What's new

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar gets death threats from IS

one of his older ideas was "united states of africa".

just before 2011, another idea was a africa development fund, whose two main branches would be in cameroon ( i think ) and in libya.

there was the "gold dinar" currency idea which was meant for african and muslim countries to use and demand in place of usa dollar.

for whatever effect, one of his titles was "king of kings" in african context.

other older things.

I think mostly it was linked to oil politics involving international powers.

yes, of brainwashing south asian muslims away from the progress and progressiveness achieved by nasser and his students.

That was mainly linked to cold war politics and during the time of President Nasser almost all the countries were under occupation.

Muslim girls recite a Sanskrit couplet in class on Saturday. (Bijay/HT Photo)
e23295fb-2fee-4de0-b7e2-8291578911d4wallpaper1.jpg

asma al-assad, wife of the syrian president... on a podium and certainly not reciting the vedas...

264196-asma-al-assad.jpg

Yes, he worked alot for the unity of Arab people and end of occupation.

and he inspired beyond the arab world and africa... one of my colleagues ( indian ) long back, was named after nasser.

I think mostly it was linked to oil politics involving international powers.

the gulf has enough oil under western control... the libya invasion was about politics purely... libyan influence went far and wide, among various revolutionary groups... and gaddafi was a ideas man... you should watch his 2009 uno general assembly speech... perhaps the uno's finest speech.

Students pick Sanskrit because it's really easy to score high marks in board exam, nothing to do with their love for vedas or the language.

Students are free to choose any language in India. Be it Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian etc and mainly these all are religious languages and these religions are existed and are followed by billions.

The President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee with the Sanskrit, Pali/Prakrit, Arabic and Persian Languages and Maharshi Badarayan Vyas Samman scholars for the year 2014, at a function, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in New Delhi on March 23, 2015. The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Irani is also seen.
s2015032363392.jpg

and he inspired beyond the arab world and africa... one of my colleagues ( indian ) long back, was named after nasser.

Yes he was one of founding member of NAM.

the gulf has enough oil under western control... the libya invasion was about politics purely... libyan influence went far and wide, among various revolutionary groups... and gaddafi was a ideas man... you should watch his 2009 uno general assembly speech... perhaps the uno's finest speech..

That is linked to OPEC.

Libyan Invasion was the result of cold war.

Students are free to choose any language in India. Be it Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian etc and mainly these all are religious languages and these religions are existed and are followered by billions.

The President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee with the Sanskrit, Pali/Prakrit, Arabic and Persian Languages and Maharshi Badarayan Vyas Samman scholars for the year 2014, at a function, at Rashtrapati Bhavan, in New Delhi on March 23, 2015. The Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Irani is also seen.
s2015032363392.jpg
When did i said students can't chose? They chose Sanskrit because it's easy to get good marks in it because it's a simple language to learn considering they are already familiar with Hindi script. Nothing to do with religious texts unless they want to pursue higher studies in Sanskrit itself.

When did i said students can't chose? They chose Sanskrit because it's easy to get good marks in it because it's a simple language to learn considering they are already familiar with Hindi script. Nothing to do with religious texts unless they want to pursue higher studies in Sanskrit itself.

I have read article about a Muslim Kerala girl who pursued higher studies in Sanskrit and i think here its more about the interest in understanding the similarity among religions and understanding about the Supreme Creator.

Muslim girl tops Kerala’s Sanskrit Vedanta course - Indian Express

A Rahmath, 21, a native of Kayamkulam, has emerged the topper in Sanskrit from the college run by the State Temple Affairs Board in Kollam. Daughter of an NRI, Rahmath had first embraced Sanskrit as a second language at the higher secondary level after abandoning Arabic, which she studied till Class X.

"I have genuine interest in Sanskrit, which is part of the Indian tradition and culture. Despite being orthodox, my parents supported the decision to take Sanskrit as the main subject. I will pursue higher studies in Vedanta," Rehmath said.

@jamahir why are you always in favour of dead and dying dictators like Saddam, Gaddafi, Castro - the worst in humanity who brought nothing but misery to their people

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom