What's new

South Korea successfully launches home-grown Nuri space rocket after failed attempt last year

I have never seen any country recapture the market eaten by Chinese enterprises, and the same is true of new energy vehicles.

The Japanese govt will certainly implement the measures you said, and the Japanese economy will eventually stop falling. But that must be after the yen depreciated by more than 40%. Japan's per capita GDP will drop to between $20000 and $30000. At this time, Japan will be the country with the lowest per capita GDP in East Asia except North Korea. And they will rely heavily on China's industrial chain.

Now the biggest trouble for the Japanese is not only from Japan and China. Now American hedge funds have shown their teeth to the yen, and the USA is ready to eat this ally to make up for its broken economy.
If the Japanese can implement these policies, they will remain 2nd or 3rd in Asia depending on India's development.

Higher wages and lesser overtime means more birthrate, which will stabilize their domestic market self-suffiency, and thus leading back to virtuous work and consumption cycle.

The yen decepreciation can be a boon to Japan as long as companies issue higher wages. Japan high growth period was when yen in the 300 range but wages back then was higher.

I fear, again, right wing Abe force will never implement these policies and pour more fund into US weapons again.

Japan is overestimated but so far ahead of both China and South Korea per capita that for even South Korea to catch up in per capita GDP which is the general indicator, it would probably be after 2040. But yes South Korea and China are both underestimated... China especially lol but that's a good thing for China to be underestimated and unknown about by those who dislike and fear its rise.

Japan is overestimated but so far ahead of both China and South Korea per capita that for even South Korea to catch up in per capita GDP which is the general indicator, it would probably be after 2040. But yes South Korea and China are both underestimated... China especially lol but that's a good thing for China to be underestimated and unknown about by those who dislike and fear its rise.
GDP per capita is flawed.
Japanese middle class is already poorer than middle class chinese despite the official number due to consumption tax.

Meanwhile taiwanese is supposedly surpassing even S. Korea and Japan in GDP per capita yet this does not even reflect in Taiwan at all.

Tell you a message. Now the exchange rate of the yen against the US dollar has fallen below 135 yen. So now the per capita GDP of South Korea has surpassed that of Japan.

Before 2040, China, not South Korea, will surpass Japan in per capita GDP.

If the Japanese can implement these policies, they will remain 2nd or 3rd in Asia depending on India's development.

Higher wages and lesser overtime means more birthrate, which will stabilize their domestic market self-suffiency, and thus leading back to virtuous work and consumption cycle.

The yen decepreciation can be a boon to Japan as long as companies issue higher wages. Japan high growth period was when yen in the 300 range but wages back then was higher.

I fear, again, right wing Abe force will never implement these policies and pour more fund into US weapons again.
Japan is not China or the United States. Japan has a large population but very poor domestic resources. They cannot rely entirely on the domestic market. They must have a sufficient amount of foreign trade.
I suggest that the Japanese vigorously develop the AV industry. They are still very strong in this field. Most importantly, China will never enter this industry.

Last edited:
No. Japan holds more tech patent then any other Korean companies

Just google no 1 products worldwide. You can see Japan at the top echelon.

Looking at Samsung, Korea may have some advantage, but in terms of technology, Japan is just better in heavy industries, steel making,medical science, basic science(physics, astronomy, blah blah) and many other fields compared to Korea.

Japan is not China or the United States. Japan has a large population but very poor domestic resources. They cannot rely entirely on the domestic market. They must have a sufficient amount of foreign trade.
I suggest that the Japanese vigorously develop the AV industry. They are still very strong in this field. Most importantly, China will never enter this industry.
Japan has 126 million people, its high growth era dream was 100 million middle class, this is enough to build a strong domestic market.
If Japan can regain and maintain this status, its GDP will grow.

Tell you a message. Now the exchange rate of the yen against the US dollar has fallen below 135 yen. So now the per capita GDP of South Korea has surpassed that of Japan.

lol vigorously ;)

You probably don't know the Madou Company in Taiwan. It is actually a company founded in Taiwan with funds from mainland China.
But now it is far behind Japan's AV companies, and beautiful girls in Japan are more willing to participate in the AV profession. Madou girls are generally very ordinary. I really like Koiwa いと(小岩いと) from Japan, I'm almost obsessed with her

Japan has 126 million people, its high growth era dream was 100 million middle class, this is enough to build a strong domestic market.
If Japan can regain and maintain this status, its GDP will grow.
If it loses large-scale foreign trade, how can Japan obtain sufficient foreign exchange? If it lacks foreign exchange, how can Japan obtain oil, steel, coal and other resources? As I said, Japan is a country with extremely poor resources. They must have enough foreign trade. Only China, USA and Russia, which have sufficient domestic resources, can be able to rely on themselves.

