What's new

Soldier of FORTUNE-untold Special Forces story

But theres something about the army hospitals that I dont like.I always detested going to one as a kid.Even R&R at Delhi doesnt meet my expectations. ... I know I might earn some brickbats for calling an AXE an AXE. But I had to say it..Army docs failed to earn my trust and thats one reason I skipped my AFMC exams.
@OrionHunter your 2 cents on this.
Agreed to an extent, but you can't tar all army doctors with the same brush!! Many are on top of their profession.

And why did you skip your AFMC exams? You should have become an army doc and tried to set things right! You shirked your responsibilities!! Jeeez! :fie:

Ladai ke maidan se bhag gayee? Didn't expect this from you Lavina! :(

Last edited:
But theres something about the army hospitals that I dont like.I always detested going to one as a kid.Even R&R at Delhi doesnt meet my expectations. ... I know I might earn some brickbats for calling an AXE an AXE. But I had to say it..Army docs failed to earn my trust and thats one reason I skipped my AFMC exams.

Well I heard my dad speaking very high about army hospitals and their professionalism (he was in paramilitary), Difference of opinion or difference of expectation????? I never been to a army hospital in my life so i cant say anything about it....

What battalion is he in?
Frankly I have no idea...i just know hes in para.He hardly talks about his postings and other stuff to his immediate family.And for us frens he posts a few pics in casuals on FB.

Agreed to an extent, but you can't tar all army doctors with the same brush!! Many are on top of their profession.

And why did you skip your AFMC exams? You should have become an army doc and tried to set things right! You shirked your responsibilities!! Jeeez! :fie:

Ladai ke maidan se bhag gayee? Didn't expect this from you Lavina! :(
Frankly I wasnt sure of the kind of training they would give me.I would have also got trained like a typical army doc.

Btw that would have happened IF i had cleared my AFMC exams.LOLzz

Well I heard my dad speaking very high about army hospitals and their professionalism (he was in paramilitary), Difference of opinion or difference of expectation????? I never been to a army hospital in my life so i cant say anything about it....
Just that my experience with army docs was bad. :)

But then many around me were also of the same opinion.

Frankly I have no idea...i just know hes in para.He hardly talks about his postings and other stuff to his immediate family.And for us frens he posts a few pics in casuals on FB.
Any idea if he is in SF or Airborne battalion? And yeah, Indian Military members aren't allowed to post pics of themselves in uniform on any form of social media.

Last edited:
Any idea if he is in SF or Airborne battalion? And yeah, Indian Military members aren't allowed to post pics of themselves on any form of social media.
Nope I know zilch.
I never bothered to ask him.He was always a bit reserved.He appears on FB once in a blue moon to wish on birthday.
If he msgs back, I'm gonna torture him with all these questions. :)

Nope I know zilch.
I never bothered to ask him.He was always a bit reserved.He appears on FB once in a blue moon to wish on birthday.
If he msgs back, I'm gonna torture him with all these questions. :)
haha, well good luck with that madam! I wouldn't expect him to be too forthcoming with the answers though, be sure to update us if you do get some answers ;)

What battalion is he in?
Mate, I know you are always very cautious but you are crossing the line here.It can land you up in trouble.Such questions about unit and deployment have got many people arrested recently.

haha, well good luck with that madam! It expect him to be too forthcoming with the answers though, be sure to update us if you do get some answers ;)

He wont reply I am sure and please dont ask him too...Army always keeps such people under watch.

I had kept my fingers crossed.I did not want this story to end at a sad note.I am glad that ppl like Sengar inspire others. :-)

Thanks for mentioning me here,otherwise I would have missed it. :-)

One of my fren is in para....let me just contact him. I am sure he might know about this. :)

Ya I am a Army brat aswell so I know what you are talking about.Recently a SF operator who was in ICU in a military hospital had his finger bitten off by a rat.

There!!!
@nair and @OrionHunter this is one reason why I could never trust an army doc or a nurse for that matter.:fie:
A one off incident and a first that has happened in an army hospital. A similar thing happened at a five star hospital in Chennai. Sometimes stuff happens. You can't base your judgement on an isolated incident. :P

A one off incident and a first that has happened in an army hospital. A similar thing happened at a five star hospital in Chennai. Sometimes stuff happens. You can't base your judgement on an isolated incident. :P
Naah i have heard of many such incidents,specially from the command hospital Lucknow.
I dont want to sully the reputation of our army docs but at times I do feel that they lack the right training and equipments.

(Try fixing an appointment with an army dentist you'll know what I mean.:P)

Naah i have heard of many such incidents,specially from the command hospital Lucknow.
I dont want to sully the reputation of our army docs but at times I do feel that they lack the right training and equipments.

(Try fixing an appointment with an army dentist you'll know what I mean.:P)
Ok, but doctors can't be blamed for rats visiting hospitals! It's the duty of the admin staff to ensure no son-of-a-rat gets the heck inside! 8-)

Ok, but doctors can't be blamed for rats visiting hospitals! It's the duty of the admin staff to ensure no son-of-a-rat gets the heck inside! 8-)
Should your OK mean that you're visiting a dentist in the command hospital soon?? :D

Should your OK mean that you're visiting a dentist in the command hospital soon?? :D
Me a dentist??? :woot: Naaah! :o: He uses little instruments to destroy one's teeth. I use the big ones to destroy the enemy! :D

Back
Top Bottom