What's new

South Indian corner...

I like most of eastern/western parts of South india...
To summarize, there are good districts(nature wize) adjacent to the ocean...

But those districts of Tamil Nadu that border Kerala inland are also very scenic. Ooty, Kodaikanal etc all lie here, on the Nilgiris. Coorg is also completely inland.

Ok, since most of South India is good, let's then which are the worst districts of South India. :devil:

Ok, since most of South India is good, let's then which are the worst districts of South India.
haha...that might make the thread a troll feast...
Still i cannot resist to answer...
Most of Telangana districts(districts surrounding hyderabad), Most of the northern tamil nadu districts:devil:

Most of Telangana districts(districts surrounding hyderabad), Most of the northern tamil nadu districts:devil:

ROFL...will it be too early to say RIP thread?

I would agree with you. The Rangareddi-Yadgir region is the most impoverished area both in Natural beauty and human wealth, IMO.

Valparai, especially in monsoon.

valpara_210.jpg

valpara_252.jpg

PS_189_2_fl.jpg

14878d1286518655-kodiakanal-valparai-top-slip-trip-report-dsc05213-1.jpg

Last edited:
Actually the Western Ghat section throughout is amazingly beautiful. This is the Maharashtrian Sayadhri.

Torna
torna-trek_32.JPG

torna-trek_30.JPG

copyright Amit Kulkarni

Just an addendum: Valparai isn't a district. It's part of Coimbatore District. You've been there?
Yeah been there, it is never ending Tea heaven. It is extremely beautiful. Went in monsoon. The mist and the green valley, was drop jawed most of the time. You could see dozens of waterfalls from everywhere.

@Hermione I've been to most parts of Western Ghats along Karnataka and Kerala and the Nilgiris. Haven't found a chance to explore the Maharashtrian sections though.

LOL...South Indian Corner?! I'm sure the Forum has run out of corners.

Here's my first question to all South Indians: Which is the most beautiful district(in terms of Nature) in S.India?

Anywhere in Kerala.

It's te most obvious answer.

We have the tourist accolades to prove it.

:smart:

@dontsuspendme Araku is again not a district. It's part of Vishakapatnam district. Eastern Ghats are scenic in many parts too.

@Indischer The Maharashtrian part of it is drier compared to the Southern part, but in Monsoon is equally glorious or perhaps more so.

This guys's blog has most of the forts in Maharastrian sayadhri covered. For some reason some pages do not open, but I have seen most of them. They are amazing.

Chandra Tal (Lake): : Rajgad Trek

Anywhere in Kerala.

It's te most obvious answer.

We have the tourist accolades to prove it.

:smart:

You've to see Coorg & Chikmagalur once, Ravi. Lots of potential left untapped. While everyone knows Ooty and Munnar, places like these surprise us the most as we expect much little from them.

You've to see Coorg & Chikmagalur once, Ravi. Lots of potential left untapped. While everyone knows Ooty and Munnar, places like these surprise us the most as we expect much little from them.

It's not just Ooty. we have.

Kovalam beach. The houseboats of the interior.

Without sounding snooty, I would say Kerala has the most frequency of picturesque locations :smitten:

Coorg is awesome in pics have to visit there someday.

Back
Top Bottom