What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is wrong with these traitors shooting at their own people?

I have to say the ones supporting This Coup (non Turkish) have changed their tune Now!!! o_O I suppose their hype got pricked. :lol:

All of the pro-coups should definitely to be hanged at Taksim square!

You don't tell your enemies where you are, especially if they have tanks, helicopters and fighter jets. The coup plotters have ordered a return to barracks and have surrendered.

It is a precaution. The US has a similar protocol, where the president is to be flown to a safe location, and his location is to be kept top secret, in the event of an attack.

Crap if the coup has failed then you must immediately tell the people you are in control like Gen M did. Not use a I-phone which means he is still not sure where he stands.

1. 29 retweets4 likes

2. The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m3 minutes ago
    BREAKING: 17 Turkish officers reportedly killed in helicopter attack on police special forces headquarters on outskirts of Ankara.

Was that the helicopter shot down? Terrible if true.

Key thing here, Erdogan had time after situation in Egypt. So he fed the security forces well, also organized a large armed civilian force just in case. Also his party has done well, besides what people perceive as foreign policy blunders.

Too early to tell though.

Army Special Forces Commander says that he stands with the people and opposes (and with him, the Turkish military) this attempt at a coup by some ''bandits'' within the Turkish military. He also says that the people should not worry as the situation is under control.

If the Special Forces publicly,via their commander no less,declare they are against you..good luck

Unlike Pakistan, the govt in Turkey is actually quite popular. In Pakistan, if the Army decides to attempt a coup tomorrow, hardly anyone would oppose it.

Thanks for the info captain obvious.

Unlike Pakistan, the govt in Turkey is actually quite popular. In Pakistan, if the Army decides to attempt a coup tomorrow, hardly anyone would oppose it.
In fact they will help the army and it's really sad :(

Was that the helicopter shot down? Terrible if true.

Key thing here, Erdogan had time after situation in Egypt. So he fed the security forces well, also organized a large armed civilian force just in case. Also his party has done well, besides what people perceive as foreign policy blunders.

Too early to tell though.
The helicopter was,reportedly, piloted by rouges and opened fire on Police Spec Ops HQ in Ankara martyring 17 officers. IF TRUE, then good riddance.

Proud Khaki ‏@Proud_Khaaki 3m3 minutes ago
A #helicopter has been shot down 3 minutes ago #Ankara #istanbul #prayforturkey

CncQtsaWcAUf8o1.jpg

The Atak T129.

I can't believe really I am so sad. Brothers killing brothers ! Army strikes Police with heavy munitions, killed 17 special Forces member. Police detains soldiers. F-16 strikes MIT. Land Forces closed roads ! Allahım neler oluyor böyle !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom