What's new

SSP CID ch.aslam killed by bomb blast karachi

Blast in Karachi: Live updates

656878-___n-1389268415-476-640x480.jpg

The smoke cloud rising after the explosion. PHOTO: SOHA SOZ

656878-blastkhi-1389268735-891-160x120.jpg
656878-___n-1389268415-476-160x120.jpg
656878-blastcrimescenepolicereuters-1389268114-293-160x120.jpg

KARACHI: A blast was heard near Karachi’s Hassan Square in the Gulshan-e-Iqbal area,Express News reported on Thursday.

The blast was heard in far off areas. A fire erupted soon after the explosion.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Live Updates

5:11pm

Three other police officials have been killed along with Chaudhry Aslam.

Aslam had been targeted several times during the past, particularly because of his security operations against terrorists.

Earlier in September, 2011, Chaudhry Aslam’s house in DHA, Karachi was targeted. While Aslam escaped unharmed, eight others had died in the bomb blast. The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had claimed responsibility for the attack.

5:07pm

SSP CID Chaudhry Aslam has been killed in the attack, Express News confirmed.

After completing an assignment in 2009, Chaudhry Aslam rejoined the CID as head of the Counter Terrorism Unit and as chief of the Anti-Extremism Cell in July 2010. Due to the nature of Aslam’s work, he had countless enemies, ranging from banned militant groups to drug-runners.

Chaudhry was a decorated grade-18 officer and his achievements include a Pakistan Police Medal, Qauid-e-Azam Police Medal and the Tamgha-i-Imtiaz awarded by the president on March 23 this year.

5:05pm

The explosion took place on Lyari Expressway when Chaudhry Aslam was returning from a successful operation against militants.

5:00pm

There are unverified reports that Chaudhry Aslam was killed in the explosion.

RIP. Hope Pakistan get well soon

Blast in Karachi targets SSP CID Chaudhry Aslam
DAWN.COM
52ce8de8c5a3c.jpg

Breaking News
Published 2014-01-09 16:53:40

KARACHI: A loud blast was heard near Karachi's Easa Nagri area, with eyewitnesses reporting heavy smoke from the rising from the area.

According to television reports, the blast targeted a convoy of police vehicles, one of which was said to belong to senior police official Chaudhry Aslam.

Additional Inspector-General Iqbal Mehmood told reporters that the SSP CID Chaudhary Aslam was killed in the attack.

There were conflicting reports about the total number of casualties from the explosion, with television reports saying at least three policemen were killed and several injured. The reports could not yet be confirmed independently.

This is a developing story and will be updated as further reports come in

:cray: :cray: :cray:

only ALLAH know about the heart and hidden Secrets - But to me he was my Hero - very few people i look upto - i wish i could attend his funeral ----

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ)
He was one tough Cop and was on the hit list of thugs & mafia....

We must remember that our police has sacrificed alot in this insane war. they have been the easy target for terrorists.

Blast in Karachi kills SSP CID Chaudhry Aslam - DAWN.COM

KARACHI: A powerful explosion targeted a convoy of police vehicles in Karachi on Thursday killing senior police official Chaudhry Aslam.

Additional Inspector-General Iqbal Mehmood confirmed to reporters that SSP CID Chaudhary Aslam was killed in the attack, which took place around 4:40 pm in Karachi’s Essa Nagri area near the Lyari Expressway.

There were conflicting reports about the total number of casualties from the explosion, with television reports saying at least three policemen were killed and several injured.

The reports could not yet be confirmed independently.

This is a developing story and will be updated as further reports come in

Blast in Karachi: Live updates – The Express Tribune

5:28pm

The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attack which killed SSP CID Chaudhry Aslam.

TTP spokesperson in Mohmand, Sajjad Mohmand, told The Express Tribune that the group has carried out a “successful” attack to take revenge of several Taliban members killed by the police.

Biggest threat to Taliban , Lashkar e Jhangvi and other extremists in now martyred in a cowardly manner by the same p1gs ... ! May he Rest in peace and May Allah reward him highest award in heavens.

every thug, terrorist, extremist in the country was after him - from extortionists to target killers, extremists to terrorist - he sent them all to hell.....
so if they think they have won - then they should look back and see how many of their jackals have died to kill just one Lion ----
and it doesn't end their - we have more Lions

@RescueRanger

LATEST UPDATE : CID SSP Chaudhry Aslam killed with three other police officials.

last press conference by SSP aslam ... look how he put the TTP dogs on hospital stretchers

BilawalBhuttoZardari @BBhuttoZardari tweets ::

TTP dogs martyred my SSP. Shaheed Chaudary Aslam had been threatened & attacked B4. He didnt back down. He died a brave man.Shame on cowards

Last edited:
From a Pakistani frnd on facebook .

"Oh God what a sad news, i have chased this brave lad from long time ,He was a nightmare for terrorists in Karachi, TTP try to assassinate him previously he escaped unhurt.....He killed and apprehended dozens of TTP terrorists in Karachi....Last night he raided TTP hideout in Karachi and killed 3 terrorists.....Today terrorists attack his convoy and they succeeded . SP CID Ch Aslam is no more !!! RIP Chaudary Aslam"

RIP Brave Man .

(إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ)
"Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return"

Back
Top Bottom