What's new

Sri Lanka snubs India, opens port to Chinese submarine again

All India has to do is recognize it invaded China in 1962, apologize to the world and its people for lying for decades, and then give up Tawang after recognizing that the McMahon line is discredited and illegal. Then set Ladakh, Sikkim and most of "Northeast India" free. After that there'd be no reason for India to fear China's navy at all.

Then let the SL govt. have the balls to say it out loud and clear so there is no more confusion left :coffee:

Until they do that, the accord still stands and SL will be be held accountable to every letter of that accord.

Till then, SL will appear to be the dishonourable nation that does not value its own words, let along the lives of its Tamil citizens.

There is nothing to say out loud. Even Indian policy makers knows this. It is only people like you are ignorant on the subject matter. That accord has no legal status therefore SL is not bound to it anyway.

Nonsense. LTTE was declared a Terrorist organization based on that accord. Indo-SL free trade agreement exist under that accord :lol:

That accord is the cornerstone of Indo-SL relationship. That accord is valid until SL makes a public withdrawal from it. Till then SL is bound to act as it has promised to under than agreement and India is bound to act as it has promised to under it.

Are you on pot? :omghaha:

On the topic,

Both india and china are important for us. But when facing western propaganda and pressure china is a lot important, india's ability to support us is limited. In such a case SL is not in position to choose india over china

I will partly agree with you. China does have a certain leverage that we don't and that takes them to places where we won't be able to even with our full effort right now. It will take time.

You as a free country have a right to choose whose help you can take.

All we Indians ask is that if you are true to the non-aligned policy then simply stay neutral in any spats that we and they have or any other two countries have.

In Geo-Politics, what additional leverage does China have that India does not have ?

India single handedly prevented the UN war crimes tribunal from investigating SL. If they had investigated, name of SL would have been mud. Like Cambodia.

View attachment 146641

War crimes: New UN probe puts pressure on Sri Lanka - The Times of India

China has political heft with influence on economies plus as much as it is increasingly irrelevant in the near future, the UNSC permanent membership.

Chinese are smart people. They give some rosy dialogues, invest money and then do nothing in standing up in international summits.

While we do all the support and still there is no respect for Indian diplomatic efforts.

All India has to do is recognize it invaded China in 1962, apologize to the world and its people for lying for decades, and then give up Tawang after recognizing that the McMahon line is discredited and illegal. Then set Ladakh, Sikkim and most of "Northeast India" free. After that there'd be no reason for India to fear China's navy at all.

All you have to do is try to make it across to the mainland without getting your tiny island sunk in a conflict with the PLA. And then maybe you could dream of ruling the mainland.

In Geo-Politics, what additional leverage does China have that India does not have ?

India single handedly prevented the UN war crimes tribunal from investigating SL. If they had investigated, name of SL would have been mud. Like Cambodia.

View attachment 146641

War crimes: New UN probe puts pressure on Sri Lanka - The Times of India

Why dont you stick to the subject discussed without stirring shit that has nothing to do with it.. Or is it that you just cant help it, Considering your ilk.. May i remind you everybody else can also post pics and irrelevant links.. There is more than enough crap from where that came from

I will partly agree with you. China does have a certain leverage that we don't and that takes them to places where we won't be able to even with our full effort right now. It will take time.

You as a free country have a right to choose whose help you can take.

All we Indians ask is that if you are true to the non-aligned policy then simply stay neutral in any spats that we and they have or any other two countries have.

Can you elaborate which spats that Sri Lanka have got involved with ? Since other Lankan posters have clarified about this whole fuss some people are making over Pakistani civilian and cargo air craft given permission to use Lankan air space in 1971

Can you elaborate which spats that Sri Lanka have got involved with ? Since other Lankan posters have clarified about this whole fuss some people are making over Pakistani civilian and cargo air craft given permission to use Lankan air space in 1971

I am referring to the future dude, not now.

I expect compensation for canceling our air-permission ! :mad:

Maybe having the next Sri Lanka - Pakistan cricket series 'fixed' in favor of Pakistan may do the trick ! :whistle:

I am referring to the future dude, not now.

Those are just assumptions mate.. Do you think those who matter at the helm of foreign affairs and defense in the GOI does'nt know ground realities that some self proclaimed analysts in Indian media or those few delusional highly insecure petty posters here on PDF know about.. Global diplomacy does not work that way.. National actions or reactions does not depend on some irrelevent keyboard warriors.. This is not the 1980's height of the cold war.. This is a highly globalized 2014.. When are are more at stake than to make one upmanship among nations.. No country would antagonize another big or small unless they're willing to loose much along the way

I expect compensation for canceling our air-permission ! :mad:

Maybe having the next Sri Lanka - Pakistan cricket series 'fixed' in favor of Pakistan may do the trick ! :whistle:

:enjoy:

India has been directly sponsoring terrorism in Sri Lanka and it's time they keep them in check by having alliance with China including giving them base for espionage activities in the region ...

China has political heft with influence on economies plus as much as it is increasingly irrelevant in the near future, the UNSC permanent membership.

Chinese are smart people. They give some rosy dialogues, invest money and then do nothing in standing up in international summits.

While we do all the support and still there is no respect for Indian diplomatic efforts.

UNSC permanent membership mean precious little except when you want to veto something. Such occurrences are rare and veto itself mean little since UN has degenerate into a toothless body.

US and its allies control the golbal economy. Which is why even the Chinese foreign reserves are in USD. It is so because china has no choice. I am yet to hear a happy story that comes with Chinese investments. Maybe the global media does not cover it, but that is how it is.

We get no respect because we are a soft state who keeps quite for a long time and then acts in a ham handed fashion. Our foreign office is far to small for the work it does or the work it is supposed to do.

Why dont you stick to the subject discussed without stirring shit that has nothing to do with it.. Or is it that you just cant help it, Considering your ilk.. May i remind you everybody else can also post pics and irrelevant links.. There is more than enough crap from where that came from

That post was not for you, but is is very relevant to the topic. Just because you find it inconvenient it does not magically go away.

Last edited:
All you have to do is try to make it across to the mainland without getting your tiny island sunk in a conflict with the PLA. And then maybe you could dream of ruling the mainland.

A tiny island with more wealth than all of India combined. Not to mention, China is never going to destroy what it considers its own property.

I don't see the big deal, Korea, Russia, USA, India all bring navel ships through there. They are a sovereign country and can make their own decisions

Vietnam, Phillippines and China are not at war either. That doesn't mean they aren't opponents

MY country is the NETHERLANDS, in EUROPE.
what makes you think SL case is same as what you mentioned.

[

Unlike Sri Lanka and India, there has been no comflict between Singapore or Thailand and China. THere was no civil war in Singapore, Thailand. THere was no Chinese intervention in Singapore, Thailand.
You said you are from netherland so can understand your ignorance.
SL and india has not been in conflict.

what makes you think SL case is same as what you mentioned.

You said you are from netherland so can understand your ignorance.
SL and india has not been in conflict.
Just because I'm Dutch don't mean I don't read. A different viewpoint from yours does not mean ignorance .... you're full of it. I've not said India and SL have been in conflict. In effect, whether or not they have been is irrelevant. Strategic interests are.

Back
Top Bottom