What's new

Sri Lanka PM visits China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka PM visits China

Sri Lankan Prime Minister D.M. Jayaratne was to leave for China today to participate in the 15th China International Fair for Investment and Trade which will be held in Xiamen in Siming District from September 7 -11. It is the China’s mega investment promotion event facilitating bilateral investment.

Participants will include delegations from over 140 countries. Major investors are also expected to participate in this four day fair which is co-sponsored by various institutions including the World Bank and International Monetary Fu

The inaugural address of the fair is to be made by Prime Minister D.M. Jayaratne.

Sri Lanka News | Online edition of Daily News - Lakehouse Newspapers

More Chinese Investment Welcome........

:smitten:

What's the development of Hambanthota port? does it reach final phase of construction yet..it's been a while I didn't fallow the new. I believe Sri Lanka has a great important place in India Ocean...China certainly don't want to miss an investment opportunity.

What's the development of Hambanthota port? does it reach final phase of construction yet..it's been a while I didn't fallow the new. I believe Sri Lanka has a great important place in India Ocean...China certainly don't want to miss an investment opportunity.

The second phase of the Port of Hambantota project, which will include a container terminal, is expected to be completed by 2014. The second stage of the port is estimated to cost around US$ 750 million. The third phase will include a dockyard. Upon completion, the port will cover 4,000 acres (16 km2) of land and accommodate 33 vessels at any given time, making it the largest port in South Asia.

The second phase of the Port of Hambantota project, which will include a container terminal, is expected to be completed by 2014. The second stage of the port is estimated to cost around US$ 750 million. The third phase will include a dockyard. Upon completion, the port will cover 4,000 acres (16 km2) of land and accommodate 33 vessels at any given time, making it the largest port in South Asia.

Wow..that's amazing...I hope China continue to invest in Sri Lanka...my best wish for Sri Lanka economy sucess.

Back
Top Bottom