What's new

Somali pirates hijack Emirates oil tanker in Indian Ocean

Pakchina

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
From Trend:

Somali pirates have hijacked a United Arab Emirates-flagged oil tanker in the northern Indian Ocean, the European Union's anti-piracy mission off Somalia.

The owners of the MV Jubba XX reported that the tanker was captured on Saturday on its regular route from the Emirates to the port of Berbera in Somalia.

EU NAVFOR said there was "no information on the condition of the crew," of 16 comprising five Indians, four Somalis, three Bangladeshis, and one national each from Sri Lanka, Sudan, Myanmar and Kenya.

The mission had received reports of nine suspected Somali pirates on board.

On Sunday the vessel was located by a maritime patrol aircraft north-west of Socotra Island, heading to the northern Somali coast, EU NAVFOR said.

Last week, the London-based International Maritime Bureau reported 266 pirate attacks from January to June, up from 196 cases in the same period last year. Of these, more than 60 per cent were carried out by Somali pirates.

The Emaraties will take care of it. It seems those pirates dont learn their lesson they did the same with a Saudi tanker a few here back we gave them the ransom money and as they were sailing away we blew them ip to kingdom come no pirate problem accord to Saudi ships ever since.lol

I just don't understand why does't somone one just bomb the sh_t of these bastards at their home... i bet you if their ever was a hijacked US cargo ship or oil tanker it would be the end of these monkeys.

What compensation will they demand from UAE in addition to Ransom ..? A floor for Corporate office in Burj-Al-Khalifa i guess..

On a serious note-These clowns have started a really good industry..Without patronage from some big player, its impossible to do piracy at such large scale..Something is fishy..

The Emaraties will take care of it. It seems those pirates dont learn their lesson they did the same with a Saudi tanker a few here back we gave them the ransom money and as they were sailing away we blew them ip to kingdom come no pirate problem accord to Saudi ships ever since.lol

Isn't there an agreement between strong islamic militia in somalia(al shahab or something)and pirates that they wont attack any saudi ships?

Why cant we bomb them what will happen if they hijack a passanger ship

I have an idea for the Somali hijackers through which they can earn more money than hijacking oil tankers and demanding money for it's release.

Let them kidnap our politicians specially the "big heads" and demand ransom equal to at least 70% of their wealth if not 100%. The per head amount will definitely be more than what the Somali Pirates get for the release of one hijacked oil tanker.

Managing a kidnapped human is a lot easier than managing a huge hijacked oil tanker and more money is earned, guaranteed!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom