What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Confindence!!!!!
Don't you see confidence is Wajid Shams-ul-Hassan's stance? Now please talk sense.

Try to understand my post first. What the ambassador did was to show confidence in their innocence. That is not a legal statement. If he testifies in court stating he knows they are innocent, he will be putting his job and reputation at risk. Then I will agree his confidence is of some importance. Right now he is doing his job, and that is to shield his country's citizens from the media.

On the other hand, NOTW can be sued in court if these charges are proven baseless. Unless they are online news agency which can go underground at will.

Fresh revelations by News Of The World, fourth Pak player may be suspended

London: The British tabloid, News of the World has now revealed that the ICC is investigating a fourth Pakistani player in the spot-fixing controversy. They have said they will not name the fourth player because of legal implications.

Opening batsman Yasir Hameed, it is reported, has said that some of his team-mates have been fixing 'almost every match' and that a player can be payed as much as 20,000-25,000 pounds per no ball bowled. "It makes me angry that I'm trying my best and they are trying to lose," Hamir told the British tabloid whose earlier revelations have shocked the cricket world.

When contacted by NDTV, the ICC refused to comment on this latest expose by News of the World, and the ongoing investigations.

Read more at: Fresh revelations by News Of The World, fourth Pak player may be suspended

On the other hand, NOTW can be sued in court if these charges are proven baseless. Unless they are online news agency which can go underground at will.

Sued for what? For ten million dollars? 15 million dollars? They must have made many many more from this sensational news than they can be made to pay.

:blink: When did all this happen??? I am not aware? Seriously! Can you educate me further and please don't give me Indian orange media links?

Does the term orange media really exist or members of this forum 'refudiate'ing like Ms. Palin? :s Anyway the chronology of fixing saga is all over the internet, which colour would you prefer?

The three balls that will shake world of cricket

ball1_516_144531a.jpg

ball2_516_144534a.jpg

ball3_516_144532a.jpg

Haroon Lorgat should be fired from his position if the court of law acquits these Pakistanis.

So far no evidence has been seen. Even the police hasn't had the guts to charge a single Pakistani player. Haroon Lorgat, after all a South African with Indian roots has chosen to jump the gun on Pakistani players. If these were any other country's players the Indian origin guy would've allowed the law to take care of some very criminal allegations.

While I agree with your emotions, your logic is ridiculous. What does Lorgat's Indian origin have anything to do with this? In the cricketing world, India, Pakistan, SL, Bangladesh, South Africa and WI need to be on the same side. It will only be their loss if Pakistan is banned from international cricket.

It doesn't matter even if Imran Khan was the ICC Chief. No one can unfairly target India's cricketers due to the BCCI's clout. In that sense, I agree he has jumped the gun, but it does not have anything to do with his origin. The sad state of affairs with the PCB has allowed people to say anything against your players and get away.

to add to that.. who payes sponsership money in cash? specially in this country.. c'mon they need to stop behaving like three wise monkeys.

Here the three monkeys are the monkeys of Gandhi -> See/Talk/Hear nothing evil. In other words living in denial.

There is nothing wrong with his language.

Man! to evade tax mostly this tactic is used! And BTW mind your language and stop being art a naked good for nothing mule who is the child of the the moronic imbecile and the stinking salad for brains.

Child of Moronic Imbecile is DEFINITELY abusive. I think that you should be the one minding your language.

Haroon Lorgat should be fired from his position if the court of law acquits these Pakistanis.

So far no evidence has been seen. Even the police hasn't had the guts to charge a single Pakistani player. Haroon Lorgat, after all a South African with Indian roots has chosen to jump the gun on Pakistani players. If these were any other country's players the Indian origin guy would've allowed the law to take care of some very criminal allegations.

Lol Haroon Lorgat is as much Indian as say Lady Gaga is! You're not being reasonable here.

Sued for what? For ten million dollars? 15 million dollars? They must have made many many more from this sensational news than they can be made to pay.

I am not a lawyer so I have no clue. But I suspect it will be much higher than that. What about their lost reputation and mental trauma? No amount of money can compensate for that.

Can someone tell me how lawsuit amounts are calculated?

Wait for investigations to complete.

The allowance money was there and they said they found extra than the allowance. His sister's wedding info was added by spicy media nothing else.

jana.. we as ardent cricket fans want to wait for the investigation to complete. but it's really sad when people who are holding responsible offices either in pakistan cricket establishment or in political establishment coming out with conspiracy theories to counter media speculations. when you take on the media head on, you know there is only one winner. we all know who it is!!

Following last weekend's match-fixing world exclusive, the News of the World is to reveal sensational new revelations over 18 pages of tomorrow's newspaper.​

cricket_280_147500a.jpg

This includes:

The News of the World publishing full details of the ENTIRE investigation starting in January this year including printing the transcripts of every meeting, conversation, email and text exchange.

An explosive claim by a member of the Pakistan touring team that some of his team-mates ARE cheats. Opening batsman Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing "almost every match". He said: "They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.
"They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.
"It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose."

How the ICC are now probing a FOURTH Pakistan touring player over match-rigging claims. The News of the World is not naming this player for legal reasons.

The three suspended Pakistan players face a staggering TWENTY THREE ICC charges between them - each charge runs to six pages.
Exposing the rantings of the Pakistan High Commissioner who outrageously claimed that the News of the World had "set up" Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif

CCTV evidence proves the meeting with fixer Mazhar Majeed took place before any "no balls" had been bowled. Dated receipts and emails also prove the money handover happened BEFORE the "no balls".

Pakistan Captain Salman Butt was warned FIVE TIMES about his responsibilities to report any irregular contact with outside agencies. And investigators have recovered between £10,000 and £15,000 of marked News of the World bills from the Pakistan captain's hotel room.

Get more cricket match fixing revelations in the News of the World | News Of The World

Confindence!!!!!
Don't you see confidence is Wajid Shams-ul-Hassan's stance? Now please talk sense.

I did not know that Hassan had a stance to start with. All that he has been doing imho is changing "stances" "confidently":coffee:

Oh and does anyone else find it ironic that Hungry-boom Afridi is the cleanest guy in our team right now?

I say, screw cricket! HAiL FUTBOAL!

Child of Moronic Imbecile is DEFINITELY abusive. I think that you should be the one minding your language.

A person calling my country's heros Donkey should be treated rather harshly than that!

Nothing is proved yet! They will remain my heroes untill and unless proven guilty.

Back
Top Bottom