What's new

Sri Lanka offers war advice to India, To Defeat Naxals

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Sri Lanka has offered India its expertise in defeating the LTTE to help fight the Naxals. Sri Lanka has said its armed forces could train Indian paramilitary personnel to successfully fight the Naxals. The offer was recently conveyed by Lankan High Commissioner Prasad Kariyavasam to National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon.

Sources told Headlines Today that the assistance was offered only for the areas where Naxals have made their presence felt and covered all aspects of training. It is not clear how the Indian government responded to the offer.

The Sri Lankan army's expertise in small-team operations paid off during its war against the LTTE. The use of UAV imagery by the air force also helped. After their victory against the LTTE last year, the Lankan forces are probably the most combat hardened in the world in fighting large-sized guerilla outfits like the Naxalites.

Lanka offers war advice

They need to release General Fonseka if they are serious about offering training to the Indian army. The arm chair cardboard heros cant do that.

Sri Lanka has offered India its expertise in defeating the LTTE to help fight the Naxals. Sri Lanka has said its armed forces could train Indian paramilitary personnel to successfully fight the Naxals. The offer was recently conveyed by Lankan High Commissioner Prasad Kariyavasam to National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon.

Sources told Headlines Today that the assistance was offered only for the areas where Naxals have made their presence felt and covered all aspects of training. It is not clear how the Indian government responded to the offer.

The Sri Lankan army's expertise in small-team operations paid off during its war against the LTTE. The use of UAV imagery by the air force also helped. After their victory against the LTTE last year, the Lankan forces are probably the most combat hardened in the world in fighting large-sized guerilla outfits like the Naxalites.

Lanka offers war advice
I say take it any help is welcome.
Train the cops who are facing similar threat in similar terrain(highly forested)
[

Last edited:
They need to release General Fonseka if they are serious about offering training to the Indian army. The arm chair cardboard heros cant do that.
where does fonseka come in this discussion
pleez don't troll
By the way they will be train the cops(CRPF) and not our military

where does fonseka come in this discussion
pleez don't troll
By the way they will be train the cops(CRPF) and not our military

never heard of gen Fonseka..whatz srilankan military without his services during the war with LTTE ?

Thats a good sign...tips from Sri lankan forces will be helpfull as the kind of war we are fighting in the naxal area gives the advantage to them in terms of local intel,and familiarisation with the terrain..

never heard of gen Fonseka..whatz srilankan military without his services during the war with LTTE ?
I know who general Fonseka is.
He is not going to train our cops, the commandos who lead the assault against the LTTE would be training our cops.
Sri Lanka arresting or removing Fonseka as military head is Sri Lanka's Internal matter why we (you me and rest of the non Sri Lankans) make a fuss about it

Lanka offers war advice

Our Indian army is capable enough to train the CRPF to fight the naxals .And i dont accept the fact that Sri-lankan forces are most combat hardened forces in the world u are able to win the war because u received help from 3 countries china,paksitan,india and ur opposition leader said in an interview that Indian army has played a decsive role in defeating LTTE and indian navy helped u in destroying the Floating LTTE warehouse for arms .So i think getting help from srilanka is rubbish

Our Indian army is capable enough to train the CRPF to fight the naxals .And i dont accept the fact that Sri-lankan forces are most combat hardened forces in the world u are able to win the war because u received help from 3 countries china,paksitan,india and ur opposition leader said in an interview that Indian army has played a decsive role in defeating LTTE and indian navy helped u in destroying the Floating LTTE warehouse for arms .So i think getting help from srilanka is rubbish
Of-course Indian army can train the CRPF the Sri Lankan Army's experiance in dealing with the LTTE could be use full in dealing with the naxals

guys, while getting help from sri lankan forces would be great, the main thing we need is willpower. if you remember, Sri Lanka only won the war after Rajapakse declared that they will defeat the Tigers 'at any cost'. we need that type of a mindset. otherwise we will not win, even if all our soldiers were equipped with 'Ironman' suits.

So before we get help from the Lankans, we should make the resolve that we will eradicate the naxals, no matter what. Otherwise we will just be wasting the Sri Lankan amry's time.

Instead of placing ourselves on a pedestal well intended help should be taken.

Before this the politicians need to decide if they want to draw mileage from the prob or go whole hog to solve it.

there's no harm in getting help, they are experienced with the terrain and guerrilla warfare, yes training by the army will yield the same result. But don't think babus are too interested in training of crpfs.

if ever war started i mean military operationa against them

then i am sure this war will turn into civil war and will be very bad for india..
me frm waziristan
In 2006 the pushtoon people who are now turned terrorist were saying that we will fight forpakistan against india if war ever happened

and now they dnt because of the oepraion because of usa

so if ever war happen in india against them then this will become even worse

Back
Top Bottom