What's new

South China Sea Arbitration News & Discussion

Read the issue at hand again genius, nobody is stopping china from using SCO, they are only going to treat it as international waters giving zero fvcks to chinese claims of territorial claims.Oh, I am only here because I find the hypocrisy in this thread very interesting.
But wasn't this always the case? So why the ruling? Are you saying, their efforts have gone to waste?

Lol...I'm loving this...Chinese members getting flustered and bringing up the nsg lol:rofl:
Lol, you're just making yourself feel happy. Chinese still are there tight as ever. At the end of the day, it's the Chinese that still own the islands. The ruling was utter useless.
Btw, how was the NSG?

You seem really happy. Did you recommend to Modi to throw the Chinese our of SCS? :rofl: let me hear your thoughts. :laugh:

This is what essentially happened...

China: The entirety of the SCS is ours.

Asia: No, it is not.

China: Yes it is.

Asia then petitioned for the opinions of outsiders. It does not matter if China was a participant of that petition. What the rest of Asia want was the opinion of other people. It does not matter if the UN can enforce its decision or not. Everybody know the UN cannot. The point here is that Asia want China to know that China is basically alone. No thief can point to other thieves to justify his own actions.

There is no 'damage' other than to China's image.

Read the ruling. China agreed to UNCLOS, with reservations regarding cases involving Chinese sovereignty. This case does not, since China is only standing upon "historic rights", not "historic title" or sovereignty. Thus the mandated arbitration process applies.

Arbitration can only take place if both parties have agreed to it.

From
http://www.manilatimes.net/psst-all-superpowers-usually-ignore-international-verdicts/273798/

I REALLY hope the $30 million (P1.4 billion) I was informed we, taxpayers, spent for the legal fees and expenses of the eight top-notch international lawyers and their staff who prepared our case against China in the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) turn out to be well spent.

Not only did they manage to get the PAC to redefine the standard meaning of “arbitration,” which for centuries had been defined as procedure in which two parties agree to a third party to settle their dispute. Now, it seems, “arbitration” can be a unilateral arbitration.

SCS has become Surrendering point for US Navy.....:lol:

WAKE ME UP WHEN THAT HAPPENS AND YOU CAN SAIL SHIPS In US WATERS LIKE USA DOES OVER SCS TILL THEN READ JACKIE CHAN NOVELS

ok,thank you, we'd like to spend the money this way as we see fit, thanks for not stopping us, btw we don't want to stop USN as long as we can use the islands freely and the natural resources of our own.

THERE ARE NO RESOURCES ON THE ISLANDS BUT AROUND THEM AND VIETNAM HAS INVITED MANY PEOPLE TO DRILL THERE WHILE CHINA HUFFS AND PUFFS

HECK EVEN TAIWAN SHOWS YOU TWO FINGERS

Last edited:
China is acting like the regional bully just because it has a big military it feels it can do and act how it desires but it will only result in Asia vs China if it continues.

WAKE ME UP WHEN THAT HAPPENS AND YOU CAN SAIL SHIPS IS US WATERS LIKE USA DOES OVER SCS TILL THEN READ JACKIE CHAN NOVELS

THERE ARE NO RESOURCES ON THE ISLANDS BUT AROUND THEM AND VIETNAM HAS INVITED MANY PEOPLE TO DRILL THERE WHILE CHINA HUFFS AND PUFFS

HECK EVEN TAIWAN SHOWS YOU TWO FINGERS
I'm not denying Veitnam and other countries drilling around waters nearby their claims and we cant stop that for sure. So we can only focus on what we can do, which is to built up bigger driller like 981 and drill in far sea. Besides, there are much much more and most valuable resources other than oil remain intact under deep water that none of us can explore for now, that's why we develope so many underwater drones and manned deep submergence vehicle like jiaolong. We should prepare for the future to grab the largest cake than focus only on oil drilling. We certainly try to gain upper hand by some tech advantages, after all, we admit the reality and take only what we can get.

China is acting like the regional bully just because it has a big military it feels it can do and act how it desires but it will only result in Asia vs China if it continues.
US has been acting like a globle bully like for decades, what happened? Besides, ther's no such thing as asia vs china, different countries have different interests, even some southeast asian countries like Cambodia spport china

China said it neither accepts nor recognizes the tribunal's verdict
IMO, China should accept it since UN has been very fair to China, recognition of Taiwan is one such issue.

Experience life with the stars
Ad Sky City By Oberoi Realty
Pls edit out these ads before you post articles. Its distracting. :)

For India, it was a sweet verdict, because it was recently stifled by China at the Nuclear Suppliers Group. So the verdict by the UN-appointed international court of arbitration was greeted with much satisfaction by New Delhi.
Why do i feel that this is how Modi might have looked after the verdict was out>>> :devil:
Lol

SOUTH CHINA SEA DOES BELONG CHINA!!

When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Glad to see we finally agree on that international common water way. I don't want to hear anymore of your western bias when our ships operated in international water,

I don't think anyone cares what You wish.
The statement would make a little more sense if I actually ever commented about Chinese ships
in International Waters.

Heh you speak as if Asia is one single entity and they're united behind your retarded ***.

Oh so who supports Chinese stance on the SCS in Asia? Australia, Japan, Vietnam, Brunei, Philippines, the list goes on .. just countries like Pakistan would but others are not.

Regarding UN:

UN distances itself from Permanent Court of Arbitration

http://english.cri.cn/12394/2016/07/14/2743s934198.htm

Regarding Taiwan:

Taiwan sends warship to South China Sea after rejecting tribunal ruling

http://interaksyon.com/article/1302...uth-china-sea-after-rejecting-tribunal-ruling
PCA is different from ICJ, and ICJ is UN's not PCA. But did UN ever say the ruling of PCA is invalid?

UN is simply clarifying the wrong perception that PCA is ICJ and for those who do not know, there are 4 means of settling a dispute in UNCLOS:

1. by ITLOS
2. by ICJ
3. by an ad hoc tribunal
4. by special tribunal

PCA falls under #3 so there you have it.

That is how you Chinese propagandists twist the facts.

PCA is different from ICJ, and ICJ is UN's not PCA. But did UN ever say the ruling of PCA is invalid?

...BS stuff..

That is how you Chinese propagandists twist the facts.
The International Court of Justice said that. china just repeated what International Court of Justice said. Philippine and Japanese propagandas always hide this fact on every news. UN never say this ruling is valid either. Don't live in the dream and delusional rhetoric too much my pinoy friends!

The U.S. makes no such claim: the U.S. presence in Antarctica is governed by the Antarctic Treaty System, which China ratified thirty years ago. The U.S. established and maintains Amundsen-Scott science station at the South Pole, which also operates under the ATS. Its presence does not establish any "claim" to the South Pole, it's appearance on any maps notwithstanding.

Are you saying that if the U.S. agrees to let China have the SCS, China will agree to give the U.S. an entire continent?

I am saying SCS is not a business of the US

The International Court of Justice said that. china just repeated what International Court of Justice said. Philippine and Japanese propagandas always hide this fact on every news. UN never say this ruling is valid either. Don't live in the dream and delusional rhetoric too much my pinoy friends!
China is a party of the Permanent Court of Arbitration. The PCA determined it has jurisdiction over the dispute because China is listed as a party to it.

It has the authority with regards to maritime entitlements.

No amount of obsfucating by Chinese propagandists will diminish the fact that it is now proven beyond dispute that the 9 dashed line has no legal basis in international law.

PERIOD.

China is a party of the Permanent Court of Arbitration. The PCA determined it has jurisdiction over the dispute because China is listed as a party to it.

...BS stuff..

PERIOD.

yes, China is party of PCA under terms and its scopes. However, sovereignty is out of the scope of PCA, hence China is not a party when PCA is not in its limits. For example, when PCA is bias or ill-will, I believe no country, as responsible country, will want to be a member of it in this case.
Your comments with the word "party" made me recalled the so called party of PCA, all members of ruling does not have any Chinese person in the ruling, how can I say it is party of china? If we swap out the Japanese one with a Chinese person then I will say yes. otherwise, I can only say PCA at this time is just a party of Japanese. again, Philippine and Japan propagandas always hide these details in news. THAT IS how Philippine and japan propagandas are misleading the press.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom