What's new

Sri Lanka’s SOS to Pakistan for urgent arms supplies

drugs, human trafficking, tamil sympathisers all over the world, smuggling etc..

Any agreements between the GoI and GoSL to patrol the coasts more effectively? How about an extension in the anti-terror coalition patrolling in the Arabian Sea to include this area as well?

Given the proximity of India, are most of the LTTE supplies smuggled in from the Indian coast?

Any agreements between the GoI and GoSL to patrol the coasts more effectively? How about an extension in the anti-terror coalition patrolling in the Arabian Sea to include this area as well?

As per news reports there is an increase in patrolling and fisherman have been warned from operating in territorial waters of SL. Also there are reports of sporadic arrests of drug traffickers and fisherman but I wouldn't be surprised if LTTE and Tamil Sympathisers have found a way around all the increased patrolling (one more point LTTE never attacks Indian Navy/CG its only the SL Navy that they usually attack)

Given the proximity of India, are most of the LTTE supplies smuggled in from the Indian coast?

I believe part of the drugs and humanitarian supplies of LTTE are from India..

IT, was evry right of SRI LANKAN govt. to buy what ever they want to buy for the safty of thier people ! and also from where they want to buy(country).

as far as PAKISTANI ARMS EXPORTS were concerned, PAKISTAN has been emerged as a new hope and a source of security for the weak and poor nations like BANGLADESH AND SRILANKA and mainly because of INDIAs illogical kind of national intersts, which INDIA keep hidden from the world.

WHAT ARE INDIAN NATIONAL INTERSTS in the region??? actully what india wants ???

dominnce on the weeker nations, a NEPAL like conditions to all its nieghbring countries including pakistan, but now all this theories become unthinkable.

WHAT AUTHORITY DO THESE INDIANS HAVE OVER OTHER COUNTRYS?? As long as Sri lanka is buying these weapons for national security the have every single rights of it...

ohh btw pakistan defence export is now over 350 $million..

I completely agree. India has no right to quesiton Sri Lanka over weapons purchsed from Pakistan or China.
The Indians themselves drop supplies to the Tigers. Why should Sri Lankans listen to them?

Never heard of it.. but I have heard of LTTE terrorists killing Rajiv Gandhi..

what?? unlike some, I prefer not to let hatred or hypocrisy blind my vision..

So if LTTE killed Rajiv Gandhi, either India should support Sri Lanka taking weapons from Pakistan or supplies those weapons instead.

IT, was evry right of SRI LANKAN govt. to buy what ever they want to buy for the safty of thier people ! and also from where they want to buy(country).

India has every right to question dealings of Sri Lanka a vital ally in buying equipment from its "enemy" esp since India and SL are united in fighting LTTE and India is one of the largest defence partner of SL.

as far as PAKISTANI ARMS EXPORTS were concerned, PAKISTAN has been emerged as a new hope and a source of security for the weak and poor nations like BANGLADESH AND SRILANKA and mainly because of INDIAs illogical kind of national intersts, which INDIA keep hidden from the world.

Illogical?? and hidden??

WHAT ARE INDIAN NATIONAL INTERSTS in the region??? actully what india wants ???

a prosperous and stable SL where all are treated equally and there is no terror support from India/Indians to SL and vice versa

dominnce on the weeker nations, a NEPAL like conditions to all its nieghbring countries including pakistan, but now all this theories become unthinkable.

Nepal is not a colony of India, but both have close relations!! Chinese soldiers are deployed in Nepal as we speak and Commies are very powerful in Nepal!!

Brilliant!

If India keeps it hidden from the world, how do you know of it?

Note: from the world.

Are you Superman from Krypton and not from this world? ;)

batmannow, the relationship between India and Nepal is similar to that between USA and Canada.

Open borders and open smuggling. Lol.

I dont think they receive, a majority of supplies from India. Ltte has a large and a wide network for smuggling goods from all over the world.

That said Items like food(rice especially), ball bearings, batterys torches, wires, some even speculate that they receive rpg stell casings from India smuggled by ishermen living near Rameshwaram cost. most of them smuggle not because of sympathy but it is a very lucrative market.

However I highly speculate that drugs are from India, because south India does not cultivate cocaine and the drug culture down south is very miniscule.

India has one of the largest and the most high tech navy in the world and yet they cant even track down arms smuggling in coastal areas of south india going to sri lanka!
arms smuggling right under indian super navy's nose!!

It is the cost guard that monitors the water in that part.

Normally you dont employ high tech warships to catch some smuggling fishermen

It is Srilankas navys job to monitor and safeguard their shores , not ours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom