What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Afridi apologises for spot-fixing controversy

i think its great move by Afridi:pakistan:

I think it was unnecessary. What is he apologizing for? If they are guilty, this apology is grossly inadequate. If they are innocent, it is not their fault that this controversy erupted.

I think it was unnecessary. What is he apologizing for? If they are guilty, this apology is grossly inadequate. If they are innocent, it is not their fault that this controversy erupted.
Actually if they are guilty, Afridi is a victim of their match fixing.

Afridi is very angry himself since he was the target according to Mazhar Majeed.

He's just speaking emotionally.

I am an auditor/Chartered Accountant and I know what I am talking about! Having a contract is different thing and payment for any transactions is a different thing. People use cash payments instead of transactions through bank to evade tax or material part of transaction through cash and rest through bank.

waqas.. why you guys are defending the undefendable. first the money recovered was players daily allowance, then once the amount was leaked it was for salman butt's sisters wedding, then when it's found that the cash was the same as the one given by NOTW guy, it's the sponsership money.. c'mon you guys need to stop at some point. it's not that people want to pick on this players or on pakistan as whole. but the contraditcting & desperate statments by PCB officials will only end up putting them in that pit as well. now people will start asking questions as to why PCB & the govt reps are so desperate to save this players with their contradicting statements every other day? let them call spade a spade instead of making themselves look silly in front of whole world. let them swollow that bitter pill for once & believe me world will respect them for that.

waqas.. why you guys are defending the undefendable. first the money recovered was players daily allowance, then once the amount was leaked it was for salman butt's sisters wedding, then when it's found that the cash was the same as the one given by NOTW guy, it's the sponsership money..

:blink: When did all this happen??? I am not aware? Seriously! Can you educate me further and please don't give me Indian orange media links?

waqas.. why you guys are defending the undefendable. first the money recovered was players daily allowance, then once the amount was leaked it was for salman butt's sisters wedding, then when it's found that the cash was the same as the one given by NOTW guy, it's the sponsership money.. c'mon you guys need to stop at some point. it's not that people want to pick on this players or on pakistan as whole. but the contraditcting & desperate statments by PCB officials will only end up putting them in that pit as well. now people will start asking questions as to why PCB & the govt reps are so desperate to save this players with their contradicting statements every other day? let them call spade a spade instead of making themselves look silly in front of whole world. let them swollow that bitter pill for once & believe me world will respect them for that.

Wait for investigations to complete.

The allowance money was there and they said they found extra than the allowance. His sister's wedding info was added by spicy media nothing else.

Sensational NOTW, or is there any truth to all this? Does the NOTW have a physical presence? They seem confident in all their claims...wouldn't expect any brick-and-mortar news agency to be this confident without undeniable proof.

Get more cricket match fixing revelations in the News of the World | News Of The World

Following last weekend's match-fixing world exclusive, the News of the World is to reveal sensational new revelations over 18 pages of tomorrow's newspaper.

This includes:

The News of the World publishing full details of the ENTIRE investigation starting in January this year including printing the transcripts of every meeting, conversation, email and text exchange.

An explosive claim by a member of the Pakistan touring team that some of his team-mates ARE cheats. Opening batsman Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing "almost every match". He said: "They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.
"They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.
"It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose."

How the ICC are now probing a FOURTH Pakistan touring player over match-rigging claims. The News of the World is not naming this player for legal reasons.

The three suspended Pakistan players face a staggering TWENTY THREE ICC charges between them - each charge runs to six pages.

Exposing the rantings of the Pakistan High Commissioner who outrageously claimed that the News of the World had "set up" Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif. CCTV evidence proves the meeting with fixer Mazhar Majeed took place before any "no balls" had been bowled. Dated receipts and emails also prove the money handover happened BEFORE the "no balls".

Pakistan Captain Salman Butt was warned FIVE TIMES about his responsibilities to report any irregular contact with outside agencies. And investigators have recovered between £10,000 and £15,000 of marked News of the World bills from the Pakistan captain's hotel room.

Sensational NOTW, or is there any truth to all this? Does the NOTW have a physical presence? They seem confident in all their claims...wouldn't expect any brick-and-mortar news agency to be this confident without undeniable proof.

Confindence!!!!!
Don't you see confidence is Wajid Shams-ul-Hassan's stance? Now please talk sense.

Get more cricket match fixing revelations in the News of the World | News Of The World

Following last weekend's match-fixing world exclusive, the News of the World is to reveal sensational new revelations over 18 pages of tomorrow's newspaper.

This includes:

The News of the World publishing full details of the ENTIRE investigation starting in January this year including printing the transcripts of every meeting, conversation, email and text exchange.

An explosive claim by a member of the Pakistan touring team that some of his team-mates ARE cheats. Opening batsman Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing "almost every match". He said: "They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.
"They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.

How the ICC are now probing a FOURTH Pakistan touring player over match-rigging claims. The News of the World is not naming this player for legal reasons.

The three suspended Pakistan players face a staggering TWENTY THREE ICC charges between them - each charge runs to six pages.

Exposing the rantings of the Pakistan High Commissioner who outrageously claimed that the News of the World had "set up" Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif. CCTV evidence proves the meeting with fixer Mazhar Majeed took place before any "no balls" had been bowled. Dated receipts and emails also prove the money handover happened BEFORE the "no balls".

Pakistan Captain Salman Butt was warned FIVE TIMES about his responsibilities to report any irregular contact with outside agencies. And investigators have recovered between £10,000 and £15,000 of marked News of the World bills from the Pakistan captain's hotel room.

NOTW just broke another set of news claiming yaseer hameed have told them that with pakistan alomost every match is fixed. just wait for the details to come out..

Haroon Lorgat should be fired from his position if the court of law acquits these Pakistanis.

So far no evidence has been seen. Even the police hasn't had the guts to charge a single Pakistani player. Haroon Lorgat, after all a South African with Indian roots has chosen to jump the gun on Pakistani players. If these were any other country's players the Indian origin guy would've allowed the law to take care of some very criminal allegations.

Yasir Hameed claims Pakistan team-mates have been fixing 'almost every match'

article-1309096-0ADE0DAF000005DC-100_233x423.jpg

Further match-fixing allegations have been levelled against Pakistan tonight with Test opener Yasir Hameed reportedly admitting some of his team-mates were involved in throwing games.

Following last week's revelations about Test captain Salman Butt and bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer, the latest revelations are set to shock cricket once more.

The trio are now the subject of police and ICC investigations but now the News of the World have claimed others are also involved.

The newspaper have now followed up their initial allegations with an interview with Hameed, who played in the fourth Test at The Oval.

He is quoted as saying: 'They've been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks. They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.

'It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose.'

The full details of the latest claims will be released over the course of the night, but the paper also claim that the ICC are currently investigating a fourth - as yet unnamed - Pakistan player.

Sunday's edition will also carry allegations that investigators recovered at least £10,000 of marked bank notes in Butt's hotel room.

Yasir Hameed claims Pakistan team-mates have been fixing 'almost every match' | Mail Online

Butt had a pretty decent average compared to what Yasir Hameed had with his 0s and 10s.

If anything it seemed Yasir Hameed was throwing the games.

Without providing evidence this is meaningless

:blink: When did all this happen??? I am not aware? Seriously! Can you educate me further and please don't give me Indian orange media links?

my friend about players allowance, i heard this from pakistan journalist P J Mir when he spoke to ARY news. pls don't ask me to the grab the source. i got no patience to search on youtube. rest of the news, it's all out in the open, even in pakistani media. now.. don't ask me to provide you with source. you have heard it as well.

Yasir Hameed Match Fixing Interview: Pakistani Players Fixing Every Match

121336.jpg

An explosive claim by a member of the Pakistan touring team that some of his team-mates ARE cheats. Opening batsman Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing “almost every match”. He said: “They’ve been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks.

“They were doing it (fixing) in almost every match. God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.

“It makes me angry because I’m playing my best and they are trying to lose.”

How the ICC are now probing a FOURTH Pakistan touring player over match-rigging claims. The Current Affairs.com is not naming this player for legal reasons.
The three suspended Pakistan players face a staggering TWENTY THREE ICC charges between them – each charge runs to six pages.
Exposing the rantings of the Pakistan High Commissioner who outrageously claimed that The Current Affairs.com had “set up” Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif. CCTV evidence proves the meeting with fixer Mazhar Majeed took place before any “no balls” had been bowled. Dated receipts and emails also prove the money handover happened BEFORE the “no balls”.
Pakistan Captain Salman Butt was warned FIVE TIMES about his responsibilities to report any irregular contact with outside agencies. And investigators have recovered between £10,000 and £15,000 of marked News of the World bills from the Pakistan captain’s hotel room.

ICC are investigating an unnamed fourth Pakistan player, while Yasir Hameed has told the newspaper that he was asked by a bookmaker to help fix a Test for £100,000 but turned down the money.

Hameed, who played in two of the recent Tests against England, allegedly told the newspaper “almost every match” has been fixed and has slammed his team-mates’ actions. “They’ve been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks,” he told the newspaper. “They were doing it [fixing] in almost every match.

“God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages. It makes me angry because I’m playing my best and they are trying to lose.”

“They are not aware of anything like this happening,” Yawar Saeed, Pakistan’s manager, told Cricinfo. He also added that since the end of the Test series, Hameed had left the Pakistan squad, and he did not know of his whereabouts.

Also revealed in an eight-page special produced by the newspaper, they outline the charge sheets against Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir who have been questioned by police twice this week since the initial story broke last weekend with the trio facing 23 charges between them.

And in relation to the Pakistan High Commissioner’s belief that the players were “set up” the News of the World will publish emails, receipts and CCTV evidence that prove the meetings between the undercover reporter and Mazhar Majeed were filmed before the Lord’s Test.

A Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed to Cricinfo that no new arrests have been made in relation to the ongoing case.

Tags: Yasir Hameed,Pakistani Players Fixing Every Match,Yasir Hameed tells us bent teammates were fixing,Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif,fixer Mazhar Majeed,Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir Accepts Money From Bookie Majeed,Match-fixing, Pakistan tour of England, Pakistan cricket.

Yasir Hameed Match Fixing Interview: Pakistani Players Fixing Every Match

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom