What's new

Sri Lanka Navy provides assistance to Indian Fishermen

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka Navy provides assistance to Indian Fishermen

Sri Lanka Navy expresses deep concerns over the unsubstantiated allegations raised time to time accusing it of harassing of Indian fishermen. None of these has, however, been able to provide credible proof for SLN involvement.

Most have been found to be mere heresy and accusations based on ill intentions aimed at straining the good relations between two friendly neighbouring countries Sri Lanka and India.

On numerous occasions, Sri Lanka Navy has come to the rescue of Indian fishermen in distress on humanitarian grounds and provided them with assistance using its vessels and personnel despite the heavy expenses incurred by the Navy in the process.

Grateful Indian fishermen have expressed their gratitude for the provision of swift rescue assistance and the hospitality extended by the Sri Lanka Navy in providing them with food and accommodation as well as technical and salvaging assistance while in distress.

Listed below are the several incidents where Sri Lanka Navy assisted Indian fishermen.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

http://www.navy.lk | Sri Lanka Navy provides assistance to Indian Fishermen in distress on Humanitarian Grounds

Good to see that amendments of past actions is being made. We can potentially move on a good footing from here.

Effects of Jayalalitha as CM....!!!
AFter she came IN is taking action against SL navy...the last time when SL navy saw Indian frigate they just retreated...

All hail jaylalitha!!

Sri Lanka Navy expresses deep concerns over the unsubstantiated allegations raised time to time accusing it of harassing of Indian fishermen. None of these has, however, been able to provide credible proof for SLN involvement.

That havent realized yet that is actually a payback for all their hard work helping Indian fishermen. The government at the center in India only cares about its hegemonic ambitions while most of the Indian could care less than meeting their needs of bread and butter.

AFter she came IN is taking action against SL navy...the last time when SL navy saw Indian frigate they just retreated...

All hail jaylalitha!!

Come on dude, is it the time to cote that. I think we should give credit for this kind of positive act. Hope tensions between us settle down soon.

Come on dude, is it the time to cote that. I think we should give credit for this kind of positive act. Hope tensions between us settle down soon.

i didnt try to defame any one..

Im highlighting the changes in Indian navy after Jaylalitha came to power...

Didn't Sl navy who were chasing Indian fishermen ran away when they saw a indian navy frigate from far and the fishermen went and fished and got some good catch and IN was guarding them???

So i meant to say Indian navy has got more power when jaylalitha came ..but it was tooth less tiger when DMK was in power(DMK is puppy of congress)...

U can see the difference ... With congress our navy is toothless and our people are shot in middle of sea.

But when Any non congress like BJP or AIDMK is in power ..... IN has all it power n our people/fishermen are safe...

That is wat the real india i dream of ,not this spineless India with congress in power

That havent realized yet that is actually a payback for all their hard work helping Indian fishermen. The government at the center in India only cares about its hegemonic ambitions while most of the Indian could care less than meeting their needs of bread and butter.

Precisely. But they are much closer to us than you are in IOR so practicality will dictate SL foreign policy rather than uncontrollable emotions and over-confidence.

All hail jaylalitha!!
Keep that b**** out of topic, SLN already operates inside indian navel zone, for join anti-drug operations. If we want we can step in on the same indian ship.

Precisely. But they are much closer to us than you are in IOR so practicality will dictate SL foreign policy rather than uncontrollable emotions and over-confidence.
we are talking about fisherman here notForigen policy, no one can dictate Sri Lanka's forigen policy, for example Sri Lanka's growing ties with China

i didnt try to defame any one..

Im highlighting the changes in Indian navy after Jaylalitha came to power...

Didn't Sl navy who were chasing Indian fishermen ran away when they saw a indian navy frigate from far and the fishermen went and fished and got some good catch and IN was guarding them???

So i meant to say Indian navy has got more power when jaylalitha came ..but it was tooth less tiger when DMK was in power(DMK is puppy of congress)...

U can see the difference ... With congress our navy is toothless and our people are shot in middle of sea.

But when Any non congress like BJP or AIDMK is in power ..... IN has all it power n our people/fishermen are safe...

That is wat the real india i dream of ,not this spineless India with congress in power
Keep ur wet dreams with you.

I do not want to middle in other countries affairs and sorry if this offends anyone but. WHY does India trying to piss off everyone?? seriously looking at comments of an indian here and others throughout the form I realized they are almost at a state of war with everyone.

What is the big deal with Jaylalitha???? Let us appreciate the good gesture from the neighboring country....Again i feel that let the rule be very strict in international boundary...In case SRILANKA NAVY sees any unregulated intrusion in their territory then they have every right to shoot the intruder...if they don't....it is a goodwill of SLNavy and same rule should be applied to Indian Navy too.....International boundary should be strictly maintained otherwise ...every one will find excuse to gain political mileage out of it..

Keep ur wet dreams with you.

dreams really??

take a look at this
PTI
Share · print · T+

An Indian Navy ship on a patrol turned out to be the saviour of a large group of fishermen from here when they were allegedly being chased away by Sri Lankan Navalmen close to International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL), fisheries officials said today.

The fishermen had put out to sea in more than 600 boats yesterday after calling off their three-day old strike protesting detention of 23 fellow fishermen by Sri Lankan Naval personnel on June 20.

As they reached the area close to IMBL, they were chased away by Sri Lankan Navy men who came in their patrol boats, the officials said quoting the fishermen who returned to the shores in the wee hours today.

However, the Sri Lankan Navy men retreated on seeing the Indian Navy ship, they said adding the fishermen also told them they were able to fish without any trouble thereafter.

“We could fish without any problem till mid night and return to the shore,” one of the fishermen told officials.

The fishermen had a good catch as they put out to the sea after a gap of four days, officials said.

Navy and Coast Guard officials said they have intensified patrolling in the region in the wake of arrest of the 23 fishermen by Sri Lankan navy.

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had taken up the fishermen arrest issue with Prime Minister and sought his intervention following which Sri Lanka assured that the fishermen would be released soon.

The Rameswaram fishermen withdrew their strike after talks with district and fisheries officials on June 23.

Thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/116872-sri-lankan-navy-retreats-seeing-indian-ship.html

we are talking about fisherman here notForigen policy, no one can dictate Sri Lanka's forigen policy, for example Sri Lanka's growing ties with China

Don't try to Jump too much. because when you will fall, there won't be any floor. I am sure you are aware. If not, Then Time to wake up!!

India is not doing anything against SL just to make relation peaceful. Otherwise Most of the Indians didn't liked the genocide you did against Tamils and angry with our government for not taking any action against SL.

Back
Top Bottom