What's new

South China Sea Forum

You forget that all of them were going to collapse. I think China and US will share same fate.
All empires rise and fall, and we are no different. We fell before and now we're on our way to the top again. Whether we rise or fall, you Viets are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The only reason why we even talk about you is because you're being pests in our steps.

Look in a history book Viet. Which great power in history did not expand their border? Or do you Viets prefer to live in a fantasy world?

- Persia
- Greece
- Carthage
- Rome
- Han
- Tang
- Umayyad
- Mongol
- Ottoman
- Spain
- Portugal
- Netherland
- British
- American

All of these went on a path of conquest. It's the natural cycle of rising powers.

It's good that you realize China is as imperialistic as those great power used to have. So why do the chinese government and most of those mainland chinese continue hypocritically condemning Japanese trying to playdown what they've done in WW2 to most east asia, While at the same time the chinese themselves playdown the history of China conquering Vietnam, East Turkestan, and Tibet at its height of power?

It's good that you realize China is as imperialistic as those great power used to have. So why do the chinese government and most of those mainland chinese continue hypocritically condemning Japanese trying to playdown what they've done in WW2 to most east asia, While at the same time the chinese themselves playdown the history of China conquering Vietnam, East Turkestan, and Tibet at its height of power?
Playdown history of conquering Vietnam? We're quite proud of it. As far as your "East Turkestan" goes, Han people settled in that area long before the Turkic tribes arrived. As far as Tibet, we inherited the borders of Republic of China, our previous government and we drove out the leeching monks preying on the Tibetans.

I don't hold anything against Japan for the atrocities, and I certainly don't care if they deny it. It makes it that much easier when we repaid them in blood.

Look in a history book Viet. Which great power in history did not expand their border? Or do you Viets prefer to live in a fantasy world?

- Persia
- Greece
- Carthage
- Rome
- Han
- Tang
- Umayyad
- Mongol
- Ottoman
- Spain
- Portugal
- Netherland
- British
- American

All of these went on a path of conquest. It's the natural cycle of rising powers.

The problem for China is Vietnam is not a easy meal as history shows.

The problem for China is Vietnam is not a easy meal as history shows.
No, it's not easy to hold on to, but it can be conquered. Besides, we don't want you anyway. The only reason you appear on our radar is because you sit on a few islands that we claim.

All empires rise and fall, and we are no different. We fell before and now we're on our way to the top again. Whether we rise or fall, you Viets are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The only reason why we even talk about you is because you're being pests in our steps.

China is going to split in to many countries, is good for peace of world.

Playdown history of conquering Vietnam? We're quite proud of it. As far as your "East Turkestan" goes, Han people settled in that area long before the Turkic tribes arrived. As far as Tibet, we inherited the borders of Republic of China, our previous government and we drove out the leeching monks preying on the Tibetans.

I don't hold anything against Japan for the atrocities, and I certainly don't care if they deny it. It makes it that much easier when we repaid them in blood.

When Japan conquered China, Manchuria was independence state, good for you Manchu boy, and you can claim that you are Manchuria citizen, based on your father-blood line.

Don't drink Agent Orange too much. However, Vietnam being bombed back a few decades is a very real possibility.

When Japan conquered China, Manchuria was independence state, good for you Manchu boy, and you can claim that you are Manchuria citizen, based on your father-blood line.
Japan never managed to conquer China. At best they only held about 1/3 of Chinese territory before their defeat in WWII. By blood, I am only 1/4 Manchurian, thus I am an ethnic Han. I understand you have a poor education system in Vietnam and you're royally stupid because of it. I don't blame you.

And that's why China will only recieve hostility and suspicion from neighbouring countries, especially with ASEAN, Japan, and South Korea. All talk of "peaceful rising", yet glorifying and proud of the imperialistic past of China of conquering Vietnam.

As far as the tendencies goes, most Chinese don't regret anything about their past of conquering other regions/countries and always justifying them by saying it is "part of China since ancient time". I'm shocked by how many of my Chinese friends boasting proudly of the failed attempt of the Yuan Dynasty (Mongolian actually) to conquer Japan. Even claiming that should there were no typhoon back then, Japan would be part of China now.

This chauvinistic attitude by Chinese would naturally in turn invites hostilities, yet the propaganda by the Chinese government always protray those foreign countries (especially Japan and America) as the "evil" countries trying to make enemies to China. Your reply of "proud of conquering vietnam" actually confirm this tendencies.

FYI, I'm Chinese literate and constanly pass by to watch news and television programs aired on CCTV and Phoenix TV, and I could guaranteed 100% that they're all full of chauvinistic messages there constantly feeding the Chinese public of how noble/great the Chinese are since ancient time and how evil/treacherous the foreign countries are (especially Japan).

People´s daily and Global times are two examples how China sees the world.

China is as victim, others are the bad guys. At present they love to thrash and throw rubbish on Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and America, because of disputes in the East and South China Sea.

These Viets have no concept of mid-course guidance, thus they keep bragging about 300km range despite they do not have the capability to attack target at that distance. They do not understand the target needs to be illuminated by a radar and positional data fed back to the missile during its flight.

(source: Internet)
The Yakhont-type antiship missile is designed to combat naval surface-ship groupings and single ships under heavy fire and electronic counteraction.

After launch, Yakhont's SS-N-26 early descent to a low altitude, combined with its supersonic speed and seaskimming flight mode in the homing phase, make it possible to avoid detection and tracking of the missile by even the target's most sophisticated air defense systems.

The missile is noted for:
- over-the-horizon range;
- true "fire-and-forget" performance;
- flexible flight path ("low", "high - low");
- supersonic speed at all flight phases;
- multi-platform capability permitting their use by surface ships of all major classes, submarines and ground-based launchers.

yakhont.png

yahont_4.jpg

qp-yakhont.jpg

Deal with these::azn:

China Fishery 312

015119fdm3d6883iw88a7p.jpg

015150bv3rirrrxcduiovc.jpg

015138qtdgqtqw2q07iqrw.jpg

CMS 9020

021649om5tjzedsat6m3wm.jpg

0218277sv414zww6i1f1sf.jpg

Four CMS ships that joined the fleet in the last month or so:

CMS 110:

0719512zgd2d2n5k22q2kf.jpg

CMS 137(departed for Diaoyu Islands 28.11.2012):

072228epuj87ehv4okp7ja.jpg

CMS 168:

0119326azynpnjnt3tjhz4.jpg

CMS 169:

011818893lkk2ix19kzhc2.jpg

China broke up several times in the history. What's big deal?

Much to your horror, you may not have the history knowledge that every time China broke up, it reunified with bigger territory.

And what is relevant to your Viets is that many times China reunified, Vietnam became a province of China.

The oldest being when Qin dynasty broke up and Han unified China, Vietnam became China's province (under first Chinese domination in 111 BC, as your history called it).

Whereas the 4th Chinese domination of Vietnam (again as you call it), this is when Ming Dynasty chased out Yuan after China broke up and Vietnam thought it was the time to make trouble, and it ended up being China’s province.

Often, when Vietnam became part of China, its civilization got an unprecedented boost. Of course, it is not to deny that there were many instances that Viets were suppressed by their rulers, just as there were more instances that ordinary Chinese were suppressed by their rulers.

China publishes 1st official map of Sansha city

BEIJING, Nov. 25 (Xinhuanet) -- The first official map of the newly-established city of Sansha is now available in major bookstores across the country. It is the first map that reflects the geological information of China’s Sansha City and South China Sea islands in a comprehensive, accurate and specific manner.

The map has been verified by a unit in charge of surveying, mapping and navigation under the General Staff Headquarters of the People’s Liberation Army and was approved by the General Administration of Press and Publication.

The map shows the geological locations, oceanic terrain, natural resources, marine and land transportation, airports and harbors as well as administrative boundaries of the city and the islands. Images of Yongxing Island, where the Sansha city government is seated, is emphasized in the map.

China publishes 1st official map of Sansha city - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom