What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

By the time all these Three will be upgraded, Hangor Class will start joining PN. I am hoping 2-3 years for delivery process done for Agosta 90 and delivery proces will start for Hangor Class

Yes, good news, it means PN intent on keeping Agosta 90B for at least another 20 years so entire sub fleet of Pakistan will be 11 AIP equipped subs plus the 2 Agosta 70s that I suspect will be relagated to training role or retired

Are there any plans of PN to replace all of its SUBs in near future?

I guess PN should also look towards U216 and some Swedish subs for future.

Can someone here tell me does Agosta 90Bs have the capacity to launch Ballistic Missiles?
@Basel @Tank131 @HRK @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

They cant carry ballistic missiles. You need a ballistic missile sub for that. They MAY be able to fire SL-LACM like Babur 3 but officially they cant do that either. Usually for a lacm (depending on its diameter) you need a 650mm tube rather than the 533mm tube used for heavy torpedos and sl-AShM. The Agostas only have 533mm tubes. N9w it could be that Babur 3 is narrow enough to fit in the 533mm tube (it would explain why it has a 300km shorther range), but officially Agosta 90b is not equipped with Babur. It IS equipped with SM-39 exocet for antiship roles.

They cant carry ballistic missiles. You need a ballistic missile sub for that. They MAY be able to fire SL-LACM like Babur 3 but officially they cant do that either. Usually for a lacm (depending on its diameter) you need a 650mm tube rather than the 533mm tube used for heavy torpedos and sl-AShM. The Agostas only have 533mm tubes. N9w it could be that Babur 3 is narrow enough to fit in the 533mm tube (it would explain why it has a 300km shorther range), but officially Agosta 90b is not equipped with Babur. It IS equipped with SM-39 exocet for antiship roles.
But we have said that we have launched Babur 3? Isint this true?

But we have said that we have launched Babur 3? Isint this true?
Well yes and no. Yes it was launched but the first test was done from underwater platform and not a sub. The recent live fire test was likely also from a platform rather than a sub but there is no official word on this that i have seen, just a blanket statement mentioning it that SLCM was fired. There is a possibility that the Agostas can fire it if Babur 3 is able to fit 533mm tube, but my suspicion is that babur 3 is not equipped on A90B. More likely that is why the PN went for Hangor class, because the chinese likely had mo problems incorporateling 650mm tubes.

Well yes and no. Yes it was launched but the first test was done from underwater platform and not a sub. The recent live fire test was likely also from a platform rather than a sub but there is no official word on this that i have seen, just a blanket statement mentioning it that SLCM was fired. There is a possibility that the Agostas can fire it if Babur 3 is able to fit 533mm tube, but my suspicion is that babur 3 is not equipped on A90B. More likely that is why the PN went for Hangor class, because the chinese likely had mo problems incorporateling 650mm tubes.
But submarine need was there too. A70s are going to be retired. We needed more subs

Back
Top Bottom