You probably don't know the Madou Company in Taiwan. It is actually a company founded in Taiwan with funds from mainland China.
But now it is far behind Japan's AV companies, and beautiful girls in Japan are more willing to participate in the AV profession. Madou girls are generally very ordinary. I really like Koiwa いと(小岩いと) from Japan, I'm almost obsessed with her
Well, I don't know enough about the AV industry. But even if Chinese capital wants to enter the AV industry, they can only invest in Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. AV is illegal in China. Anyone who shoots AV will be sentenced to two years' imprisonment, and those who engage in AV commercial activities will face seven years' imprisonment.
BTW: I don't know much about Japanese active AV stars, but when I was in college, 苍井空 was very famous.

Last edited:
If it loses large-scale foreign trade, how can Japan obtain sufficient foreign exchange? If it lacks foreign exchange, how can Japan obtain oil, steel, coal and other resources? As I said, Japan is a country with extremely poor resources. They must have enough foreign trade. Only China, USA and Russia, which have sufficient domestic resources, can be able to rely on themselves.
Why would it lose foreign trade? I meant that Japan can make money by buying foreign materials and produce and sell in its domestic market to generate profit.

That was Japan's high growth era up to the 00s where they can grow and survive just by catering to domestic market.

Japan's investment in hydrogen energy is very early. As early as the 1970s, when the first oil crisis began, Japan began to study hydrogen energy. By the early 21st century, almost all patented technologies were mastered by the Japanese, and the Japanese were in business. Its characteristics are extreme greed and selfishness. They want to hold all the technical patents of the industry chain in their own hands. The Japanese just want to eat all the meat by themselves, and leave no food residue for others.
Under such circumstances, the United States, China, and Europe have tacitly abandoned the development of hydrogen energy vehicles. Just like the Soviet Union gave up transistors when it had an advantage in tubes, the Soviet Union got the wrong tech tree. Japan's advantage in hydrogen energy research has made the world abandon hydrogen energy vehicles.
Of course, as a technical reserve, countries around the world have not given up research on hydrogen energy.
Yes.
I once saw a video made by a Japanese engaged in the automobile industry. The Japanese auto industry was actually betrayed by the USA.
The Japanese automobile industry has always believed that at least the American market will choose the hydrogen energy invested by Japan rather than the lithium battery chosen by China. But the reality is that Americans prefer Chinese lithium batteries, and so do Europeans.
In the eyes of Americans, only Japan gives up its interests for the USA, and the USA will not give up its interests for Japan.

Why would it lose foreign trade? I meant that Japan can make money by buying foreign materials and produce and sell in its domestic market to generate profit.

That was Japan's high growth era up to the 00s where they can grow and survive just by catering to domestic market.
If you only sell in Japan, how can you get foreign exchange?

If you only sell in Japan, how can you get foreign exchange?
Use profit earned from domestic market in order to expand.

This was Japan's strategy, with Sony and Nintendo, and it is China's strategy, most noticeably with Huawei and Xiaomi.

Use profit earned from domestic market in order to expand.

This was Japan's strategy, with Sony and Nintendo, and it is China's strategy, most noticeably with Huawei and Xiaomi.
Do you mean that the Japanese govt invests in other countries with Japanese yen? Or can Japan expand its domestic economy without importing oil and other resources and only relying on the money printing machine?
I don't know whether the Vietnamese govt will allow it, but China will certainly not allow Japanese enterprises to invest in China in yen, unless the Japanese govt is able to make the yen the world currency

Do you mean that the Japanese government invests in other countries with Japanese yen? Or can Japan expand its domestic economy without importing oil and other resources and only relying on the money printing machine?
I don't know whether the Vietnamese government will allow it, but China will certainly not allow Japanese enterprises to invest in China in yen.
Uh, Japan has used its yen to exchange to US dollars to buy foreign materials.

Same for China, with yuan, except it can skip the dollar.

Back
Top Bottom