What's new

Sri Lanka offers war advice to India, To Defeat Naxals

srilanka has more than a decade long experience with jungle warfare. they know how to deal with it.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

if ever war started i mean military operationa against them

then i am sure this war will turn into civil war and will be very bad for india..
me frm waziristan
In 2006 the pushtoon people who are now turned terrorist were saying that we will fight forpakistan against india if war ever happened

and now they dnt because of the oepraion because of usa

so if ever war happen in india against them then this will become even worse

Do you know any other suggestions that can be of help????:what::what::what:

Yup.. get any help we can..!!! Its all good..!! We should not be holding on to any false egos..!!! ;)

never heard of gen Fonseka..whatz srilankan military without his services during the war with LTTE ?

Thanks but no thanks...
with no offence to SriLanks...wat special tactics tehy used in the war against LTTE..?

NOTHING.

plain carpet bombing of Jaffna,Kilinochi,Mullaitivu which were Tamil Dominated regions and shooting at sight whoever was not Sinhalese.

If IA and IAF were to follow this there would be no naxals on the face of earth in 3 or 4 months....

So please before over-estimating Srilankan military think abt the different approach noth Govt s are following...they are 180 ddeg off each other.

Last edited:
yes..talk with themm..
what they want
if they dnt understnd

then take action

may be someone is between you and them and fueling them

yes..talk with themm..
what they want
if they dnt understnd

then take action

may be someone is between you and them and fueling them

Salaam,

We have been talking with them for decades and they just keep splitting and forming new groups. The problem is ideology. No nation can guarantee there will not be any cause worth taking up, there will always be. The ideology of taking over power by force however needs to be defeated, no choice I'm afraid.

Srilanka is going to help india to fight against maoists.....:what:

yes they are having the expertise in killing their own peoples with out mercy ....

Honestly india need not bring that kind of warfare against maoists..:coffee:

Arey yaar...with no offence to SriLanks...wat special tactics tehy used in the war against LTTE..?

NOTHING.

plain carpet bombing of Jaffna,Kilinochi,Mullaitivu which were Tamil Dominated regions and shooting at sight whoever was not Sinhalese.

If IA and IAF were to follow this there would be no naxals on the face of earth in 3 or 4 months....

So please before over-estimating Srilankan military think abt the different approach noth Govt s are following...they are 180 ddeg off each other.
What expertise r these people r talking here? I dont get it. We r still thinking and discussing whether to use IAF for recon. We dont do that kind of war in our country. Deploy all Forces to eliminate all living creature in the vicinity then call it victory. May be that helped Srilanka but not India. Besides We have one of the finest Jungle warfare training school in our country. If we had thought of deploying army then we would have done long back.

if ever war started i mean military operationa against them

then i am sure this war will turn into civil war and will be very bad for india..
me frm waziristan
In 2006 the pushtoon people who are now turned terrorist were saying that we will fight forpakistan against india if war ever happened

and now they dnt because of the oepraion because of usa

so if ever war happen in india against them then this will become even worse
And Maoist cant start a big civil war in this country.

Does India need to look for outside solutions to fight internal conflicts? Do we not have the requisite expertise?

I don’t have any issues if we take help from the sri lankans, in fact if they can bring something really substantive to the table, they are most welcome and we should grab it with both hands. I think one thing we can coordinate with them is to understand the warfare used by the LTTE and the counter measures put in since during the hay days of the tigers, they were known to have actively supported the Maoists by means of arms and tactic support.

But I ask the above questions under a backdrop of J&K where we have had a very successful COIP ops against an insurgency which had a huge international financial support, where the logistics, arms training, ideological, psychological and warfare support is just across a border which even today remains quite pours. Given when India has successfully quelled the insurgency in Punjab, and tripura, and is on verge of completely finishing off what ever resistance is on offer in assam with ulfa’s back completely broken with them on the run, to nagaland where we are basking in near peace, though Manipur has flared up off late but even there the things remain more or less in control, then why do we look else where?

Do we not feel the need to engage the Andhra cadre cops who have fought the Maoists and eliminated them? The problem with us Indians is that we like to reinvent the wheel on every given opportunity and for some weird reason we feel proud about this and don’t take cues from the successes we have scored. Other maoist infested states have hardly ever engaged the Andhra cadre cops and those who have, the extensive inputs provided have not been implemented, so what guarantee is it that even if we involve the sri lankans will there be a success.

The effected states need to start showing the resolve, than look for excuses because of petty politics involved, and till the time they cant do it this nuisance will continue, and seriously this is the best time to do it when you have manmohan singh as the PM with chidambram as the minister of home affairs and there is a growing recognition of Maoist terrorism in the country.

Well Naxals fights in Jungle and Srilanka fought a decade long war in jungle.....

yes they are having the expertise in killing their own peoples with out mercy ....

We need their military expertise....you cannot deny that they have considerable experience in jungle warfare and guerrilla warfare.

India has One of the greatest Jungle warfare training, In reality, Maoistas are not having a Gurilla warfare, They are fixing IED's , Thats not Gurilla warfare..... And CRPF are not given That training, My only question is why are CRPF there?

We need their military expertise....you cannot deny that they have considerable experience in jungle warfare and guerrilla warfare
Not necessary....... Dont forget the genocide gentlemen. We dont want such kind of killing in our country. The only reason in India is the administration, better ask for some expertise for them, not for army.

Sri Lankan offer is a sign of friendship.

But, we don't need any outside support or assistance in our internal matter.

Our forces are best in the world.

:lol: People used to think that we are having difficulties in handling with Maoist.

But the fact is that we are doing time pass our politicians are not serious about it.

Forget about army even para military forces are more then capable to crush the Maoist terrorist. :agree:

What we need is political will, cooperation and coordination. :agree:

Back
Top Bottom