What's new

Sino-Indian Experts not fazed by US call for India to 'lead' Asia

The "neighbour" was never "prominent. Even in their heyday...they were consistently struggling to maintain parity. Nothing came out of it back then......

They got screwed for their incompetence and extremist ideologies. We are not them. We are so much more.

these same mofos sent their carrier at bay of bengal in 1971, they are number one now it doesn't mean that we have to lick their *** to be prominent in Asia like our neighbour did.

Pakistan wasn't exactly 'prominent'. America just used them as a proxy.

The Yanks will want their pound of flesh, all this courting is not for nothing, the start is the current indian policy towards Iran.

China followed the idea of "keeping a low profile", until we became the second largest economy.

On the other hand, I don't think India should try to keep a "low profile". They should try to expand their influence as soon as possible.

It all depends on the cost-benefit analysis and what we get out of that.

They wanted us out of IPI (or so they say) and were willing to grant the Nuke deal in return and we took it as it is clearly the energy of the future and opens doors to a trade of vast potentials.

India does not fit into the quintessential definition of an US "ally". Its more like a partner.

Personally I feel this is the right time to take advantage of the West and US inhibition and wariness towards China. But then again you know the mandarins in the South Block....

I recall a time when she asked Pakistan to be more assertive in its attacks on the taliban. Shortly thereafter the Americans started intensifying their drone bomb attacks on the Pakistanis. Heaven help us. Now she wants us to be more assertive on something :undecided:
Watch your backs now. :lol:

The US may make sure that you guys be more assertive from now onwards. :P

Please do not forget to ask Ms. Clinton about potential tools US might plan to use on India to help it become more assertive.

China followed the idea of "keeping a low profile", until we became the second largest economy.

On the other hand, I don't think India should try to keep a "low profile". They should try to expand their influence as soon as possible.

I see GOI following a similar trajectory as CPC, keep a low profile but maintain your stand on core issues.Once you gain a position of strength, negotiate a favorable solution.

I see GOI following a similar trajectory as CPC, keep a low profile but maintain your stand on core issues.Once you gain a position of strength, negotiate a favorable solution.

Why do what we did?

Try something new and untested. :P

that's exactly what the beach meant to say.

Korean War, Support for North Vietnam against US, First nuclear testing in Asia in 1964, Not to mention UNSC membership since 1971...You were doing anything but keeping a low profile.

Korean War, Support for North Vietnam against US, First nuclear testing in Asia in 1964, Not to mention UNSC membership since 1971...You were dong anything but keeping a low profile.

3 Indo-Pak wars, supporting Mukti-Bahini, Bhindranwale, LTTE and Dalai Lama, first nuke testing in south asia, not to mention crossing the international border in 1971 and creating bangladesh. as per your logic, what exactly was India doing?

Korean War, Support for North Vietnam against US, First nuclear testing in Asia in 1964, Not to mention UNSC membership since 1971...You were doing anything but keeping a low profile.

That was during Mao's era. He took on anyone who came to challenge him. USA, Soviets, etc.

Deng Xiaoping's era was the time when we started to build up a modern economy. For reference, his first reforms were in 1978.

It was Deng Xiaoping who created the policy of "keeping a low profile".

You've got your timeline mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom