Chinese government figures, 2,535 people in Wuhan have died of the virus. The announcement that a lockdown in place since January would be lifted came after China said its tally of new cases had hit zero and stepped up diplomatic outreach to other countries hard hit by the virus, sending some of them medical supplies.

But some in China have been skeptical of the accuracy of the official tally, particularly given Wuhan’s overwhelmed medical system, authorities’ attempts to cover up the outbreak in its initial stages, and multiple revisions to the way official cases are counted. Residents on social media have demanded disciplinary action against top Wuhan officials.

Many people who died had Covid-19 symptoms, but weren’t tested and excluded from the official case tally, Caixin said. There were also patients who died of other diseases due to a lack of proper treatment when hospitals were overwhelmed dealing with those who had the coronavirus.

There were 56,007 cremations in Wuhan in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to datafrom the city’s civil affairs agency. The number of cremations was 1,583 higher than those in the fourth quarter of 2018 and 2,231 higher than the fourth quarter of 2017.

Mourning Restrictions
The families of the deceased may not be able to say a proper goodbye to their loved ones just yet. Wuhan’s government issued a statement on Thursday prohibiting individuals in the city from tomb-sweeping activities until April 30, meaning they would not be able to observe the traditional April 4 Ching Ming Festival, or tomb sweeping holiday. Other provinces including Guangxi and Zhejiang have also announced similar restrictions.

Two locals in Wuhan who have lost family members to the virus said online that they were informed they had to be accompanied by their employers or officials from neighborhood committees when picking up the urns, likely as a measure against public gatherings.

“I was told by district government to wait until further notice on when I can pick up my father’s ashes,” one Wuhan resident using the name “Xue Zai Shou Zhong,” meaning “snow in hand,” posted on Weibo. “There is a staggered arrangement for urn collecting.”

Another Weibo user using the handle Adagier said she lost her husband to the coronavirus and had since been contacted by police warning her not to be too emotional -- and to stop posting online.

“I have only one demand,” she wrote. “I want to give my husband a proper burial as soon as possible.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...in-wuhan-prompt-new-questions-of-virus-s-toll

If thats the case the I wonder how is China helping other countries by sending masks, test kits, Ventilators, Medical Supplies and people?? I suspect it to be fake

USA is not very different from the commie cover up, i started a thread a long time ago, how the death of a migrant under ICE detention happened due to brutal conditions and treatment of the USA authority, the official tried to falsify the report by adding there was medical check up on the guy, but the video skipped the time where the official falsified those reports indicating coverup by the state.

regards

The long lines and stacks of ash urns greeting family members of the dead at funeral homes in Wuhan are spurring questions about the true scale of coronavirus casualties at the epicenter of the outbreak, renewing pressure on a Chinese government struggling to control its containment narrative.

The families of those who succumbed to the virus in the central Chinese city, where the disease first emerged in December, were allowed to pick up their cremated ashes at eight local funeral homes starting this week. As they did, photos circulated on Chinese social media of thousands of urns being ferried in.

Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped inabout 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It’s unclear how many of the urns had been filled.

People who answered the phone at six of the eight funeral homes in Wuhan said they either did not have data on how many urns were waiting to be collected, or were not authorized to disclose the numbers. Calls were not answered at the other two.

Some families said they had been forced to wait for several hours to pick up the ashes. The photos circulated as mass deaths from the virus spiked in cities across the west, including Milan, Madrid and New York, where hospitals were erecting tents to handle the overflow as global infections soar past 500,000, with 24,000 dead.

According to Chinese government figures, 2,535 people in Wuhan have died of the virus. The announcement that a lockdown in place since January would be lifted came after China said its tally of new cases had hit zero and stepped up diplomatic outreach to other countries hard hit by the virus, sending some of them medical supplies.

But some in China have been skeptical of the accuracy of the official tally, particularly given Wuhan’s overwhelmed medical system, authorities’ attempts to cover up the outbreak in its initial stages, and multiple revisions to the way official cases are counted. Residents on social media have demanded disciplinary action against top Wuhan officials.

Many people who died had Covid-19 symptoms, but weren’t tested and excluded from the official case tally, Caixin said. There were also patients who died of other diseases due to a lack of proper treatment when hospitals were overwhelmed dealing with those who had the coronavirus.

There were 56,007 cremations in Wuhan in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to datafrom the city’s civil affairs agency. The number of cremations was 1,583 higher than those in the fourth quarter of 2018 and 2,231 higher than the fourth quarter of 2017.

Mourning Restrictions
The families of the deceased may not be able to say a proper goodbye to their loved ones just yet. Wuhan’s government issued a statement on Thursday prohibiting individuals in the city from tomb-sweeping activities until April 30, meaning they would not be able to observe the traditional April 4 Ching Ming Festival, or tomb sweeping holiday. Other provinces including Guangxi and Zhejiang have also announced similar restrictions.

Two locals in Wuhan who have lost family members to the virus said online that they were informed they had to be accompanied by their employers or officials from neighborhood committees when picking up the urns, likely as a measure against public gatherings.

“I was told by district government to wait until further notice on when I can pick up my father’s ashes,” one Wuhan resident using the name “Xue Zai Shou Zhong,” meaning “snow in hand,” posted on Weibo. “There is a staggered arrangement for urn collecting.”

Another Weibo user using the handle Adagier said she lost her husband to the coronavirus and had since been contacted by police warning her not to be too emotional -- and to stop posting online.

“I have only one demand,” she wrote. “I want to give my husband a proper burial as soon as possible.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...in-wuhan-prompt-new-questions-of-virus-s-toll
Anyway China is ok now, you better come up with solutions about your massive mess in US, if this mess lasts, the whole world can never recover.

This was debunk easily even on reddit. 3000 death in Wuhan by corona does not meant there aren't any other type of non-corona death in Wuhan and people are not able to collect the dead while in lock down for 3 months. US media are sensationalist propaganda.

Sun rising above China spurrs loaded questions from disingenuous U.S. regime mouthpieces and shills desperately trying to discredit Chinese government achievements and statements. Yawn.

The number of cremations was 1,583 higher than those in the fourth quarter of 2018 and 2,231 higher than the fourth quarter of 2017.
The U.S. regime mouthpiece is contradiciting itself while acting like they are proving their point.

So 700 more deaths per year in a growing city of 40 Million citizen is normal.
But 1500 more deaths a year later during a virus outbreak that overburdened health systems, means all of them must be unreported virus deaths and cant possibly be sideeffects or mere fluctiation of numbers in the ten thousands?

Thats coming from the same regime with 100.000 cases that admitted misdiagnosing Corona deaths as flus but never told us the numbers?

This was debunk easily even on reddit. 3000 death in Wuhan by corona does not meant there aren't any other type of non-corona death in Wuhan and people are not able to collect the dead while in lock down for 3 months. US media are sensationalist propaganda.

Very good point.

LOL, like I said before, maths and logic are not the strong point of American dotards:rofl:

Let me do the math for you:

Wuhan is a city of 10 million residency, and assuming the life expectcy there is 80 years, and for the sake of simplicity assuming the population are roughly evenly disturbed by ages, and considering the statistic fact Jan-March (which belong to winter) is the time when more people dies, there SHOULD be about 30,000+ so people dies in Wuhuan every year at that time.

And now, consider the Wuhan was locked-down for three months, and during that time people are not allowed to go out to collect urns, then there would be 30,000+ urns to be collected even excluding coronavirus cause, so whats the problem when there are more than 3,000 urns to be collected?

With the IQ of a dotard, you guys should not worry about China's number, worry about yourself instead, your medical professionals now use garbage bag for self-protection now, and you still only test rich or critically illed people and still charge $30,000 for patients, I am afraid whether you could still around as a country after this total shitstorm in your country now:cry:

Last edited:
Very good point.
Alot were postponed urns deliveries collections due to the virus. Now they are starting to send them out. They are seriously desperate to prove China didn't recover. They want us to die with them, but if you can't even wear masks, you failed the first step.

Mourning Restrictions

Leave China alone ... they know their problems better than you.
Reserve your energies for 'Covid-19' rise in US and your liar 'Orange head' clown.
It was learnt in past, US government attitude always in the early few hours 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' and later US always got decades of spanking on that 'accomplished mission'.

Alot were postponed urns deliveries collections due to the virus. Now they are starting to send them out. They are seriously desperate to prove China didn't recover. They want us to die with them, but if you can't even wear masks, you failed the first step.

Lol.

@F-22Raptor, is that your wish?

Leave China alone ... they know their problems better than you.
Reserve your energies for 'Covid-19' rise in US and your liar 'Orange head' clown.
It was learnt in past, US government attitude always in the early few hours 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' and later US always got decades of spanking on that 'accomplished mission'.

He's one of those born-again type American at best. I vaguely recall that he started off with both Indian and American flags.

The normal death rate in China is 7.261 per thousand in 2019 statistic. With a population of 1,420,000,000 people this means 10,310,000 people died every year, equal to 28,248 death every day in China.

So, how many of these urns are for COVID-19 deaths, and how many are for the normal deaths? The answer is clear.

(European countries have higher normal death rates than China, many are in double digits, e.g. in Germany the death rate is 11.5 per thousand).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom