What's new

Srinagar-Leh national highway broadened for T-72 tank movement

tushar

Reaction score
Wary of Chinese activity in the Ladakh sector, the Indian Army has broadened the Srinagar-Leh national highway for the passage of T-72 tanks. Indian Army in 2010 began this effort in 2010 as per the General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lieutenant General S A Hasnain. Srinagar-Leh road passes through Zojila pass which is prone to avalanches. Army is hoping for an all weather road in near future. The work was carried out by the 32 Border Roads Task Force (BRTF) and 122 RCC.

T-72′s are already being used in Ladahk as it is flat. The use of the tank is not extensive as the road travel was not possible and bringing in these tanks by air was cumbersome.

GOC LT Gen Hasain said that the move was initiated after several reports of Chinese incursions into Ladakh region over the past few years. He is taking a opposite stand to what Indian Army has been claiming all these years. In May 2010, General Officer Commanding- In-Chief (GOC-In-C), Nothern Command, Lt Gen B S Jaswal had denied that there were no intrusions by Chinese Army in Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir.

On April 6, 2010, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen K T Parnaik’s said that there is Chinese presence in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir () and Chinese deployments along the LOC.

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

If this is the case then we should consider buying more light MBTs instead of just 300 which is still on paper.....We need those light tanks and light artillery very quickly

I suppose the 25+ (projected number) C-17s will help on this front.

When did we induct T-72's? And we are only now going to expand the roads....hmmmmm.....it just tells you the strategic failure and lack of vision/planning......I hope we all see this....how can we contribute to the shortcomings in our armed forces...Dude a freaking 9th standard student can plan better than this.....this is pathetic....

^^^
Ealier they just airlifted MBTs in these border areas, now we can transport them via highway also....

What do you know about the terrain to make such a preposterous comment?

Terrain are f-ing serious? Take a look at other developed countries and ask yourself do they let terrain stop their plans...First stop complaining India to 4th world countries..and stop making pathetic excuses. We have the engineer and the tech to do so......What it tells me is that instead of fighting a good define we are willing to cede land as soon as war begins.....great tactic yeah right......

^^^
Ealier they just airlifted MBTs in these border areas, now we can transport them via highway also....

Damn bro I can understand airlifting in Afghanistan but In our own damn country.....this is really pathetic...

Take a look at other developed countries and ask yourself do they let terrain stop their plans...First stop complaining India to 4th world countries..and stop making pathetic excuses.
Man....first of all none of those countries have mountains like Himalayas....But still there should be proper road connectivity, which my friend is there in at-least this area....As far as 6 lanes highways are concerned, you cannot build them everywhere....

Terrain are f-ing serious? Take a look at other developed countries and ask yourself do they let terrain stop their plans...First stop complaining India to 4th world countries..and stop making pathetic excuses. We have the engineer and the tech to do so......What it tells me is that instead of fighting a good define we are willing to cede land as soon as war begins.....great tactic yeah right......

6 laned road at 15000 ft you need Gabriel to do that.

Man....first of all none of those countries have mountains like Himalayas....But still there should be proper road connectivity, which my friend is there in at-least this area....As far as 6 lanes highways are concerned, you cannot build them everywhere....

Bro a lot of other countries drill thru mountains....all you have to do is look at China....stop making excuses....Rocky mountains....the Alps...the Appalachians..etc have all been drilled thru......if there is a will there is a way....it would require blowing and leveling the land.....probably is that we would be using humans to dig and shovel and very little tech.....change that first in india...then you will see

6 laned road at 15000 ft you need Gabriel to do that.

I never stated anything about 6 lane highways....first of all. I said we would have made wider roads since independence....are you kidding me. Ill let china do it first then you keep telling it to yourself......by the way how high is the elevation in Tibet ....the area where train tracks were recently built and roads.....right buddy ....you and others like are saying no we cannot do it before you have even tried......loser.

Back
Top Bottom