What's new

Sri Lanka snubs India, opens port to Chinese submarine again

refer comment 321
The relationship between Sri Lanka and India became tense under the government of J. R. Jayawardene. As a result, India intervened in the Sri Lankan Civil War and subsequently deployed an Indian Peace Keeping Force in 1987

Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian intervention in the Sri Lankan Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THere was no civil war in Singapore, Thailand. THere was no Chinese intervention in Singapore, Thailand.

The relationship between Sri Lanka and India became tense under the government of J. R. Jayawardene. As a result, India intervened in the Sri Lankan Civil War and subsequently deployed an Indian Peace Keeping Force in 1987

Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian intervention in the Sri Lankan Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THere was no civil war in Singapore, Thailand. THere was no Chinese intervention in Singapore, Thailand.
So now you accept you said that which you have been denying all the time :)

SL and Ind have had uneasy periods. The IPKF came to SL at the request of JR, SL president. I know you didnt know these things from the beginning. And they end up fighting for SL state :)

So now you accept you said that which you have been denying all the time :)

SL and Ind have had uneasy periods. The IPKF came to SL at the request of JR, SL president. I know you didnt know these things from the beginning. And they end up fighting for SL state :)

Uhm, no, not at all (kind of warped reasoning to come to that conclusion!). Rather the contrary

The whole thing I was referring to from the start was the Indian internal involvement / intervention in Sri Lanka.
Just because the may have been a formal request at some point doesn't mean e.g. there was any real choice, or that India wasn't involved prior to that request.

So, before you start claiming to know what I did or didn't know at that particular post number (which you in reality cannot possibly assess!), please consider the possibility that you misconstrue my posts i.e. that it is your interpretation.

Number one being both a non indian and non SLn i guess you are not that knowledgable in SL issue though you like to pretend to do so.
I don't pretend anything.

Meanwhile, your point seems to be that if you are Indian and/or Sri Lankan you automatically know more than anybody else can, or automatically others know less?

Or, by virtue of being Indian or SL, you know more than I do? Let me give you some news here: I'm not in competition with you in terms of who is more knowledgeable. I do have my understandings and you have yours. YOU are making this a competition.

I have no issue with that. And you said or suggested in a previous post that SL and India had been at conflicting ends, what i said was no it wasn't really. May be you had tried to mean something else, but the conversation with u is quite boring i dont want to go back and read what you and i said.
If it is so boring why don't you move on, why do you seek me out? You choose to reply after a very long time to a post I made a long time ago i.e. you seek to reactivate the discussion. You don't have to do that (but you chose to)

No there was a choice at SL hand and the then president invited them considering domestic political situation. And SL and Ind had evolved with time a lot and the late 80s' not so friendly relationship doesnt really exist anymore. Much like US and Ind in 80s and now. i dont know what you mention in me not assessing, well if i did not you would not be giving examples to how SL and Ind were in conflict in 80s.
We were comparing SL v India with Singapore and Thailand v China. Neither of the latter saw intervention by CHina. That makes those situations different.

Stick to content, avoid the personal remarks. That would be my suggestion to you.

Uhm, no, not at all (kind of warped reasoning to come to that conclusion!). Rather the contrary

The whole thing I was referring to from the start was the Indian internal involvement / intervention in Sri Lanka.
Just because the may have been a formal request at some point doesn't mean e.g. there was any real choice, or that India wasn't involved prior to that request.

So, before you start claiming to know what I did or didn't know at that particular post number (which you in reality cannot possibly assess!), please consider the possibility that you misconstrue my posts i.e. that it is your interpretation.

The point is lot of tamils from indian state of tamil nadu are settled in sri lanka and propped up LTTE.
India did lot of mistakes like sending IPKF under political comulsions,,,it cannot be helped.

Dear posters, the off-topic posts in this thread are at epidemic levels. Any more, will mean far more severe consquences This time round I just deleted posts.

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom