What's new

Sri Lanka to import 3000 buses from China

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka

The Minister of Transport Kumara Welgama decided to import 3000 buses from China.
3500 CTB buses which were engage in the transport are 15 years older and unable to full fill the transportation need on correct time.

Due to this ministry decided to import 3000 new buses from China.

Earlier SriLanka imported buses from India and for the first time Lankan government decided to import buses from China.

News view - LankasriNews.com

I want to know the names of Chinese bus manufacturers.

What happened Lanka Ashok Leyland?

It looks like GoSL has given little brake to Lanka Ashok Leyland. Except 1 model all other models are ugly.

I want to know the names of Chinese bus manufacturers.

I think more of these Chinese ones..

O_1000_680_680_2012-01-31T133910Z-01-COL01-RTRMDNP-3-SRILANKA-CHINA.JPG5954929669241829012.jpg

Yu Tong,world's largest bus&coach builder, official site
Home--YUTONG

productbanner.jpg

20120110014421880.jpg

ZK6100DA-YUTONG
Headquartered in Zhengzhou of central China’s Henan Province, Zhengzhou Yutong Group Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Yutong Group”) is a large-scale industrial group mainly specialized in bus business, also covering some other strategic businesses such as construction machinery, automotive parts and components, real estate, etc. It is also one of China's top 500 enterprises. Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Yutong Bus”), the core enterprise of Yutong Group, was established in 1963 whose predecessor is Zhengzhou Bus Repairing Factory. In 1993, it was renamed as Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co., Ltd. Located in Zhengzhou Yutong Industrial Park, it covers an area of 1.12 million sq m with a daily capacity of over 210 unit buses. Till now, it has grown up into the largest and the most technologically advanced manufacturing base of large and medium-sized buses around the world and become the largest bus builder worldwide in terms of sales volume.

Adhering to the motto of “Yutong for you”, we endeavor to provide our customers with reliable products, responding service and rewarding return. As a leading enterprise in China’s bus industry, the turnover of Yutong Group reached 25.8 billion RMB in 2011 with a sales volume of 52,316 units of large and medium-sized buses, construction machinery and special vehicles, a rise of 11.6 percent year-on-year, continuously ranked first in the industry in terms of the enterprise scale and sales performance. For bus sector, Yutong delivered 46,688 buses and coaches in 2011, up 13.41 percent than the previous year.

At present, Yutong has established a complete 6m-25m product lineup consisting of ordinary, medium-level and high-level products, covering various segment markets including highway passenger transit, tourism, public transport and so on, thus making its name as the synonym of luxury high-end buses.

Up to now, Yutong buses have been exported to many countries and regions, like Cuba, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Hongkong and so on. Yutong has got WVTA certificate of EU for whole vehicles and begun to enter the European market. With the overseas development idea of Focus on Brand, Technology and After-sale Service, each bus model delivered to overseas market has gone through several rounds of adaptive tests and improvement thus not only ensuring the reliability of products but also fulfilling the individual requirements of local markets.

In order to maintain the competitiveness of our products, the annual R&D investment accounts for over 3 percent of the Group’s yearly turnover. In 2008, the only scientific research institute around world, which specially focuses on experimental study of buses, was set up, providing accurate test data for the research and development of buses thus effectively ensuring the quality stability of products.

The electrocoating line of bus body fully adopted German technology was put into use in 2009, which has been remarkably enhancing the anti-corrosion capability of buses. While improving the quality of its products, Yutong Group also attaches great importance to the after-sale service and service staff are available in all markets, to which Yutong buses have been delivered, thus ensuring the bus operation in local areas.

In 2009, the China Brand Research Institute officially announced 100 brands of National Business Cards, Yutong was the only bus builder among the list. In 2010, Yutong was awarded “Pride of China” in the 2010 Chinese Brand Release of the Year, and was the only one in China’s bus industry. In addition, it won Coach Builder of the Year awarded by BAAV in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2010. Tang Yuxiang, president of Yutong Group, was granted Busbuilder of the Year Worldwide 2012 at the Busworld Kortrijk 2011.

Yutong has grown into an emerging industrial group mainly specialized in large and medium-sized buses. “Client-oriented, employee-oriented” is the core of Yutong’s corporation culture According to the connotation of this concept, Yutong’s culture consists of creating values for clients, benefiting the society, enriching the employees and remunerating the shareholders.

Yutong also actively shoulder its social responsibility while maintain its rapid development. From the year of 1993 to 2011, Yutong has provided aids to about 30,000 people, including poor students, lonely elderly, needy families, disaster-hit people, vulnerable groups, courageous hero and so on.

Today, Yutong is creating value for its customers all over the world by constantly elevating its products and services. We are dedicated to developing business with you and becoming your strong and trusted business partner.

Zhengzhou Yutong buses are in service in 27 countries/regions, including:

Aruba as tour buses
Chile as the official bus of the Chilean National Football team.
Colombia as a long travelling buses and long distance transport.
Cuba as long distance transport and public transport
Czech Republic
Ecuador as long distance transport and public transport
Egypt as tour buses
Ghana as long distance transport and public transport
Hong Kong SAR as tour buses
Iran
Jamaica
Kazakhstan
Kuwait as public transport
Mauritius as transport for the Mauritian police (from 2012)
Macedonia 'Retro' double-deckers for public transport in Skopje (from 2011)
People's Republic of China
Philippines
Russia
Singapore
Sudan as public transport
Trinidad and Tobago as public transport
Uganda as public transport in the capital Kampala
Uruguay as public transport

When I was in China in July 2012, I used to travel by these 100% made chinese buses, they are very comfortable, nothing to do with the Ashok Leyland buses. In the basic model, the seat is similar to the economy class of an Airbus 340 or a Boeing 777 aircraft seat. All the seats are ajustable in a sleeping position and you can even adjust it on your right if ever you are too closed to your neighbour at your left. You can also put your bags at the top just like in a plane. There are also provisions for handling your plastic bags after shopping. There are also bottle and cup holders. There are seat belts for all seats.

Dubai also has imported the Chinese bus as I have travelled in these buses when I was in Dubai and even the UK has imported the double cab model and the double cab tourist model without the roof. These buses are very aesthetic, comfortable and safe.

I forget the name of the buses but they are very popular in China and Dubai.

It looks like GoSL has given little brake to Lanka Ashok Leyland. Except 1 model all other models are ugly.

In my personal opinion, aesthetic sense is secondary in public transport.Comfort for passengers and economical for the operator should come first.

When I was in China in July 2012, I used to travel by these 100% made chinese buses, they are very comfortable, nothing to do with the Ashok Leyland buses. In the basic model, the seat is similar to the economy class of an Airbus 340 or a Boeing 777 aircraft seat. All the seats are ajustable in a sleeping position and you can even adjust it on your right if ever you are too closed to your neighbour at your left. You can also put your bags at the top just like in a plane. There are also provisions for handling your plastic bags after shopping. There are also bottle and cup holders. There are seat belts for all seats.

Dubai also has imported the Chinese bus as I have travelled in these buses when I was in Dubai and even the UK has imported the double cab model and the double cab tourist model without the roof. These buses are very aesthetic, comfortable and safe.

I forget the name of the buses but they are very popular in China and Dubai.

What you are explaining is luxury long route buses..nothing to with local transport buses.

Back
Top Bottom