What's new

Sri Lankan Christian Pilgrims Attacked in India

If Sri Lankan army can attack innocent Tamil fishermen, mostly christians, those tamils have the right to attack the so called innocent Sri Lankan christians coming here. Its just a 'tit for tat'..:P

SL Navy will be busy on coming weeks.. stay tune. lol

You are just coverds , killing fishermen and unarmed civilians and when we people protest you cry a river. The day is not far when we Tamils will push the Indian govt to act and then things will change for good.

You are just coverds , killing fishermen and unarmed civilians and when we people protest you cry a river. The day is not far when we Tamils will push the Indian govt to act and then things will change for good.

Sri Lankan law in the Sri Lankan waters, SL Navy rules there!

Maybe when they throw stones, ransack and attack places of worship, attack buses?

Dude I just wonder if had whined that much even when Srilankan Team Players were fired upon and injured in Pakistan!! Shame on your Propagandist attitude!!:angry:

How protesters became Militant? don't loose mind

Militant as in aggressively active. Aggressively confronting visiting civilians is a militant action. You do not want to visit a foreign country and some protesters who may want to protest against the GOI target you for protest.

They are civilians FFS, its these aggressive protesters who have lost their mind. I have a soft corner for suffering Tamils in SL and the horrific war crimes committed by SL army are shameful. But I am against such militant Tamil protesters trying to hijack Indian foreign policy and relations by using such militant tactics.

As for the fishermen matter, you need to take that up with Indian government. SL government or people do not owe you anything.

Militant as in aggressively active. Aggressively confronting visiting civilians is a militant action. You do not want to visit a foreign country and some protesters who may want to protest against the GOI target you for protest.

They are civilians FFS, its these aggressive protesters who have lost their mind. I have a soft corner for suffering Tamils in SL and the horrific war crimes committed by SL army are shameful. But I am against such militant Tamil protesters trying to hijack Indian foreign policy and relations by using such militant tactics.

As for the fishermen matter, you need to take that up with Indian government. SL government or people do not owe you anything.

What GOI(Congressie?) when they cared about TN? Say how many defense establishment in the state? How many Defense base in the state? How many central gov corp.company in the state? least. Most negated state in India by central Due to (congressie kied out many decades ago).

Indian Foreign Polices with SL I will say Looooooool

Relations Between India and Sri Lanka Sour

By JIM YARDLEY

Associated Press

Last week, while traveling down the coast of Tamil Nadu for my article about the fishing wars between India and Sri Lanka, I noticed pilgrims walking along the side of the road. They trudged along, despite the heat, as they walked kilometers on a pilgrimage to Christian shrines in the state of Tamil Nadu. What I had not realized is that some of the pilgrims visiting the state were from Sri Lanka.

That has become painfully clear this week. The same tensions coursing through the fishing dispute between India and Sri Lanka are now contributing to an ugly spectacle in Tamil Nadu as Indian protesters on Tuesday stoned buses carrying Sri Lankan pilgrims. The Sri Lankan government issued a travel advisory and arranged for a special plane to transport pilgrims home. The attack followed earlier protests and prompted India’s Ministry of External Affairs to offer reassurances that Sri Lankans are safe in India.

FULL STORY http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/relations-between-india-and-sri-lanka-sour/

What GOI(Congressie?) when they cared about TN? Say how many defense establishment in the state? How many Defense base in the state? How many central gov corp.company in the state? least. Most negated state in India by central Due to (congressie kied out many decades ago).

Indian Foreign Polices with SL I will say Looooooool

Yaara Bihar says centre ignores them, UP says centre ignores them, Karnatak says centre ignores them, maharashtra says centre ignores them, mumbaikars say centre ignores them, NE states say centre ignores them, Bengal says centre ignores them and this goes on. Its possible there is some truth in all the complaints caused by party politics, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Truth is, and this needs to be heard, if you have an issue with a foreign country, tell your own govt to deal with it. If you want to protest, protest in front of your own govt, in front of the foreign govt offices or UN offices. Play your intra-state party politics at those venues too. But targetting private citizens visiting as tourists is in bad taste.

We do not want that happening to our own citizens when they visit foreign countries too.

BTW if you think you don't have enough representation in the centre, thats a risk you chose to take when you only vote for regional parties. But wait a minute, TN has some 7 or 8 ministers in the centre - the higest of any state is 8. Even during the NDA rule the no was even higher (unbelievable 10 at a time). Then why so much self pity???

incidently, the attacking militants were from a radical tamil nationalist group. there are so many such groups roaming freely. eelam apologists and brainwashed by periyar's ideology that tamils are a separate race(dravida).

Back
Top Bottom