What's new

South Indian corner...

I doubt you can find anything thats only made in south india...
There is raagi mudde or ittu. I do not think anyone other than kannadigas eat it.

dsc01070.jpg

There are not many restaurants that serve South Indian food here :(

What kind of veggies do people eat in common day to day life ?

When I go to Indian restaurants in new Zealand, they do have a separate section for South Indian.

@cloud_9

That looks nothing like the Menu that I have seen in the restaurant I have been in.

Where did you get that from?

@cloud_9

That looks nothing like the Menu that I have seen in the restaurant I have been in.

Where did you get that from?
That's Rasa and Roti Chennai's Menu....the former is considered as the best in South Indian food in Welly.

Half-half. Mom is tamil, though I cannot really speak Tamil.

Wait, so what's the other half? :unsure:

That's Rasa and Roti Chennai's Menu....the former is considered as the best in South Indian food in Welly.

If you don't mind, would you mind posting pics of your favorite Punjabi food?

:partay:

@cloud_9 Too dman many southies in this forum I say.

Have a ponder through this list

South Indian Subzi Recipes, South Indian Vegetable Dishes, South Indian Curry Recipes, Tarladalal.com | Page 1 of 10

Last edited:
Wait, so what's the other half?

Actually dad is Kannada, mom is a Tamil speaking Naidu, maternal grandma was a Saurashtrian brahmin, and I grew up in Mumbai. I can just about manage 4 languages, English, Hindi, Kannada, and Marathi. I am not proficient in any language.

Actually dad is Kannada, mom is a Tamil speaking Naidu, maternal grandma was a Saurashtrian brahmin, and I grew up in Mumbai. I can just about manage 4 languages, English, Hindi, Kannada, and Marathi. I am not proficient in any language.

Quite a mix you have there :tup:

The only family member that left Kerala was my father when he went to work as a telecommunications guy in Bahrain for Cable & Wireless after serving 15 years in the Indian Navy as a radio operator.

Back
Top Bottom