What's new

Sri Lanka's SLPL T20 signs more Pakistani players

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka's SLPL T20 signs more Pakistani players

Sri Lanka have signed several more players from Pakistan for the upcoming Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) tournament, which is set to get underway on July 19, despite India's boycott of the tournament.

Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf will join fellow countrymen Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, and Fawad Alam, along with Shahzaib Hasan, Asad Shafiq, Ahmed Shehzad and Mohammad Irfan, who have already confirmed participation.

In addition to Pakistani players, the SLPL will feature several international stars including Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Herschelle Gibbs, Daniel Vettori and Kevin O'Brien.

The inaugural SLPL tournament runs from July 19 to August 4.

Sri Lanka SLPL T20 signs more Pakistani players | Sri Lanka | Cricket

Indian Players replaced by Pakistani Players

SLPL T20 tournament will start from July 19 as announced.

SLPL signs more Pakistan players

While star players like Shahid Afridi and experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq already having their contracts secured, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has roped in seven more Pakistani cricketers for the inaugural edition of its Twenty20 league.

According to details, former captains Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan are among the national cricketers who have signed fresh contracts with the SLC for the Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) that will be played from July 19.

The other Pakistani players who have recently signed up include natioanl team discards Fawad Alam and Shahzaib Hasan, upcoming batsman Asad Shafiq and opener Ahmed Shehzad. Fast-bowler Mohammad Irfan was also included.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has already announced that it would not block the participation of the players in the tournament.

Meanwhile, the Sri Lankan cricket board has announced that the event will go as planned despite the withdrawal of Indian players following instructions by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). And while the SLC admitted that the league will incur a financial loss, the league will go ahead.

Excluding the Indian players, cricketers from all the top-cricketing nations including Daniel Vetorri (New Zealand), Herchelle Gibbs (South Africa), Chris Gayle and Kieron Pollard (West Indies) are also expected to feature in the tournament.

SLPL signs seven more Pakistan players – The Express Tribune

india doesnt represent the spirit of the game, it is all for money, commercials and benefits, india is rather using cricket for its benefits, its sad that BCCI is getting power and money, it will harm cricket rather then making it stronger, indians must learn to value respect and equality rather than greed, selfishness, jealousy and attention seeking

such politics and biasness will only harm cricket further, IPL has always harmed cricket

ICC can take examples of FIFA, and groom itself on FIFA bases, through FIFA football has reached all four corners of the world and has not remained limited to western europe or south america

with such policies i see a gloomy cricket future, with ICC losing its members like pakistan, srilanka (zimbabwe is already gone, westindies is nearly finished, newzealand is half finished) rather than gaining more members like china, ireland, afghanistan

with money being poured through cricket and IPL, i expected cricket's image to grow, but it has been worsened through ICC policies and greediness and biasness of few cricket boards

india doesnt represent the spirit of the game, it is all for money, commercials and benefits, india is rather using cricket for its benefits, its sad that BCCI is getting power and money, it will harm cricket rather then making it stronger, indians must learn to value respect and equality rather than greed, selfishness, jealousy and attention seeking

such politics and biasness will only harm cricket further, IPL has always harmed cricket

ICC can take examples of FIFA, and groom itself on FIFA bases, through FIFA football has reached all four corners of the world and has not remained limited to western europe or south america

with such policies i see a gloomy cricket future, with ICC losing its members like pakistan, srilanka (zimbabwe is already gone, westindies is nearly finished, newzealand is half finished) rather than gaining more members like china, ireland, afghanistan

with money being poured through cricket and IPL, i expected cricket's image to grow, but it has been worsened through ICC policies and greediness and biasness of few cricket boards
Firstly...World is spherical it doesn't have 4 corners:lol:
Zimbabwe is gone?Where? West Indies is gone?Where?New Zealand is half gone?where? Care to elaborate or will you just burst off your jealousy like this?

Firstly...World is spherical it doesn't have 4 corners:lol:
Zimbabwe is gone?Where? West Indies is gone?Where?New Zealand is half gone?where? Care to elaborate or will you just burst off your jealousy like this?

i dont need to rephrase for users like you, because you are too low IQed, if u were smart enuf u would have got my point

I do know your point,but i m also POINTING at your childish English :lol:

idiot its called idoms its not called child's english, four corners is an idiom used which means the whole world

you can have troll fun anytime, as long as not you are not banned from here, but you can gain knowledge by visiting this link

Four continents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/the+four+corners+of+the+world

its my long experience in PDF that you are among the few low IQed trolls here

idiot its called idoms its not called child's english, four corners is an idiom used which means the whole world

you can have troll fun anytime, as long as not you are not banned from here, but you can gain knowledge by visiting this link

Four continents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its my long experience in PDF that you are among the few low IQed trolls here
I actually never heard '4' corners of world,maybe you can tell me where the corners are!

Back
Top Bottom