What's new

Somalian pirates moving towards India: Coast Guard

Sri Lankan fishermen killed by Somali pirates

At least two Sri Lankan fishermen taken captive by Somali pirates in the international waters have been killed, an official said Monday.

"They are a group of five fishermen. We are now making arrangements to have the three others return to Sri Lanka," Narendra Rajapaksa of the Fisheries Ministry said.

Rajapaksa said they ventured into fishing on a trawler on Jan 4 and information on the deaths was received on Sunday.

In a similar incident Sri Lankan officials on Saturday said two fishermen taken by the Somali pirates on Nov 20 last year have been released and they will be sent back soon.

Sri Lankan fishermen killed by Somali pirates

Why would they not, India is a The Largest contributor in anti Piracy Mission Physically... Indian Navy with MARCOS have been Foiling almost every Mission of theirs....

We already know this...:smitten::smitten:

@topic:-

Good for IN , now they need to use those big guns which remains silent most of time..

on pirates boats made of woods :rofl::rofl:
WoW what a show of power its gona be :bunny:

Only about the underlined part:
The threat to Indian Merchant ships is not so great as most Indian cargo ships head North of Lakshadweep and then move closer to the coast. The threat is far greater to International Shipping which passes between Lakshadweep and Maldives and then onward South of Sri Lanka on the Europe-F.E. route.

The IN and ICG are mandated to provide protection to Indian Shipping but not to the rest of the world, that is optional.

I think your post is good except the last lines...if we need to control we give protection to all ships in our and nearby, else foreign navy may land there to spoil our control in IOR.. think differently else the loss will be heavy in future...:coffee:

haha i thought pakistan naby shud propvide supourt for somali pirate and capchar bharat coast gard and lines

How cute:smitten:

Do the somali pirates have such vessels to continue piracy near the Indian shores?

I think your post is good except the last lines...if we need to control we give protection to all ships in our and nearby, else foreign navy may land there to spoil our control in IOR.. think differently else the loss will be heavy in future...:coffee:

You have not got the drift of what i wrote. Read it again, especially the part which says mandated. As for control, you have to define that control.

Batao yaar, nahi to swim karke peecha kre pirates ka??

Wo kahawat to suni hogi, saw sunaar ki aur ek luhaar ki...:D

is misal mein kahawat ka naas mardo gay ap log

sunaar ki jagah lekri laga lo :tup:

Back
Top Bottom