What's new

Sorry to open this thread. Bangladesh floating over oil.

Lighting_Fighter

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I read in a newspaper that bangladesh is floating over oil. I just read the headline and didn't go deep. Later I found nothing on that matter. Anyone who knows this matter please tell us in details. Now if this is true, we would not have to buy oil from other countries. Just think how much cash we will save and also export it. Please shed some light.

Bangladesh has no oil.

Don't get too excited now.

if it was that matter then india wont have given up on a separate state

yes they do have. Some found on the sylhet area but under the pressue of India bd could not get it but india is producing from assam.

Oil in Assam is almost over, Britishers found that , and later there in no major development in that part for oil discovery , even I heard news many time that BD -Assam part is (floating on) oil but it is not proved scientifically and un less and until it is not proved by couple of reputed institution around world , not company will gonna dig it .. so (dream) oil will remain under and we will keep floating on it.. there is nor conspiracy theory or geo-politics involved in it ...
There are many trigger happy dumb reporters who don't know "H" of hydrocarbon and there are many self proclaimed scholars on same. Finally what matter is billions of $$$ of investment in both digging it and for infrastructure which will come from big companies and they don't trust this reporters and (scientist)

To be honest every country on earth has either oil or gas.Because Forest and sea have been all over the world . Buried forests and Dead sea creatures under Earth's pressure and heat make oil,and one time or another during the earth's geological life,every dry land in this era has been under either of the two or both.

The main issue is financial...Can the oil be dug up feasibly enough to make profit out of it?
For example Siberia has more Gas and oil than all Middle east..But its too far away from sea and too hostile and without infra structure and for that reason oil from Siberia is way too expensive than Middle east oil.

Same goes for Bangladesh....If oil is there,it may be either too deep or Mixed with water,rendering it useless,or too expensive to purify.

Bangladesh has Natural gas but not too much oil as per my knowledge

To be honest every country on earth has either oil or gas.Because Forest and sea have been all over the world . Buried forests and Dead sea creatures under Earth's pressure and heat make oil,and one time or another during the earth's geological life,every dry land in this era has been under either of the two or both.

The main issue is financial...Can the oil be dug up feasibly enough to make profit out of it?
For example Siberia has more Gas and oil than all Middle east..But its too far away from sea and too hostile and without infra structure and for that reason oil from Siberia is way too expensive than Middle east oil.

Same goes for Bangladesh....If oil is there,it may be either too deep or Mixed with water,rendering it useless,or too expensive to purify.

Huuunh ! :blink:

When I was a kid, I read in a newspaper that bangladesh is floating over oil. I just read the headline and didn't go deep. Later I found nothing on that matter. Anyone who knows this matter please tell us in details. Now if this is true, we would not have to buy oil from other countries. Just think how much cash we will save and also export it. Please shed some light.

Bangladesh is floating over gas, not oil.

They say BD and Pakistan are the only Muslim nations without oil! The truth is that the nation must be pro-WCC, or its pro-WCC rulers so powerful and people so politically subdued that the oil becomes the property of WCC through the Oil Seven Sisters. Otherwise, that nation may either not know that it has oil, or may not be allowed through various modes not to exploit the resource.

They say BD and Pakistan are the only Muslim nations without oil! The truth is that the nation must be pro-WCC, or its pro-WCC rulers so powerful and people so politically subdued that the oil becomes the property of WCC through the Oil Seven Sisters. Otherwise, that nation may either not know that it has oil, or may not be allowed through various modes not to exploit the resource.

Huh, nope except GCC and IRAN there is hardly any muslim country which has significant amount of exporpatble oil.

Back
Top Bottom