What's new

Sinosphere : China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam Traditional Dress

Check again what your guy (chinese) hás commented. I quoted it again in bellow. There ís bést way for Vietnam when we have mỏre integrating in to South East Ásian community.

I understand your context. We cannot deny a Vietnam national identity. If we all looked alike, culturally, that would be boring, actually.

Integration, however, is another matter. Nobody keeps you from integrating. You may even integrate with Arctic Council countries.

But this still does not change the historical fact that Vietnam has been part and parcel of the Confucius cultural sphere.

This is not to say that it did not/does not have unique and distinct features. Definitely does. But, historical political and cultural reality of being an integral part of a larger sphere cannot also be denied.

There is still hardly an SEA community. There is an economic community in the making. But, China is also part of that community under the APT scheme. ASEAN's largest trading partner is China.

So, when you integrate to SEA, you also integrate with China, indirectly.

Last edited:
Maybe to most non East Asians they look the same except for Vietnam which is more of part of South East Asia in clothing and race. All their dresses originated somewhere, at some point in China.

You are right, Vietnam ís not included in the Sinosphere as someone else could think about us.

Integration is another matter. Nobody keeps you from integrating. You may even integrate with Arctic Council countries.

But this still does not change the historical fact that Vietnam has been part and parcel of the Confucius cultural sphere.

This is not to say that it did not/does not have unique and distinct features. Definitely does. But, historical political and cultural reality of being an integral part of a larger sphere cannot also be denied.

There is still hardly an SEA community. There is an economic community in the making. But, China is also part of that community under the APT scheme. ASEAN's largest trading partner is China.

So, when you integrate to SEA, you also integrate with China, indirectly.

The diffence ís that South East Asian countries are our neighbors. We shared more our border with them than China or other countries in the world.
Note that many chinese members here had denied that Vietnam is in Sinosphere. I think they are right.

The diffence ís that South East Asian countries are our neighbors. We shared more our border with them than China or other countries in the world.
Note that many chinese members here had denied that Vietnam is in Sinosphere. I think they are right.

Scientifically, they are wrong. Perhaps, emotionally, they are right, in the present day political context.

All historical data puts those four countries under the Confucian sphere. Note that some neighbors of China even claims to be the generator of Confucianism.

I am not stating my emotions here, which is likely to be politically influenced. So is yours.

As for the fact that you share big border with many SEA nations, you also have lots of disputes. Being close can be a blessing or curse.

Greater economic integration makes it a blessing.

Scientifically, they are wrong. Perhaps, emotionally, they are right, in the present day political context.

All historical data puts those four countries under the Confucian sphere. Note that some neighbors of China even claims to be the generator of Confucianism.

I am not stating my emotions here, which is likely to be politically influenced. So is yours.

As for the fact that you share big border with many SEA nations, you also have lots of disputes. Being close can be a blessing or curse.

Greater economic integration makes it a blessing.

Problem here is that: what does the "Sinosphere" concept mean ? Its culture identity or Human race? or both ?

Your country men think that Korean and Japanese do look like Chinese ( :-) ) so they can join in the Sinosphere world, but Vietnamese we are looking more southeast Asian than others, wa can't .

Problem here is that: what does the "Sinosphere" concept mean ? Its culture identity or Human race? or both ?

Probably both in varying degrees, but mostly cultural, which also includes diplomacy, rites, religion, in many various forms.

Too bad. That time will never come back :D

P.S: the women having small baby wear that kind of clothing. Says it easier for mothers to feed their babies. But I guess Korean women traditional clothing have not designed buttons or buckles. So the mothers have to free their breasts 7/24.:p:

Vietnam is a hybrid of Confucianist and Hindunist?.

Vietnam is a hybrid of Confucianist and Hindunist?.

the most of vietnamese population is buddhist, not confucian nor hindustan. Ancestor worshiping is our traditional culture.

Last edited:
Hindu? Well, I think that explains why we have pho as one of our national dishes.
The Cambodia and Lao transfer those Hindu influence into Vietnam. It is common to see if you understand geographic. Malay, Indonesia, on the other hand was influenced by Middle east cultural value.

the most of vietnamese population is buddhist, not confucian nor hindustan. Ancestor worshiping is our traditional culture.
Confucian is not a religion. It is a cultural value that encompasses many aspects and not just ancestor worship. Although filial piety is a major part of it and Vietnam was influence by that confucian value. There was no history of Vietnam worshiping ancestor prior to Confucianism spread.

Buddha is religion and a small aspect of Hindu cultural value which believe in softness and strict social order. Thus Vietnam is the classic example of Hindu and Confucian met at a social level historically. This is often can't be seen by regular folks.

Buddha is religion and a small aspect of Hindu cultural value which believe in softness and strict social order. Thus Vietnam is the classic example of Hindu and Confucian met at a social level historically

Vietnamese does'n know about Hinduism, so our traditional dish Pho is very tasted when included a beef meat in it. In the past, confucian lecture ís spreaded among elites in Vietnam, who studied Chinese characters for writings to pass exams, to get position in administration system òf Kingdoms.

you again with Vietnam bashing

previously you said all bad things on VN: ugly, dark, short people, eating weird foods such as square cake to Tet, having no 4 destintive seasons. now you say we are evil claiming to be east asians. what do you want say next time: we are grim reaper??
I am surprised that you memorized it point by point. :D

Vietnamese does'n know about Hinduism, so our traditional dish Pho is very tasted when included a beef meat in it. In the past, confucian lecture ís spreaded among elites in Vietnam, who studied Chinese characters for writings to pass exams, to get position in administration system òf Kingdoms.
Yeh he is a troll, I either find him making fun of Vietnamese or Indians.

But its light hearted at least.

Back
Top Bottom