What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

I guess, no one can deny the fact that Pakistani's do know how to stay under media lime light............. BTW i don't know how hammed will explain his poor performance in literally every match that he has played:undecided:
Precisely, his batting was probably worse than Muhammad Amir's. So it just shows that he was just engaging in some loose talk. As they say "Deengay maar raha tha".

Furthermore, Majeed was responsible for getting contracts and payments to the players. You can't link every cent he paid to the players as bribe money since he did have active sponsorship contracts with them.

Why would Majeed commit perjury is not a good enough reason to convict the other players. Many likely scenarios, like money, blackmail, threats, etc.

The fact that if the video tape was filmed after the no balls, then why Majeed did it needs to be investigated and Scotland Yard itself would be responsible for that investigation.

You are accusing the Pakistani players. The burden of presenting the proof is upon you that they guilty. They don't need to produce proof that they are innocent.

Wrong. The burden of proof is upon you to prove that Majeed is committing perjury. =D

Here is the thing Asim. At the end of the day, even if I can make Asif, Amir and Butt confess and provide all the evidence themselves - you can still ask me to prove that - They are NOT doing this because I am blackmailing their families.

Get out of the denial mode and think for a second. Why would someone blackmail Majeed into doing a video after the incident to get the trio trapped? When they could have done much better things.

Also, do you realize that "NOTW" can shutdown and get into really really serious trouble if they indulged in that? Why should we prove to you that Majeed is not being blackmailed? And money? Believe me, Majeed has much more to lose due to this than he could ever gain. He is in serious serious trouble right now.

I fail to understand why doesn't the lynch mob move towards proving that their video was actually shot before the no balls. It is the only shred of evidence they are still hanging on to.

I rest my case.

I can see where you are going with the video evidence. But this is a pretty serious allegation on the players and simply stating that "Majeed will not risk himself and family" will not be sufficient proof.

Also, please share the link to where they conclusively matched the currency numbers.

Furthermore, Majeed was responsible for getting contracts and payments to the players. You can't link every cent he paid to the players as bribe money since he did have active sponsorship contracts with them.

What business does he have in accepting "cash" instead of checks? It's upon him to now prove that that was really sponsorship money. Why should I believe that it is? If it was sponsorship money he should have accepted a check.

I can see where you are going with the video evidence. But this is a pretty serious allegation on the players and simply stating that "Majeed will not risk himself and family" will not be sufficient proof.

Yes, it's not sufficient evidence for a court of law. But it's evidence enough for a common man with common-sense. The probability that Majeed would risk his wealth and family for the sake of fixing the trio sounds unreasonable to me. And I will continue to allege until I am proven wrong.

And I will tell you why I find it ethically more correct to support NOTW than the trio. The probability that NOTW has set the trio up and Majeed has thrown away his wealth and family to set up the trio is infinitesimal. The probability that the trio is guilty is very high. One of them has to be guilty - NOTW vs the trio. I would take my chance with NOTW. I would not allege that NOTW have set things up, until the court of law proves it. NOTW, to me are innocent until proven guilty, given all the evidence :)
Also, please share the link to where they conclusively matched the currency numbers.
Cricket fixer's cash trail leads to Salman Butt: Pakistan diplomat claims players set up | Mail Online

No ifs.. no Butts | Captain's secret cash stash proves his guilt. | News Of The World

What business does he have in accepting "cash" instead of checks? It's upon him to now prove that that was really sponsorship money. Why should I believe that it is? If it was sponsorship money he should have accepted a check.

Money was Marked ? Am i rite ?

Wrong. The burden of proof is upon you to prove that Majeed is committing perjury. =D
I'm not saying he IS committing perjury, I'm just saying that needs to be investigated. In the meantime the burden of proof is upon you to prove what he's saying is true.

Here is the thing Asim. At the end of the day, even if I can make Asif, Amir and Butt confess and provide all the evidence themselves - you can still ask me to prove that - They are NOT doing this because I am blackmailing their families.
This line of attack is convenient escapism from your duties of proving your accusation. You want to make it look like we're doing this out of some sort of national pride, even though everyone has stated time and again that if proven then "Jitne jootay maaro, woh kum hai".

Imagine this, some day I decide to frame you and I have somebody record me saying "Pakistani Atheist took money that I arranged from a competitor student to fail in his 10th grade exams and throw away his top rank position".

Now do you have to prove that I'm lying under oath? Or do I have to prove that you actually took the money? See how that works. The lynch mob world you're rooting for would have us all burning at the stake and we'd have Haroon Lorgat type self appointed judge, jury, executioners pronouncing verdicts.

Get out of the denial mode and think for a second. Why would someone blackmail Majeed into doing a video after the incident to get the trio trapped? When they could have done much better things.
I really don't have to tell you why, I have to ask you to prove that what he's saying is true or not. The sole premises of his claim is the timing of the claim.

Also, do you realize that "NOTW" can shutdown and get into really really serious trouble if they indulged in that? Why should we prove to you that Majeed is not being blackmailed? And money? Believe me, Majeed has much more to lose due to this than he could ever gain. He is in serious serious trouble right now.

Actually they already have a libel case against them by far bigger fish than Salman Butt and gang. Last year they claimed that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are divorcing, they even printed out their divorce settlement agreements, the custody issues, and so on. All of it has been denied by the couple who are still together.

This is not the only case.

NOTW has a history of lying, reaping out all the profits of the masala generated by the gossipy wish washy people of the world and then drawing out a long legal row and then settling by paying a few millions out of court.

It's the perfect scam. You're pinning your entire argument on the proverbial "Tabloid Trash".

The consequence of not protesting/blocking Bharati's rising to the top slots of WB, IMF, ICC are causing economic slavery, terror attacks, flood, destruction of Pakistanis and their cricketer's career. From now on, every arse hole liberal that seeks friendship with Malaun to be fukced off because trading off of a PAKSTAN isn't their calls let alone creating the turf for blowing 100s of innocents PAKISTANIS, letting conniving Bharatis to scheme against Pakistanis by any means. Now, since the fake is out, the fukc force Malauns are practicing eloquence, power on Pakistani cricketer's expenses(Spot-fixing controversy: Had sufficient evidence to charge players - Lorgat | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com, ICC Chief proves to be a RAW mole).

No where in his answer, the mother Fukcing Malaun named Fukcin Lograt fukc never says anything pacific about Asif, Amir or But's guilt but justifies their suspension. He is another RAW militant fukc in different form as every Bharati/his descendent is a militant nationalist. His peer Sharhad RAW fukc(ICC Chief proves to be a RAW mole) needs to be circumcised, which would reverse his eternal hateful mindset against Pakistanis.

RAW did this? I mean I know that RAW does a lot of bad things like unrest in Baloch. But this claim is way too far-fetched. Really.. I don't understand what India has to gain from this?

As someone pointed out, Malcolm Speed - his predecessor, wanted to BAN the ENTIRE Pakistania cricket team!

Also, it's standard protocol to "suspend" suspected officials/players pending investigation. If you accuse a police officer of **** and produce reasonable evidence, he will be suspended and remanded pending investigation. He will lose his job and face jailtime if proven guilty. That's the way the world operates. Nothing wrong with what Haroon Lorgat did.

I'm not saying he IS committing perjury, I'm just saying that needs to be investigated. In the meantime the burden of proof is upon you to prove what he's saying is true.

This line of attack is convenient escapism from your duties of proving your accusation. You want to make it look like we're doing this out of some sort of national pride, even though everyone has stated time and again that if proven then "Jitne jootay maaro, woh kum hai".

Imagine this, some day I decide to frame you and I have somebody record me saying "Pakistani Atheist took money that I arranged from a competitor student to fail in his 10th grade exams and throw away his top rank position".

Now do you have to prove that I'm lying under oath? Or do I have to prove that you actually took the money? See how that works. The lynch mob world you're rooting for would have us all burning at the stake and we'd have Haroon Lorgat type self appointed judge, jury, executioners pronouncing verdicts.

I really don't have to tell you why, I have to ask you to prove that what he's saying is true or not. The sole premises of his claim is the timing of the claim.

Actually they already have a libel case against them by far bigger fish than Salman Butt and gang. Last year they claimed that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are divorcing, they even printed out their divorce settlement agreements, the custody issues, and so on. All of it has been denied by the couple who are still together.

This is not the only case.

NOTW has a history of lying, reaping out all the profits of the masala generated by the gossipy wish washy people of the world and then drawing out a long legal row and then settling by paying a few millions out of court.

It's the perfect scam. You're pinning your entire argument on the proverbial "Tabloid Trash".

I did not know that they talked about "Brad Pitt" and "Angelina" divorce.

But what's wrong with suspending a player when there are allegations backed with evidence like a) video-tape b) cell-phone with texts and c) Currency found in hotel room?

Suspensions are always issued pending investigation.

Yes, it's not sufficient evidence for a court of law. But it's evidence enough for a common man with common-sense. The probability that Majeed would risk his wealth and family for the sake of fixing the trio sounds unreasonable to me. And I will continue to allege until I am proven wrong.

And I will tell you why I find it ethically more correct to support NOTW than the trio. The probability that NOTW has set the trio up and Majeed has thrown away his wealth and family to set up the trio is infinitesimal. The probability that the trio is guilty is very high. One of them has to be guilty - NOTW vs the trio. I would take my chance with NOTW. I would not allege that NOTW have set things up, until the court of law proves it. NOTW, to me are innocent until proven guilty, given all the evidence :)

Cricket fixer's cash trail leads to Salman Butt: Pakistan diplomat claims players set up | Mail Online

No ifs.. no ***** | Captain's secret cash stash proves his guilt. | News Of The World
That is very easy to prove or disprove - If there are actual agreements with sponsors amounting up to that much money then there's a valid reason for that money.

Players admit taking cash

“The players also showed their written contracts for these sponsorship deals to the police,” Pakistan legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi told Geo TV.

There is documented evidence of the trail for that cash. It's 50k , not 150k. This money was found on the FIRST day of the investigations and if it was that damming Scotland Yard would've charged them then n there.

HC Hasan - "It could have been dated before the match or after the match, or at a different time. Do you have answers to these questions? "

NOTW - No chance, Mr Hasan. We have cast-iron proof with timed evidence from e-mails, text messages, phone records, videos and receipts.
How do Emails, Text messages, phone records prove that, those videos were shot before the no balls?

We have dated receipts showing our reporters picked up £140,000 from a London travel agents and took a hired car to the London hotel where our undercover Investigations Editor Mazher Mahmood met match fixer Mazhar Majeed to hand over the cash.
Again, a receipt of picking up the cash is different from a receipt of handing over the cash.

Police possess CCTV footage from the hotel showing Mahmood and Majeed arriving separately for the meeting on August 25.
Majeed and Mahmood had been schmoozing around for a lot while longer than when the alleged transaction was amde.

At 9.53pm, Majeed texted Mahmood asking: "Boss can we meet at 10.30 pls". Five minutes later he sent another asking: "Which hotel?"
A claim not captured in the videos.

We videoed the handover and later Mahmood e-mailed our Editor Colin Myler, company lawyer Tom Crone and the news editor to brief them on what had happened.

His e-mail is timed at 01:24 on August 26 - nine- and-a-half hours BEFORE the Lord's Test was due to begin.
This is also between NOTW staff and not captured on the video.

They could have held a dated third party newspaper in front of the videos, a trick that has been used in movies since forever and is commonly known.

BACK FEW YEARS, THERE WERE SOME PAPARAZZI GUYS PAYING OFF SOME PUKTOONS TO ACT LIKE TALIBAN .. I SMELL A R-AT IN THIS NEWS OF THE WORLD STORY AND HYPE .

Back
Top Bottom