What's new

Sonic boom

Keysersoze

Reaction score
We have had a few questions in a another thread regarding sonic boom. So I thought these pictures would be of interest to you guys.

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 147
  • sb2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 125
  • sb3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 110
  • sb4.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 100
  • sb5.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 110
Watch the video of a Fighter Jet Travelling through Sound Barrier

Last edited by a moderator:
more Videos...

Watch the video of a Fighter Jet Travelling through Sound Barrier

F-14 breaks the sound barrier 3 different times. This stresses the airframe to where the plane explodes after the tanks rupture!!!!

Moral of the story? quit dropping in and out of supersonic flight!

ANy fotos or Vids of the JF-17 and J-10 going sonic boom

lol any of you played Street Fighter? Guile fires the sonic boom from his hands :D

That doesn't even make any sense :D

I would love to see some nut photographer catch a video of a plane going sonic boom, from the front...

That would be a million dollar shot.

lol any of you played Street Fighter? Guile fires the sonic boom from his hands :D

That doesn't even make any sense :D

I would love to see some nut photographer catch a video of a plane going sonic boom, from the front...

That would be a million dollar shot.

Different "boom" bud. I'll try to find a few "boom shots" frontal view off the net. It's clearly visible from the front also.

How are you differentiating the two? They both generate the "halo".

a real "halo" generated by sonic barrier should be around the front of the fuselage or the front edge of main wings,while empennage actually has no chance to face a sonic barrier. when it is there,the sonic barrier already broken by the front part of the fuselage.

the one you see in the first video is by high-density cumulonimbus, wet air can make weeny water drops when it is pressed by an accelerating plane. whereas water fog during breaking through sonic barrier is generated by rapid decline of air temperature in the moment when the the plane just break the sonic barrier and air pressure is suddenly released (it's like piercing a piece of cloth with a needle, but slowly put stress on behind the needle),temperture reduction causes condensation of water contained in the air, which is always followed by a scrannel jar (sound travels slowly than light).

You mean like the vapor trails you see on wingtips on high 'G's?

I guess it's something like that. according to hydromechanics, wingtip confronts higher air pressure than the wing butt does, and there's consequently a turbulence from tip to butt of the wing. but supersonic is not always a prerequisite for every vapor trail.

let's ask Officer of engineer for professional explainations.

F-14 Tomcat

c84afb013237d6cad939279a18dc5720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom