What's new

Sri Lanka may stop preferential trade with India

Who cares......Sri lanka needs indian investment to develop war torn economy not other way around.

China can provide everything India is currently providing and then some.

China can provide markets, investment, infrastructure, aid, loans, UNSC veto, capital markets, civilian technology, military technology, manufacturing, etc.

China and Sri Lanka have very close relations, if India becomes typically aggressive towards its neibours like Sri Lanka, Pakistan and bangladesh, all these countries will move closer towards china. India is a well known bully.

Don't think india is some big shot, India is being surrounded, and when Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh move closer to china, India will be surrounded from all sides.

It's great to see Sri Lanka ditching India, hope Chinese leaders are smart enough to grab this opportunity with both hands and put the squeeze on india big time.

China must always counterbalance Indian imperial hegemonic ambitions.
The Indian regime is a threat to world peace.

Sri Lanka don't need India one bit, as long as china is there.

China can provide everything India is currently providing and then some.

China can provide markets, investment, infrastructure, aid, loans, UNSC veto, capital markets, civilian technology, military technology, manufacturing, etc.

China and Sri Lanka have very close relations, if India becomes typically aggressive towards its neibours like Sri Lanka, Pakistan and bangladesh, all these countries will move closer towards china. India is a well known bully.

Don't think india is some big shot, India is being surrounded, and when Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh move closer to china, India will be surrounded from all sides.

It's great to see Sri Lanka ditching India, hope Chinese leaders are smart enough to grab this opportunity with both hands and put the squeeze on india big time.

China must always counterbalance Indian imperial hegemonic ambitions.
The Indian regime is a threat to world peace.

Sri Lanka don't need India one bit, as long as china is there.

so isnt china already providing those??/ or is it new summer offer?:rofl:

so isnt china already providing those??/ or is it new summer offer?:rofl:

We will offer even more things to our sri lankan friends and hopefully we get a military base too.

Not a damn thing India can do when china starts to have strategic relationships with Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Seems its a big party for Indian egos to gather in the embargo against SL. No worry, Pakistan will trade with SL for all alternatives we have.

Seems its a big party for Indian egos to gather in the embargo against SL. No worry, Pakistan will trade with SL for all alternatives we have.

I think Pakistan, Sri lanaka, Bangladesh and China should enter a free trade agreement.
China can provide anything you guys want.

...and what will you sell Lanka apart from towels and bedsheets?

Are you even aware of the Pakistan-Lanka trade figures?

Lemme ease your suffering...

Zardari calls for expanding Pakistan-Sri Lanka bilateral trade | Business | DAWN.COM

Here's the India-Lanka trade:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/economy/article2834284.ece

Just calculate the multiplication factor :lol:

I think Pakistan, Sri lanaka, Bangladesh and China should enter a free trade agreement.

Pakistan and China already have a free trade agreement and who knows this better than the Pakistani businessmen who have had to bear the onslaught of Chinese dumping. :azn:

Poor Zardari even went rushing to China for help regarding the trade imbalance.

...now do I have to explicitly tell you that he returned with empty words from China? :D

Who cares......Sri lanka needs indian investment to develop war torn economy not other way around.

What I have to say there is only few projects handling by India, basically the rail way tracks. But recent projects of developing railway tracks are given to China and Malaysia. Next Express way project has also given to Malaysia.

Agreed, SL needs to join the Pakistan-China security nexus, possibly Bangladesh included. Respected countries have common interest in shaping the way the region is managed and balanced, in this capacity the nations can collaborate. All the things you mentioned are a great idea how to strengthen ties between the Asian countries.

China should be given a naval port in SL, meanwhile Pakistan should sell SL the JF-17 in defense agreement.

...and what will you sell Lanka apart from towels and bedsheets?

Are you even aware of the Pakistan-Lanka...

Pakistan and China already have a free trade agreement and who knows this better than the Pakistani businessmen who have had to bear the onslaught of Chinese dumping. :azn:

Poor Zardari even went rushing to China for help regarding the trade imbalance.

...now do I have to explicitly tell you that he returned with empty words from China? :D

Not too bad, it's high time we can provide a trade way through west china central Asia. We can turn Karachi a huge trading center.

Not too bad, it's high time we can provide a trade way through west china central Asia. We can turn Karachi a huge trading center.

Give me facts and figures, mate.

Give me sources, links of solid things that have actually happened on the ground.

Your empty words are good for nothing. :)

SL needs deterrence. Pakistan as your nations leaders know has enough deterrence, this is why you never take action.

Ok I think Sri lanka should seriously take this advice.. Pakistan is a great example for them to learn lessons from..

Back
Top Bottom