What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
coup in such a country/developed country/professional military has to be fast, blood less and strong otherwise its bound to fail...

No the only problem was the lack of chain of Command. Army personnels are very egoistic. If influential officers are left out of the plan, they are bound to launch a counter coup.

Any footage
Proud Khaki ‏@Proud_Khaaki 3m3 minutes ago
A #helicopter has been shot down 3 minutes ago #Ankara #istanbul #prayforturkey

CncQtsaWcAUf8o1.jpg

Yes but a PR war here on an internet forum being viewed by 300 people? What is there to gain by posting false information?

Not the forum.
the whole MEDIA.

You have no idea how easily info is manipulated by these news medias.

Sounds like another destabilization of a middle eastern country but the coup looks to be failing :coffee:

What kind of moron decision makers came up this? What were they thinking? Total failure. And for people that want it to succeed, you better hope otherwise. Because believe me when I tell you it will have domino effect.

Same thing they said when situation occurred in Egypt, next day, once coup succeeded, military officials were already meeting with Egyptian new leaders. Just playing on safe side right now.

It's clear to everybody who orchestrated this, like always. And the people of whole region have said enough.

IF YOU ARE RIGHT WHY WOULD THE PRESIDENT BE SO SCARED TO DECLARE WHERE HE IS HOLED UP? i THINK IT IS 50-50 AT THE MOMENT

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-turkey-coup-20160715-story.html

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in an interview over FaceTime with the CNN Turk, dismissed the military action as "an attempt at an uprising by a minority within our armed forces." His office declined to disclose his whereabouts, saying only that he was in a secure location.
You don't tell your enemies where you are, especially if they have tanks, helicopters and fighter jets. The coup plotters have ordered a return to barracks and have surrendered.

It is a precaution. The US has a similar protocol, where the president is to be flown to a safe location, and his location is to be kept top secret, in the event of an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom