What's new

South Africa asks Indian producer to take back 1 million vaccine doses

India is already at good level of "herd immunity" and their cases, hospitalisations and deaths have now collapsed from what they were last September.

They are still chart toppers. Among the world most infected/effected nation. If they have become less dangerous among themselves, they are still very much so to the rest of world community. Virus is still incubating among this nation, should have been forcefully quarantined by the world community long time ago.

WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard | WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard

Last edited:
friend, please take your hostility to another thread.

if you are that displeased with indian etc ... make your own vaccine please then. Everyone will be greatful;
cheers.

If you want chinese go ahead.
With respect, I haven't criticised RSA's decision here. It's scientifically correct as the astrazeneca vaccine is not confirmed effective against the variant in question for mild-moderate disease.

I have merely responded to a needless provocation by an Indian user which ridiculed Pakistani policy and a proven effective Chinese vaccine. I actually regard my response as being directed against an attempt at promulgating fake news. I have only stated verified facts in my posts. Others may well be trolling, but I can assure you, I am relaying facts to actually dispel some of the fakery being touted here.

You're also right that astrazeneca are modifying their vaccine to be more effective against this variant. I hope it's successful because we need a vaccine against this variant as much as anyone else does.

Please stop this.

I suggest you take this personal bashing elsewhere.

Stop what? Taking mickey out of a nation whos state controlled media was running headlines at the start of the pandemic that "Pakistan will die of covid19". You dont understand these fkers, we do. So sit down.

Has anyone bothered checking South African news? They want the same vaccine but with a later expiry date as they will not be able to administer two doses in time.

Anyways, if Pakistanis here are so concerned they should also write to their Ministry and ensure that no Indian vaccine comes through for free to Pakistan through Covax. Have faith in the Chinese vaccine.

They are still chart toppers. Among the world most infected/effected nation. If they have become less dangerous among themselves, they are still very much so to the rest of world community. Virus is still incubating among this nation, should have been forcefully quarantined by the world community long time ago.

WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard | WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Dashboard

We have 2 domestic vaccines and the biggest ineternation supplier of all other vaccines in the world. You are what?

With respect, I haven't criticised RSA's decision here. It's scientifically correct as the astrazeneca vaccine is not confirmed effective against the variant in question for mild-moderate disease.

I have merely responded to a needless provocation by an Indian user which ridiculed Pakistani policy and a proven effective Chinese vaccine. I actually regard my response as being directed against an attempt at promulgating fake news. I have only stated verified facts in my posts. Others may well be trolling, but I can assure you, I am relaying facts to actually dispel some of the fakery being touted here.

You're also right that astrazeneca are modifying their vaccine to be more effective against this variant. I hope it's successful because we need a vaccine against this variant as much as anyone else does.

1 million doses for 350 million people is not policy, That's just pathetic,

Policy is foresightfully tying up with international vendors while promoting local development, fixing prices at Rs.200 a jab, training millions of people for rollout, executing it. You can't compare your 'policy' with ours.

accepted; i am tired of this nonsense - indian vs chinese; I dont care ... 6 family members dead.... these bat eaters vs piss drinkers; just fed up of their propaganda and lies.

development will continue for sure. base in on science

This forum is becoming their battlefield; if they have balls - then let them hammer it out in open field not obese chowmein/hakka kak keyboard warriors. If they want to be men, come to my farm, i will give them good exercises
Stop what? Taking mickey out of a nation whos state controlled media was running headlines at the start of the pandemic that "Pakistan will die of covid19". You dont understand these fkers, we do. So sit down.
listen friend.

I lost 6 family members to these bat eating fkers viruses. I have more pain to deal with.

That is why these asses piss me off too

As usual the hypocritic religious trolls.are here well lying (they know the news) and twist the news as much as possible.
I am actively waiting for Bharat Biotech Covaxin. The results of Phase 1 , 2 and early phase 3 had scientists excited. It's a one shot vaccine and for a country like India, that might be an major answer.

South Africa has asked the Serum Institute of India to take back the one million COVID-19 vaccine doses the company had sent in early February, The Economic Times reported on Tuesday, a week after the country said it will put on hold use of AstraZeneca's shot in its vaccination program.

Serum Institute of India, which is producing AstraZeneca's shot, has emerged as a key vaccine supplier. One million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine landed in South Africa last week and another 500,000 were due to arrive in the next few weeks.

The company did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

South Africa's health minister has said the government may sell doses of AstraZeneca's vaccine, after the country paused its rollout following a small clinical trial that showed it offered minimal protection against mild to moderate illness from the 501Y.V2 coronavirus variant dominant in the country.

AstraZeneca has said its vaccine appeared to offer only limited protection against mild disease caused by the South African variant, based on data from a study by South Africa's University of the Witwatersrand and Oxford University.

The African country, which is yet to launch its COVID-19 vaccination program, has decided to start vaccinating health workers with Johnson & Johnson's vaccine in the form of an "implementation study" with researchers.

Pakistan should buy it. Our incompetent govt is relying on charity

We have 2 domestic vaccines and the biggest ineternation supplier of all other vaccines in the world. You are what?

No one cares about gao mutra non sense. No one talks about your homegrown crap.

You are the top of charts when it comes to the most infected nation on the planet, and by that virtue, the biggest spreader of this virus. We in Pakistan have no issue, we have no dog in this fight, whatever we need according to our modest needs (in terms of our infection rates and its effect on our nation) , is provided by the top of the line Chinese vac, just like we airlifted, Pakistan manufactured Chloroquine tabs to China, free of cost, at the start of the pandemic.

So what's the deal then? I'm sure I heard UK govnt say the AstraZeneca still protects against the most severe symptoms of the various coronavirus strains.

No one cares about gao mutra non sense. No one talks about your homegrown crap.

You are the top of charts when it comes to the most infected nation on the planet, and by that virtue, the biggest spreader of this virus. We in Pakistan have no issue, we have no dog in this fight, whatever we need according to our modest needs (in terms of our infection rates and its effect on our nation) , is provided by the top of the line Chinese vac, just like we airlifted, Pakistan manufactured Chloroquine tabs to China, free of cost, at the start of the pandemic.

You don't even have your own vaccination program... lol chinese vaccine developed by china not pak ... so please stop beating someone's...

Their strain is different from the South Africa one.

Yeh but I think they said it still offers enough protection for you to not get the most severe reaction. Meaning you prob get hit harder by covid then other vaccines but will likely still live to tell the tale.

Back
Top Bottom