What's new

Some notes on DRDO's PDV ballistic missile defence interceptor

My friends have filled the whole page with a very long list of very deadly sounding weapons systems which are all under developement and testing
These are the recent ones....
There is an older list (probably from 80s) of equally horrific weapons who are also under developement (still)....
This kind of proves my point...
Any how

My friends have filled the whole page with a very long list of very deadly sounding weapons systems which are all under developement and testing
These are the recent ones....
There is an older list (probably from 80s) of equally horrific weapons who are also under developement (still)....
This kind of proves my point...
Any how

No, Arihant is actually in harbor trials awaiting sea trials and testing of K-15. Second SSBN will be launched soon. K-4 was tested once, will need to be test couple more times before it's fired from SSBN.

Agni 4 and 5 are like one test from a canister away from being inducted. India's "western" counter part cant build an SSBN, SLBM, doesnt have longer range missiles, save it big boy.

We will see how many tests are conducted before they declare it a last test

By the way i was just stating facts as i see them.
There was no intention to hurt any feelings..
I wish DRDO all the success...but i do still think its not my well wishes which will come in the way of a operational BMD.....

Last edited:

I wish DRDO all the success...but i do still think its not my well wishes which will come in the way of a operational BMD.....

It may have been fact 10 or so years ago, not now.

as a relatively new member,I suggest you study more about Indian arms development program.you stated some flawed point which I want to highlight......

1. Nag-----Development is complete.so many times got tested.newer seekers and all.waiting for new Namika.its not DRDO's fault as Army now feels that they need new Namica vehicle.Helina(air version of Nag) is under testing.

2. Anti Balistic Missile Defence System-- Indian ABM is highly potent and has high success rate.AAD,PAD are ready and now PDV and longer versions are coming as suggested.we also use Akash for ABM role,which is also a DRDO made weapon.

3. Arjun--yup,a lot of delay.but IA is inducting Arjun MK-2 now.I don't know what did you meant by "Arjun Project is still running",but it is making advanced versions of it,not the basic version.

arjun_mk2.jpg

4.about Fighter jets,its HAL not DRDO who was involved.IAF's criteria changed a lot,plus sanctioned doomed us.we'll induct Tejas this year end.

5.Arihant-its getting harbour trials.

6.Brahmos-dude,you're comparing a subsonic long range missile with a supersonic short ranged missile??about that role,you should compare Nirbhay,like others suggested.plus,what Tomahawk has to do with you guys???

7. India l;acks R&D and reliable friends like yours.we had to make weapons of our own.it takes a lot of time.

I mean it will never b a functional weapon based on DRDO track record, which is producing low tech weaponary compared to their western counter parts and taking decades to do so...

I mean arjun tank is 40 year old project still on going...so is naag anti tank missile ...

Mind you these are weapon systems many countries producing...without much problems...

Just an arguement tomahawk cruise missile was functional in 1960s ...
DRDO has no counter part to this...

Now they are trying to build a technology with which even modern day america is strugling...

So yes i will have to see it to believe it
lets take the same logic and apply it to K4 SLBM, Arihant Nuclear Sub, Akash SAM, Shivalik Class Frigates, Delhi class destoyers, Agni I, II, III, IIIP, Sagarika, Pinaka MBRL,Rajendra FCM,BFSR-SR, Rohini, Shaurya etc.

I mean it will never b a functional weapon based on DRDO track record, which is producing low tech weaponary compared to their western counter parts and taking decades to do so...

I mean arjun tank is 40 year old project still on going...so is naag anti tank missile ...

Mind you these are weapon systems many countries producing...without much problems...

Just an arguement tomahawk cruise missile was functional in 1960s ...
DRDO has no counter part to this...

Now they are trying to build a technology with which even modern day america is strugling...

So yes i will have to see it to believe it

The same DRDO built nuclear submarine, SLBM, thermo nuclear weapon. America failed so no one can be successfull. Do you know that many of them in US are Indians and they are not madrasa educated!! lol

Actually as a pakistani you love to believe this. See our spacecraft reached Mars and even five years ago you said same about our space programmes.

You will be where you are now even after 50 years because you don't have any educational and social base for such high technologies.

Last edited:
Although i do not like to see your words..but you makes lot of sense...DRDO is just an white elephant...If countries are very small can produce basic weapns which DRDO can not provide.....
We Got Independence In 1947, funding for weapons related Tech (Serious Funding) started in Late 70's or 80's..The Bureaucratic set up and political decision making process was set up in such a way that, everything and anything was dead slow and Funding priority was given to basic industrial and civilian infrastructure building and not defence..Not unitll 1980's the real focus was shifted to defence build up..
Back then we had sanctions, we had funding limitations to set up infrastructure on our own, we had parliamentary restrictions that any considerable amount of funding for defence infrastructure was not given majority in parliament and thus no substantiate funding was done when it was required.
Those countries such as Japan, Singapore or any other developed country for that matter hadn't had these many diversities or these many obstacles before getting a project done..They were all small countries, with educated masses and very few legal restrictions to tackle with, where as in India A humongously large country with extremely different ethnic groups all trying to co exist, without restricting their own freedom of speech and existence and also have such varied harsh climates and extremely sensitive religious groups, it was almost an impossible task to unite them as one and rule them and make some progress bringing all of these people together without curbing their freedom and rights provided by constitution..
Sitting in the developed country such as USA and talking something about India is very easy for you but the fact is such developments gained after so much struggles and delays are also very laudable and commendable for us common Indians..
As we do lack in quick decision making, the governance has to be changed, defence PSUs need to be overhauled, pace need to be accelerated..But that doesn't mean that,the so called PSUs have got nothing for the country as of now...
It is because of the so called PSUs the country have gained strategically game changing Nuclear weapons..Nobody gave us the tech know how..It is because of the so called PSUs we are a space giant now and generating millions of revenue launching satellites of other countries and also self sufficient all communications.

First we should ask, do we have a rifle/pistol with latest technology that DRDO can provide? Then we can go for rest of the high end stuff..[/Quote]
When the basic rifles and pistols were available centuries before we even got independence, what is the point in developing them from scratch..We got licence built rifle versions, based on which we are developing our own versions..What is wrong in that which is also financially more economic.. when your country has millions of poor who do not have three meals to eat, we do not have the luxury of investing millions, in just a rifle tech build up..
Where as other critical techs such as Ballsitic missiles, SLVs, Nuclear reactors were all developed byt he same country..
Now you tell me with your American mind, is that difficult for a country to develop a Rifle/ Pistol which already haven atleast dozens of Balllistic and cruise missiles developed indigenously???

So is India looking to go war with Pakistan? since your new PM has come we didn't even heard anything.
Is that what you want?? You want to hear Indian PM to talk about War with Pakistan all the time??

We Got Independence In 1947, funding for weapons related Tech (Serious Funding) started in Late 70's or 80's..The Bureaucratic set up and political decision making process was set up in such a way that, everything and anything was dead slow and Funding priority was given to basic industrial and civilian infrastructure building and not defence..Not unitll 1980's the real focus was shifted to defence build up..
Back then we had sanctions, we had funding limitations to set up infrastructure on our own, we had parliamentary restrictions that any considerable amount of funding for defence infrastructure was not given majority in parliament and thus no substantiate funding was done when it was required.
Those countries such as Japan, Singapore or any other developed country for that matter hadn't had these many diversities or these many obstacles before getting a project done..They were all small countries, with educated masses and very few legal restrictions to tackle with, where as in India A humongously large country with extremely different ethnic groups all trying to co exist, without restricting their own freedom of speech and existence and also have such varied harsh climates and extremely sensitive religious groups, it was almost an impossible task to unite them as one and rule them and make some progress bringing all of these people together without curbing their freedom and rights provided by constitution..
Sitting in the developed country such as USA and talking something about India is very easy for you but the fact is such developments gained after so much struggles and delays are also very laudable and commendable for us common Indians..
As we do lack in quick decision making, the governance has to be changed, defence PSUs need to be overhauled, pace need to be accelerated..But that doesn't mean that,the so called PSUs have got nothing for the country as of now...
It is because of the so called PSUs the country have gained strategically game changing Nuclear weapons..Nobody gave us the tech know how..It is because of the so called PSUs we are a space giant now and generating millions of revenue launching satellites of other countries and also self sufficient all communications.

First we should ask, do we have a rifle/pistol with latest technology that DRDO can provide? Then we can go for rest of the high end stuff..
When the basic rifles and pistols were available centuries before we even got independence, what is the point in developing them from scratch..We got licence built rifle versions, based on which we are developing our own versions..What is wrong in that which is also financially more economic.. when your country has millions of poor who do not have three meals to eat, we do not have the luxury of investing millions, in just a rifle tech build up..
Where as other critical techs such as Ballsitic missiles, SLVs, Nuclear reactors were all developed byt he same country..
Now you tell me with your American mind, is that difficult for a country to develop a Rifle/ Pistol which already haven atleast dozens of Balllistic and cruise missiles developed indigenously???

Is that what you want?? You want to hear Indian PM to talk about War with Pakistan all the time??[/quote]
hari bhai,,,ek baat kahe,,do u work in some dpsu? :p:

Back
Top Bottom