What's new

Solve A Riddle.

A man lives on the 30th floor, every morning he takes the lift to ground floor to go to work, in the evening, when he returns, he often disembarks on the 25th floor and walks the stairs to his floor.
Why, ?

Man is too short to reach the 30 th floor button

He is a midget. He can't reach the buttons for last 5 floors. But he does get off on 30th floor on rainy days.

lol I see you already got it Bandit, man you are quick. ;)

Here are a couple of riddles i remember my teacher told us back in the good old days! They are alil lame but oh well....
Hopefully the answer will not be on google for these!! lol

1) There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

2)What is the longest word in the dictionary?

What is...

The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place

The answer is the letter 'e'

Last edited:
Here are a couple of riddles i remember my teacher told us back in the good old days! They are alil lame but oh well....

1) There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

So anyone know the answers to these? I am finishing work soon so will post the answer within 10/15 mins, unless someone gets it right :)

The first one is pretty difficult. The answer to the second riddle is actually quite a small word!!

The answer to the first riddle, starting with the base word is.... Startling - starting - staring - string - sting - sing - sin - in - I

The second answer is...Smiles (there is a mile between the two S's) !!!

My word is startling

- remove l -starting
- remove t - staring
-remove a -string
-remove r -sting
-remove t -sing
-remove g -sin
-remove s -in
-remove n -I
:cheers:

I am a word of five letters thus represent a source of food, if you remove my first letter, i am a source of energy, if you remove my first two letters, it's what most people enjoy, if you remove my first four letters, i become a drink. What am i.

I am a word of five letters thus represent a source of food, if you remove my first letter, i am a source of energy, if you remove my first two letters, it's what most people enjoy, if you remove my first four letters, i become a drink. What am i.

wheat....:D

Back
Top Bottom