What's new

South China Sea Forum

The different is China is not disputing the sovereignty of Aleutian Island. While the Sea in SCS is disputed. Also, the Chinese transit thru Aleutian strait through Innocent Passage, while the US transit thru planned bearing.

Under International Law of the Sea, Innocent Passage would be granted if a country transit thru another country territorial water given the bearing is for a simple transfer. For example. If one want to pass thru Panama Canal (Which is international water DOES NOT belong to Panama, as it was neutralized international waterway), one have to pass thru Panama Territorial water to be able to access the canal, thus an innocent bearing is granted.

International Waterway works in 3 levels.

Strait - Such as Aleutian/Bearing Strait
Canal - Such as Suez Canal and Panama Canal
Rivers - Some River also designated International waterway

International Waterways legal definition of International Waterways

What Chinese did in Aleutian is completely different than what the US ship did in SCS, the Chinese have the international right to access the Aleutian strait, which mean even if they are to enter US territorial water without notified and granted permission of the American, as long as they are to transit from Aleutian to the other end and enter Russia Water, US cannot do anything to them, if US fire on Chinese ship entering Aleutian Water under innocent passage, US would have committed war crime.

On the other hand, there are no restriction on SCS as they are not Canal nor Strait that was internationalized waterway, the claim, is that they are sole territorial water of China, but by allowing the US ship to transit under constant bearing, the Chinese could be seen as relief on duty of care to their alleged border. That is not the same as entering someone else water for innocent passage to the canal or strait. It was a challenge to disputed territories.

“It was a challenge to disputed territories.”
I agree to this point, exactly it's a challenge to Chinese territory. Unfortunately, US can not provide any actual solutions or proposals with this issue by sending warship.

See my above post ... China Coast Guard welcome old friends coming .
Haven't I said that's not good enough?US will patrol our territorial waters again,mark my words.

Last edited:
Look,we don't need a US intrusion to boost our construction in those islands.It's a ridiculous exuse.One don't need to be invaded to realize how important military power isThe point is always about the Territorial seas.And that is always the US want to deny about.Constructions in those islands don't have much to do with the problem.
Didn't Sun Tzu said "In times of peace prepare for war". It's peace time now. I think China's military leaders should be building at break neck speed now. During war time you will not have the time to build and test out equipment.

It is true. I think only Qing emperor Qianlong knew the importance of buffer zones.

Actually I am surpised that your top officials did not come up with any thing that prevented this from happenning. Beyond cowardness, It also shows the inability and lack of tactics of your military decision maker.

Maybe the world has overestimated the strength of Chinese military machines.

That is a possibility, but then they may be applying Sun Tzu's "rules".

I don't know why some Chinese think that all we need to do is keeping construction in those islands,then US will stop their patrol in our territorial waters and the problem will be somehow magically solved.It is really stupid as hell.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Thanks to PLAN's soft touch, agreed by many of your PDF member, Japan will just send a similiar fleet to your disputed South China islands in the near future.

China is a mature country, you ought to know the consequences. Sailing through a weak nation's sea territory is not uncommon in this world.
Actually I am surpised that your top officials did not come up with any thing that prevented this from happenning. Beyond cowardness, It also shows the inability and lack of tactics of your military decision maker.

Maybe the world has overestimated the strength of Chinese military machines.

That's what US wants the underdogs to feel.

I don't know why some Chinese think that all we need to do is keep constructiong in those islands,then US will stop their patrol in our territorial waters and the problem will be somehow magically solved.It is really stupid as hell.

Indeed it is really stupid to think building these massive artificial islands is for the purpose of 'stopping US patrolling in the SCS lol. The US was patrolling here since WWII with impunity, since before the Asia Pivot, but now they do it with China's physical presence there. The US can keep patrolling like they've done for decades, but now with these permanent islands it is reminder that China is here to stay.

The great thing about these islands is that they are multi-functional. They are fully capable of being military bases, supply/refuel stations and also great for surveillance. Recall that these islands did not exist 2 years ago, and now they are the by far the largest and will be the most functional islands in the SCS.

I don't know why some Chinese think that all we need to do is keep constructiong in those islands,then US will stop their patrol in our territorial waters and the problem will be somehow magically solved.It is really stupid as hell.

We must be sure to hurt them bad when we hit back.

Haven't I said that's not good enough?US will patrol our territorial waters again,mark my words.
You must be too young or being a female.

Indeed it is really stupid to think building these massive artificial islands is for the purpose of 'stopping US patrolling in the SCS lol. The US was patrolling here since WWII with impunity, since before the Asia Pivot, but now they do it with China's physical presence there. The US can keep patrolling like they've done for decades, but now with these permanent islands it is reminder that China is here to stay.

The great thing about these islands is that they are multi-functional. They are fully capable of being military bases, supply/refuel stations and also great for surveillance. Recall that these islands did not exist 2 years ago, and now they are the by far the largest and will be the most functional islands in the SCS.
But you see,The problem is still there.Do China accept that US can patrol in our territorial waters?What you have said doesn't have much thing to do with the problem which discussed in this thread.
I haven't said the constraction is of no use.It is useful but not gonna stop USA somehow magically.

We must be sure to hurt them bad when we hit back.

You must be too young or being a female.
Instead of talking about my age and gender.I think you should concerntrate in the problem that discussed here.

Last edited:
Two Chinese warships chase off US warship.

Chinese Defense Ministry: Two Chinese Navy vessels have warned US warship USS Lassen as it sails in South China Sea.

CSVEs6ZUkAEo_WQ.png
haha, so the mighty US navy ran off like a scared rabbit in the sea, what a shame !!! why not wait a few miniuts more for our ramming game?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom