Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Son of Dubai ruler dies of heart attack
By Web Desk / Reuters
Published: September 19, 2015
959697-rashidbinbinbinmhdbin-1442650019-596-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: KHALEEJ TIMES

Dubai announced a three day mourning period after the son of the Gulf emirate’s ruler passed away, the official state news agency WAM said on Saturday.

Sheikh Rashid, eldest son of the Prime Minister and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, suffered a heart attack on Saturday morning, the agency said.

During the three days of mourning, UAE flags will be flown at half mast,Al Arabiya reported. Sheikh Rashid, was a keen horse lover and was the owner of Zabeel Stables.

According to the Dubai Media Office, funeral prayers of the late Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum are to be held after Maghrib prayers at Zabeel Mosque in Dubai.

Dubai declares three day mourning over death of ruler's son
AP | REUTERS — UPDATED 38 MINUTES AGO
55fd30cea2ad8.jpg

A file picture taken on December 14, 2006 shows Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammad Al-Maktoum, son of Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and ruler of Dubai competing at the 15th Asian Games in Doha. —AFP
ABU DHABI: Dubai announced a three day mourning period after the 33-year-old son of the Gulf emirate's ruler passed away, the official state news agency WAM said on Saturday.

Sheikh Rashid was the first son of Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum and his senior wife, Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma al-Maktoum.

The United Arab Emirates state news agency WAM said Saturday that he died of a heart attack.

Sheikh Rashid was the eldest son of Sheikh Mohammad. Rashid's brother Sheikh Hamdan is the Crown Prince of Dubai.

Sheikh Rashid was an avid sportsman and horse racing enthusiast.

PM Nawaz expresses grief
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed deep sorrow over the sad demise of Sheikh Rashid.

Nawaz prayed for eternal peace for the departed soul and commiserated with the people and the government of UAE in this hour of grief.

Senseless comments by an idiot, i hope you dont represent iranians here.

I have no sympathy for terrorists and their supporters .

May Allah burn them in hell alongside their leaders for killing too many innocent people in Yemen , Iraq and Syria .

The last time I checked UAE was playing an important part in Yemen and Syria .

Just last night 32 civilians were killed in Fu'ah and Kafraya by GCC supported terrorists , leave alone execution of 60 prisoners in Idlib .

Its good to see those big belly sheikhs in GCC tasting what they're supporting in Yemen and Syria and as I already mentioned , I pray to see more no matter if the ISIS and Al Qaeda supporter mods in this forum ban me .

I feel your pain. Your judgement is clouded by inaccurate facts that entire populations would say inhuman things let alone do them like you are suggesting. My advice would be to again not blame someone you not to accuse people of a country by the actions of its government or its population. It will lead you nowhere.

Senseless comments by an idiot, i hope you dont represent iranians here.

He does. And the soonest you get that fact through your head the better things would be for your country.

He was a good sportsman and have a degree from prestigious military academy of UK.It is just quite unfortunate that he died due to cardiac arrest ,at this young age.

high level of triglyceride or cocaine.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom