What's new

Some notes on DRDO's PDV ballistic missile defence interceptor

The way DRDO keeps many asses burning is even more interesting than PDV test itself Well done DRDO.

hari bhai,,,ek baat kahe,,do u work in some dpsu?
Haha..Nahi yaar..I was an end of user of those DPSUs some time back..And to be frank, most of the time in my life, I was just pissed of in them..But hey, we should be fare in everything we do..
They do need some kick in their arses, which they received already, but blaming them for everything is just sheer injustice to them..
We change our reuqirements hundred times before we even see the already specified requirements met, then how will those DPSUs with limited manufacturing abilities be able to achieve or meet those requirements???They have some magic wand or what??Just wave it across and herewe go , a new Arjun commander's panoramic view..???

No, Arihant is actually in harbor trials awaiting sea trials and testing of K-15. Second SSBN will be launched soon. K-4 was tested once, will need to be test couple more times before it's fired from SSBN

K4 is tested more than once.

k4 has 3500 km range

3500 KM Range with 2 ton pay load.

On K series:

All the K-series missiles are faster, lighter and stealthier. The missiles are far more difficult to tackle as they skulk clandestinely undersea and manoeuvrable thus minimising the chance of being shot down by the enemy.

With a length of 12 meters and diameter of 1.3 meters, the missile weighs around 17 tonne and is capable of carrying a warhead of around 2 tonne.

India activates 'secret' undersea missile -The New Indian Express

Last edited:
Dude india cannot even make a fighter plane or a basic triner jet....endo and exo ...yeah right...

Any how we will talk about this after 40 years....
Watch this space
first make an helicopter not a gyro copter... Brahmos obsolete? ??? you must be kidding. ..

Dude india cannot even make a fighter plane or a basic triner jet....endo and exo ...yeah right...

Watch this space
first make an helicopter not a gyro copter... Brahmos obsolete? ??? you must be kidding. ..

Haha..Nahi yaar..I was an end of user of those DPSUs some time back..And to be frank, most of the time in my life, I was just pissed of in them..But hey, we should be fare in everything we do..
They do need some kick in their arses, which they received already, but blaming them for everything is just sheer injustice to them..
We change our reuqirements hundred times before we even see the already specified requirements met, then how will those DPSUs with limited manufacturing abilities be able to achieve or meet those requirements???They have some magic wand or what??Just wave it across and herewe go , a new Arjun commander's panoramic view..???
me toh bas itna keh raha hu ki humare psus have outlived there worth,,,they r dinosaurs in modern India.
ek baat batao,,,agar hal/ada/drdo/ofb yeh sab agar private sector ki hoti,,,toh kya unka performance aisa hota?

The way DRDO keeps many asses burning is even more interesting than PDV test itself Well done DRDO.
kya yeh kataksh mere liye tha? :cray:

I would like to quote from an interview with Admiral Arunprakash Of Indian Navy.......
"Let me go back to 1961 when the navy started the Leander project. It was a great leap of faith but today the navy owns the warship design, the warship building. They want any kind of warship to project any capability they can get it. Hopefully, soon we’ll be the same in the submarine business. So I had thrown this gauntlet right at the beginning: Why has the air force not taken ownership of everything that they need – from a basic trainer to a fighter bomber to a transport aircraft.
We’ve sunk money into the FGFA – PAK FA – which is already – three prototypes are already flying – the Russians have built it for their air force and we’ve sunk three or four billion US dollars into it – for what reason I don’t understand. So it’s committed. At the highest level of the government. So why is the air force allowing this to happen. Instead of doing all that, back the LCA. It’s got problems, sure, but here the chief test pilot who’s written a paper and his last words are ‘It’s a beautiful aircraft. Why don’t we back it – why don’t we back the LCA Mk II, and once again let me give you the navy’s example. The navy sunk 900 crores into the LCA Navy – the air force has not given them a single rupee. So if the air force had done it right at the beginning perhaps this stage would not have arisen. If you had shown enough interest, if you had backed it – meddled with it and interfered at every stage and made it go. This is only a personal opinion that we should not allow the LCA to fail. We should go on to LCA Mk II – the AMCA should also be a lead on from the LCA and then this whole thing will proliferate – we’ll have a trainer, aero engines – the whole industry. "
– Admiral (retd) Arun Prakash

me toh bas itna keh raha hu ki humare psus have outlived there worth,,,they r dinosaurs in modern India.
ek baat batao,,,agar hal/ada/drdo/ofb yeh sab agar private sector ki hoti,,,toh kya unka performance aisa hota?
Dear,
DPSU's have outlived their worth..???This is a very vague argument, without getting into all the problems they've had, they've faced and they've lived with in bringing out quality defence systems without much help from the rest of the world, passing on such an argument is Injustice to them..
Agar, HAL/DRDO/PFB/ADA ye sab private sector hoti, then today, there may not be a country called india to live in..
Because private companies just want to see profit..Nothing more, nothing less..It is just a game of profit..Tomorrow if those companies come up with an Idea, which could get them 100 times more profit from Pakistani government than whatever India is offering, they will not hesitate a second to open up a JV or tie up plant in PAK to supply them critical techs..All they work for is money...Too much of Privatisation is also not healthy my dear..
As of now, getting the private companies to do the manufacturing part alone is enough..That Is once all the standardisation of manufacturing procedures are achieved..They should be the mere replicators of what we say them to replicate..They should not be made to influence in the final design, because one day or the other it will backfire..
Even today, we lack infrastructure to manufacture, critical parts..I say we issue an RFP to PVt sector and get it done..Thats it..The design principles need not be shared with them..

Dear,
DPSU's have outlived their worth..???This is a very vague argument, without getting into all the problems they've had, they've faced and they've lived with in bringing out quality defence systems without much help from the rest of the world, passing on such an argument is Injustice to them..
Agar, HAL/DRDO/PFB/ADA ye sab private sector hoti, then today, there may not be a country called india to live in..
Because private companies just want to see profit..Nothing more, nothing less..It is just a game of profit..Tomorrow if those companies come up with an Idea, which could get them 100 times more profit from Pakistani government than whatever India is offering, they will not hesitate a second to open up a JV or tie up plant in PAK to supply them critical techs..All they work for is money...Too much of Privatisation is also not healthy my dear..
As of now, getting the private companies to do the manufacturing part alone is enough..That Is once all the standardisation of manufacturing procedures are achieved..They should be the mere replicators of what we say them to replicate..They should not be made to influence in the final design, because one day or the other it will backfire..
Even today, we lack infrastructure to manufacture, critical parts..I say we issue an RFP to PVt sector and get it done..Thats it..The design principles need not be shared with them..
bro,what about the private westrn defence firms,,,agar sab kuch bikau hota toh ab tak to chin sab kuch chap leta...or do u think Indians r any less patriotic?
moreover I think there r other sources better thn us to collect technology from,,,now dont say we make the best stuff n everyone is trying to steal it.:p:

about d 2nd part of ur post,,,I am no engineer but I think our manufacturing capability(or lack of it :p:) wud be under scrutiny only after product enters production phase,,,:what:usse pehle unka kya kaam?

kya yeh kataksh mere liye tha? :cray:

Ji Nahi Hazoor ye App ke liye nahi tha nahi ye aap par lagoo hota hai. Because your statements do not come out of envy but out of DRDO failing to keep their promises.

So is India looking to go war with Pakistan? since your new PM has come we didn't even heard anything.

We want peace so we are preparing for war.

Watch this space

Your knowledge about PDV and AAD is either outdated or insufficient.

The two-tiered BMD System consists of the PAD, which will intercept missiles at exo-atmospheric altitudes of 50–80 km (31–50 mi) and the AAD missile for interception at endoatmospheric altitudes of up to 30 km (19 mi).

The PDV is designed to take out the target missile at altitudes above 150 km (93 mi).[35] The first PDV was successfully test fired on 27 April 2014.

According to scientist V. K. Saraswat of DRDO the missiles will work in tandem to ensure a hit probability of 99.8 percent. On 6 May 2012, Dr. V. K. Saraswat confirmed that Phase-I is complete and can be deployed to protect two Indian cities at a short notice. He also added that Phase-I is comparable to PAC-3 system

India Successfully Test-Fires New Interceptor Missile

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom