What's new

Sleeping on roof in summer

Pukhtoon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
How many of you have enjoyed Sleeping on the roof of yr house.And how it feels like ?

2mfnd2.jpg

ta371g.jpg

it feels awsum here THANKS to WAPDA lol

And then chill in the morning....:D

I like waking up late so morning was never good. Before sleeping, roof should be washed with cool water, just choke the drain for some time and let accumulated cool water absorb the heat and then drain the water.

Well, slept on the roof once, but a whole lot of times on the porch of the house, or driveway because no bijli!!!

I remember we were in Multan, not sizzling hot, but warm, and there was a little storm kind of wind blowing, and the power pylons fell and voila, no electricity, at night around 8-9. And then we slept on the porch, finally electricity came at around 3 or so.

Used to when Lahore was much cooler and safe, slept on roof and garden and side walk with a pedestal fan :D

I still remember gazing at stars for hours and hours, and saying to siblings we will sleep if we see a shooting star and remember had to wake up early in the morning :argh:

Just spent some hours on a very high roof the other day, and I so wanted to sleep there, but had to come back home :(

we dont have summer here in Indonesia, but when i was a child, i used to sleep in our roof, because its windy.. moreover if mango season has come, its easier to pick the mangoes. and we live well up there :P

When i was a child...power cuts were very common..as many Pakistanis and Indians would have experienced..-.- so we used to go on the roof..wet the bed..and sleep...natural AC..
Good old memories

Im going to be honest.. I have tried it a few times.. when i go back to Pak, and i have to say.. as a man custom to sleeping indoors all his life.. Its amazing.. Get the cooler going and get on the first char pay :-)

When ever i go back now.. i tell mom "Nahi, mein bahar letna hain." :victory:

Back
Top Bottom