What's new

South Korea & China worry over North Korea's nuclear program

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
South Korea & China worry over North Korea's nuclear program

A South Korean official says the foreign ministers of South Korea and China have worries about a uranium enrichment program by North Korea that could lead to a second way to make atomic bombs.

A South Korean Foreign Ministry official says the two ministers agreed Wednesday to closely consult with each other over how to deal with the North's uranium program.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of department policy.

Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi flew to South Korea earlier Wednesday for a two-day visit.

It remains to be seen whether China, North Korea's only major ally, will allow the United Nations to criticize Pyongyang's uranium enrichment efforts.

SKorea, China worry over NKorea's nuclear program

This is surprising coming from the Chinese FM. I thought China and NK were allies.

Are there any Chinese source on this?

china isn't stupid. kim jong ill is bat- crazy

Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on Wednesday urged related parties to make efforts to create conditions for early resumption of long-stalled six-party talks on Korean peninsula's denuclearization.

The remarks came at a meeting between Yang, who arrived in Seoul earlier in the day on a two-day visit, and his South Korean counterpart Kim Sung-hwan.

During the meeting, Yang stressed that China always actively supports inter-Korean dialogue, and has been long committed to maintaining peace and stability on the Korean peninsula, push ahead process of denuclearization and achieve long-term stability in the peninsula and the whole region.

Though the tension on the peninsula has eased somewhat recently thanks to the joint efforts by related parties, uncertainties still remain, the Chinese top diplomat said.

China hopes all parties concerned will focus on the overall interest and make more efforts to create conditions for early resumption of the international nuclear disarmament talks, and get the relevant issues on the peninsula back to the track of dialogue and consultation, Yang said.

In response, Kim said South Korea and China share a common goal of maintaining peace and stability and realize denuclearization on the peninsula.

13746496_21n.jpg

Hailing China's support on inter-Korean dialogue, Kim said Seoul is willing to work together with China to maintain good- neighborliness and seek common ground while ironing out differences, for further development of the bilateral relations and peace, stability and co-prosperity of the region.

The two ministers also spoke highly of development of the relationship between the two sides.

They agreed to maintain impetus of high-level exchange, deepen mutually beneficial cooperation, boost people-to-people exchange and strengthen coordination and cooperation in international and regional affairs, to achieve greater development of the strategic cooperative partnership between the two nations.

13746496_31n.jpg

Chinese FM urges efforts to create conditions for early resumption of six-party talks

In fact China isn't happy about the nuclear program of NK.

Kim Jong il wants to blackmail China with its nukes.

This is surprising coming from the Chinese FM. I thought China and NK were allies.

Are there any Chinese source on this?

I do not think North Korea are allies. Many Chinese people hate Kim Jong-il.

The state of north korea is our ally. Kim is crazy.

Kim Il Sung had massacred Yan'an faction, we will not forget the hate.
North Korea is an ungrateful country. It owe us!

When USA withdrawal from East Asia, we should hang Kim Jong-il. South Korea could become our allies.

Kim Il Sung had massacred Yan'an faction, we will not forget the hate.
North Korea is an ungrateful country. It owe us!

When USA withdrawal from East Asia, we should hang Kim Jong-il. South Korea could become our allies.

i must admint, if the us withdraws i would rather work with SK than NK, i mean at the bare minimum there would be no nukes at the doorsteps and trade would make both parties richer

china is secretly wishing that the south koreans and americans would invade and destroy north korea.

China's real dream is for NK to be crazy enough to invade SK and for US to abandon SK altogether.

But I think dream is dream, China is stuck with both Ks and to china both are equally ugly.

China's real dream is for NK to be crazy enough to invade SK and for US to abandon SK altogether.

But I think dream is dream, China is stuck with both Ks and to china both are equally ugly.

I think China for now wants maintain a stable status quo. That means no unification, and no crazy antics by either side.

I still don't think that the US and SK government has proven conclusively the Cheonen was sunk by a NK sub.

Back
Top Bottom