What's new

Sri Lanka to get Chinese jets

Max The Boss

Reaction score

Sri Lanka, Colombo - The influx of hardware begins with China, which is trying to increase its influence in the South Asia. Beijing’s decision to provide Sri Lanka with 12 F7G fighter jets.
(Earlier 6 F7G jets Delivered)

Sri Lanka says it needs more hardware to ensure control of its Northern Province.
The United States and Europe have long had an ambivalent attitude toward Sri Lanka’s 326,000 member defense force – ensure control of its Northern Province, Sri Lanka.
Either way, China's military grant to Sri Lanka triggered an immediate reaction, with New Delhi promising Colombo a few days later to deliver Military Assistance.
China has committed $400 million in military assistance to Sri Lanka since 2006. Most has gone to logistics, communications, equipment, vessels, crafts, vehicles, training, jets, tanks, radars and other assistance.
For years, Sri Lanka Defense Force seen as an internal security force. The Sri Lanka Defense Force was rebuilt after 2006 rapidly now Sri Lanka Defense Force seen as a strategic military force in South Asia.
Sri Lanka Air force – 30 fighter jets, 14 Attack helicopters and several Reconnaissance and Maritime Patrol Aircraft’s, Transport Aircraft ‘s, Support and Transport Helicopters. An effective air defense system Launched in 2009.
Sri Lanka Navy – 60 combat, support ships and inshore patrol crafts. (Offshore Patrol Vessels, Fast Attack Vessels, Patrol Vessels, Fast Attack Crafts, Littoral Attack Crafts, Inshore Patrol Crafts, Amphibious Warfare Vessels, Auxiliary Vessels, Gabriel - Anti-ship missile’s, Typhoon - Naval Optioned Stabilized Weapon Platforms)
Sri Lanka Army - comprises 13 operational divisions, one air-mobile brigade, one commando brigade, one special forces brigade, one independent armored brigade, three mechanized infantry brigades.
Sri Lanka Defense Force has now Total - 326,000 Troops. It will be increased to 400,000.
But a South Asia analyst says regional military balance, which remains heavily in India's favor.
"The acquisition of total 12 jets has more morale impact than material impact in the field," said South Asian Analyst Amin Hteit.
The China offer’s gives Beijing an opportunity to play a role in the South Asia.
Many Sri Lankan’s see the move as a sign of international commitment to their government as it seeks to control the North Province.
"China wants to be on the South Asia. It seeks to play a role, but it also wants to stress Sri Lanka’s sovereignty and Territorial Integrity" Charles, South Asian Analyst of Sri Lanka's newspaper said in an interview.

Max The Boss congrats glad to hear that..are you guys going to get more attack helicopters or not? I don't know i feel you guys should get Iranian copy of Cobras. Would love to see them in Sri Lankan Army do you guys have any military contacts with Iran?

Good news for Sri Lanka. I hope Sri Lanka and China friendship also prospers like Pakistan and China friendship have prospered throughout the years.

We Pakistanis support you and we are happy for you.

Long Live Pakistan-Sri Lanka-China Friendship.

To Luftwaffe
From MAX The Boss

For now Sri Lanka and Iran cooperating in the area of military training, exercises.
I hope in the future military ties between both countries will improve.

Sri Lanka interested in MI 35 attack helicopters made by Russia.
Sri Lanka operates MI 35 attack helicopters.
In the future Sri Lanka will increase attack helicopters.

Link. It hasnt been reported in any Indian newspaper. That is not possible.

China and Pakistan will continue to Support Srilanka in her Battle to Root out Tamil Tiger Terrorists and Help Srilanka to Build Her Strong Defences so that no Country Dictates her terms to Srilanka through her huge Influence.

If Srilanka is getting 12 F7G fighter jets from China then its a very good news and Believe me Brother its a Poor Man's F-16 and Even Bangladesh has these jets but they are BVR capable as well.

To malaymishara123
From Max The Boss

If you think a news item that Indian media reports it’s true
And if any news item Indian media did not reports it’s not true
Please don’t be a foolish person.
I invite you to Sri Lanka to see Growing Sri Lanka China Friendship.

China’s Projects in Sri Lanka
Project Name - Hambantota Development Zone.
Developing an International Container port, a bunkering system, an oil refinery, an International Airport and other facilities. It is expected to cost about US$1 billion and the China are said to be financing more than 85% of the project.

Construction on the first phase of the project is begun and is due to be completed in three years. The entire project is scheduled to be completed in the next 10 years.

China also constructing two power plants and a Highway road project.
China ready help to develop our country.

Sri Lanka China Defense Corporation kept silent because
Of the political strategy of South Asia.
I think you will understand.

Sri Lanka a strategic country lies with presence midway in the
Indian Ocean. The Indian Ocean is a critical waterway for global trade and commerce. Half the world's containerized freight, a third of its bulk cargo and two-thirds of its oil shipments travels through the Indian Ocean. It provides major sea routes connecting Africa, the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia with Europe and chokepoints such as the Strait of Hormuz and the Strait of Malacca.

China’s other projects in the South Asia
China has been developing are Deep sea port and a Special
Economic zone at Gwadar, Pakistan. Developing naval facilities in
Bangladesh, developing a container port facility at Myanmar.

Sri Lanka, Colombo - The influx of hardware begins with China, which is trying to increase its influence in the South Asia. Beijing’s decision to provide Sri Lanka with 12 F7G fighter jets.
(Earlier 6 F7G jets Delivered)

Sri Lanka says it needs more hardware to ensure control of its Northern Province.
The United States and Europe have long had an ambivalent attitude toward Sri Lanka’s 326,000 member defense force – ensure control of its Northern Province, Sri Lanka.
Either way, China's military grant to Sri Lanka triggered an immediate reaction, with New Delhi promising Colombo a few days later to deliver Military Assistance.
China has committed $400 million in military assistance to Sri Lanka since 2006. Most has gone to logistics, communications, equipment, vessels, crafts, vehicles, training, jets, tanks, radars and other assistance.
For years, Sri Lanka Defense Force seen as an internal security force. The Sri Lanka Defense Force was rebuilt after 2006 rapidly now Sri Lanka Defense Force seen as a strategic military force in South Asia.
Sri Lanka Air force – 30 fighter jets, 14 Attack helicopters and several Reconnaissance and Maritime Patrol Aircraft’s, Transport Aircraft ‘s, Support and Transport Helicopters. An effective air defense system Launched in 2009.
Sri Lanka Navy – 60 combat, support ships and inshore patrol crafts. (Offshore Patrol Vessels, Fast Attack Vessels, Patrol Vessels, Fast Attack Crafts, Littoral Attack Crafts, Inshore Patrol Crafts, Amphibious Warfare Vessels, Auxiliary Vessels, Gabriel - Anti-ship missile’s, Typhoon - Naval Optioned Stabilized Weapon Platforms)
Sri Lanka Army - comprises 13 operational divisions, one air-mobile brigade, one commando brigade, one special forces brigade, one independent armored brigade, three mechanized infantry brigades.
Sri Lanka Defense Force has now Total - 326,000 Troops. It will be increased to 400,000.
But a South Asia analyst says regional military balance, which remains heavily in India's favor.
"The acquisition of total 12 jets has more morale impact than material impact in the field," said South Asian Analyst Amin Hteit.
The China offer’s gives Beijing an opportunity to play a role in the South Asia.
Many Sri Lankan’s see the move as a sign of international commitment to their government as it seeks to control the North Province.
"China wants to be on the South Asia. It seeks to play a role, but it also wants to stress Sri Lanka’s sovereignty and Territorial Integrity" Charles, South Asian Analyst of Sri Lanka's newspaper said in an interview.

Sri Lanka’s 326,000 member defense force - is this army or it includes navy and airforce personnel? - seems very high for a small country!

SRI LANKA - ARMY

Strength:120,000 regulars and full-time reservists (numbers fluctuate as reservists join and leave)

Infantry:
Division HQ x 12
Armoured Brigade x 1
Air Mobile Brigade x 1
Infantry Brigade x 34 (this figure is subject to variation)
SF Brigade x 1
Commando Brigade x 1

Artillery:
Field Artillery Regiment x 9 (7 regular, 2 reservists)
Rocket Regiment x 1 (MBRL)
CB Regiment x 1
Locating Regiment x 1

Support:
Signal Regiment x 6
Engineer Regiment x 4
Logistics Command Area x 3

Sri Lanka’s 326,000 member defense force - is this army or it includes navy and airforce personnel? - seems very high for a small country!

SRI LANKA - ARMY

Strength:120,000 regulars and full-time reservists (numbers fluctuate as reservists join and leave)

Infantry:
Division HQ x 12
Armoured Brigade x 1
Air Mobile Brigade x 1
Infantry Brigade x 34 (this figure is subject to variation)
SF Brigade x 1
Commando Brigade x 1

Artillery:
Field Artillery Regiment x 9 (7 regular, 2 reservists)
Rocket Regiment x 1 (MBRL)
CB Regiment x 1
Locating Regiment x 1

Support:
Signal Regiment x 6
Engineer Regiment x 4
Logistics Command Area x 3

Probably if you include everything from paramilitary to the police.. technically they are all armed? Just my speculation

To malaymishara123
From Max The Boss

I dont deny at any point about the growing Lanka China friendship. But a matter as important as of Sri-Lanka buying Chinese planes would definitely have generated a lot of news in India. That is my logic. You are free to disagree my friend. I am not undermining the Lankan-Chinese relationship, just questioning the authenticity of this news report, as it is not corroborated.

To malaymishara123
From Max The Boss

China’s Projects in Sri Lanka
Project Name - Hambantota Development Zone.
Developing an International Container port, a bunkering system, an oil refinery, an International Airport and other facilities. It is expected to cost about US$1 billion and the China are said to be financing more than 85% of the project.

Construction on the first phase of the project is begun and is due to be completed in three years. The entire project is scheduled to be completed in the next 10 years.

China also constructing two power plants and a Highway road project.
China ready help to develop our country.

Sri Lanka China Defense Corporation kept silent because
Of the political strategy of South Asia.
I think you will understand.

Sri Lanka a strategic country lies with presence midway in the
Indian Ocean. The Indian Ocean is a critical waterway for global trade and commerce. Half the world's containerized freight, a third of its bulk cargo and two-thirds of its oil shipments travels through the Indian Ocean. It provides major sea routes connecting Africa, the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia with Europe and chokepoints such as the Strait of Hormuz and the Strait of Malacca.

China’s other projects in the South Asia
China has been developing are Deep sea port and a Special
Economic zone at Gwadar, Pakistan. Developing naval facilities in
Bangladesh, developing a container port facility at Myanmar.

Very well said my friend. :yahoo:

To all friends
From Max The Boss

Sri Lanka Defense Force

Sri Lanka Army
Sri Lanka Navy
Sri Lanka Air force
Special Task Force
Commando Units
Civil Defense force
Total 326,000 member defense force.
It will be increased to 400,000.
Sri Lanka modernized and expanded
The defense force.
Sri Lanka a small country but Sri Lanka
Need a strong defense force to protect
Sri Lanka’s sovereignty and Territorial Integrity.

I believe China and Pakistan can play a vital role in building a small highly efficient modern Sri Lankan Armed Force by providing assistance in all fields and that might be technical to weapons etc and that too once Indian supported terrorists are dead once and for all. With terrorists gone Sri Lanka can totally focus on their economy.

To all friends
From Max The Boss

Sri Lanka Defense Force

Sri Lanka Army
Sri Lanka Navy
Sri Lanka Air force
Special Task Force
Commando Units
Civil Defense force
Total 326,000 member defense force.
It will be increased to 400,000.
Sri Lanka modernized and expanded
The defense force.
Sri Lanka a small country but Sri Lanka
Need a strong defense force to protect
Sri Lanka’s sovereignty and Territorial Integrity.

i still dont believe this figure - with due respect! 400,000 regular armed forces is as large as pakistan's 500,000 troops for a country of 160m people. what is SL's population??

Sri Lanka Defense Force in 2009

Sri Lanka Army – 180,000
Sri Lanka Navy – 40,000
Sri Lanka Air force – 32,000
Special Task Force – 22,000
Commando Units – 12,000
Civil Defense Force – 40,000
Total – 326,000.
It will be increase to 400,000.

China & Pakistan & Other Friendly
Countries helped us to modernized
And expand our defense force.