What's new

So we don't deserve an appology?

Apology from who? Bangladesh will never apologize, they only blindly believe that it was Bengalis that were killed. Pak will not apologize for not taking back the Biharis. Pak can take in millions of refugees from Afghanistan (most of them criminals) but a few Biharis who defended and remained loyal to Pakistan were a burden on them. Be loyal and this is what you get.

very nicely put

We are nothing but keyvoard warriors.................Really our politcians are effing us up all the way from 60 +years .

We lost many loyal one due to them but what have we done as an individual in pratical .NOTHING :(

Lets hope we learn from our past that we need to Love the people of our country and respect their point of view.

Be a Muslims a Pakistani nothing more ..................

Long Live Pakistan :pakistan:

bihari who came to karachi, pakistan came on there own, and in this process , had to endure a long painful journey before they could reach pakistan, lost their properties. bengalis refused to gave money and said that as you guys leave, this property is meant to be occupied by us. urdu speakers were selectively targetted and my uncles and father are testiment to it, an urdu speaker couldnt tell tht he is non bengli otherwise he would be instantly kidnapped by muktis and tortured and killed, my materal grand father who was an engineer, was going to study his PHD in germaany, but soon the war broke out and muktis killed him in conspiracy to side with pakistan

bengalis were servants to our families and bengalis thought that because urdu speakers had an elevated status in their own bengal, they were responsible for being evil some how..

pakistan military promised to evacuate all pakistanis from bengladesh, but it never happened

my father was in karachi, so he has little terrible tales to tell but my mother says their family because they lost their only bread earner and all her brothers were in process of education didnt even have a room to live in and bread to eat, but some how they managed to stand up with hard work, today my uncles are engineers from ned, and living in US

Do we have any details list of causality of( Pakistan army, Indian army, east pakistan civilian armed Forces, Mukti Bahni, non bengali civilians ie Bihari and west Pakistani, Bengali civilians ) in this Bangladesh liberation war. Even total numbers of died peoples vary from 50000 to 250000 and plenty of exaggeration from Indian side.

I don't think there is any use of asking for apologies from each others and this blame game should stop it now. Its time for pakistani politician and Army general to learn something from this history event and they should stop giving such opportunities to our enemy to interfere in our affairs in order to weaken our strength.

For all those Pakistanis who only feel sorry for Bengalis today. Where is there sympathy for these people. Aren't they humans or their blood is somehow less worthy.

I cannot speak on behalf of others but i feel sorry for loss of any innocent life in this bad episode. For me life of east Pakistani(bengali or bihari) was not any less valuable than lives of west Pakistani

i posted this few Weeks ago

well the way i see it, I have a very personal relation to the events of 1971 even though i wasn't born then ,my family came from Calcutta west bengal to the then east Pakistan in Decca many left for Karachi after the event we went to mid-east from there to north America etc ,in short things were never the same again ,from what i could make out of this episode is first both west & east Pakistan could have been managed very well indeed it just needed effort, hard work, understanding & respect for each other but once accomplished it could have been very much possible & quite successful in fact. Now coming down to the mismanagement i believe mistakes were made by both sides by both the political heavy weights of east & west Pakistan as both of them had their share of fault's in it but mainly i will say ayub khans martial law followed by the neglect of the 70's floods by the west & finally Bhutto's impractical refusal to participate in the Dhaka assembly & accept the election result he should have sport fully conceded to mujib plus on the other hand sheikh mujib's persistent on the 6 point memorandum which needed some flexibility had he done so it would have eased some of the suspicion of the west then it could have been better more practical so to speak , & Finlay yahya's refusal to hand over power to sheikh mujib just hit the tip of the iceberg after which it was an unrepairable turn of events & from their on it was all down hill. Well anyway no use crying over a spilled milk Pakistan & Bangladesh should both forget the past let's bygones be bygones & both should be best of friends

to the whole event this phrase comes to mind

Yeh jabr bhi dekha hai taareekh ki nazron ne.........
Lamhon ne khata ki thi sadiyon ne sazaa payee.....

What about an apology for the 1 million Biharis killed by the Mukti Bahini in Bangladesh?

I am a Bihari, & my father & his siblings grew up in Bangladesh & did their early schooling there. Most of my Dad's side relatives were in Bangladesh as well pre-1971. I have felt the events of 1971 impact me directly. My avatar is of my uncle who was in the Pakistan Air Force in Chittagong, who was killed in April 1971 by rebels & received Sitar-e-Jurat. My Dad just about made it alive to Karachi from Dhaka in 1971, my family had to leave their houses & everything else to make it to Pakistan alive.

What happened in 1971 is done. No apologies from Pakistan. I am happy they got independence, & I am glad they are not part of Pakistan today. Germany did not apologize for the events that led to WW2, neither did the Soviet Union. And even in that case, it's different, because there were atrocities committed by both sides.

The people in West Pakistan were cut-off from the ground realities of the East, & did not know what transpired there. In a way, that makes them less to blame as well, as it was mostly the West Pakistan's government's responsibility for what transpired in 1971. But it is very easy for people like Imran Khan supporters today to be apologetic & easily move on, as they have not been traumatized by the events of 1971 like I have, my family has.

Bilal Bhai, its not 1 million, only over 1000 Biharis died in backlashes. Here is the proof from United Nations refugee Agency's.

UNHCR | Refworld | Chronology for Biharis in Bangladesh

During the civil war, there were many attacks on the Bihari community as they were seen as symbols of Pakistani domination. Bengalis reportedly killed over 1,000 Biharis. In December 1971, with the formation of the independent state of Bangladesh, the Biharis were left behind as the Pakistani army and civilians were evacuated to India.

Well, I understand the issues at the time.

The thing is, no international trial was ever carried out to prosecute either side (i.e. both Mukti Bahini and West Pakistani leaders). This is due to Cold War era complexities.

As far as the present go, the current Awami League regime will never see it that way. They still view Pakistan as a hostile nation. That, and a hopeless lapdog for India even today.

what about Pakistan?are not we get backstabed?are not Pakistan was cut like a piece of cake by its enemies?what about that?
ok we are ashamed of our actions and we accept our mistakes but all that mess was single sided?why at every 16th of december instead of mourning season of apology get started.
@Bangladeshi members
i hear that your govt is planning to hang all jamati leadership.what is truth?
by the congratulation for your independence,congratulation for preserving bangla culture and languge,congratulation for getting tagore back

@Bangladeshi members
i hear that your govt is planning to hang all jamati leadership.what is truth?

Yes, they are. Partly done to weaken opposition.

It's funny considering that there are Razakars already serving the current Awami League regime.

i am 100% bihari myself. "

Kaa baat karat ho babua. Tum bihar ke ho. Tab to tum hamaar gaanw ke ho. Badi khusee hui tohraa se mil ke. Uhaan pakistanwa me kaa karat ho? tum to culturally behari (Indian) ho. Budbak kahin ke. Arya Chaanakya bhi to bihari they.

Kaa baat karat ho babua. Tum bihar ke ho. Tab to tum hamaar gaanw ke ho. Badi khusee hui tohraa se mil ke. Uhaan pakistanwa me kaa karat ho? tum to culturally behari (Indian) ho. Budbak kahin ke. Arya Chaanakya bhi to bihari they.

A song dedicated to all 100% Biharis on PDF. This song is one of my most favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ang-bang-kalinga. (Bihar-West Bengal,Bangladesh/ Orissa) Three major cultures, proud heritage of India

Dear LaBonG

how can you say that bangladesh hasn't done anything against pakistan and themself's Interest in Eastren Pkaistna now called ( Bangladesh ). they accompanied the Indian mukti bahinis... So as they done ..now they are getting that fruitfull results of traiting pakistan..Now they know the Value of Pakistan in South Asia..india has Subdued all the other junior and small countires Such as ( Nepal, Bhutan, Srilanka, Bagladesh, And maldivies ), but can't subdue Pakistan, don't even think about that...

there are only 2 players in South Asia. India, and the pakistan ..

never underestimate ur enemy..r opponent.

Back
Top Bottom