What's new

Since Earliest Historical Times Hinduism Was Never Popular in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever did the Indian Supreme Court declare all these religions as sect of Hinduism? Give a reference. Neither Supreme Court nor Constitution considers them same as Hinduism.

Please read Article 25 of Indian Constitution.

Jains, Sikhs part of broader Hindu religion, says SC
New Delhi, August 10 [2005]

In a significant ruling defining the status of communities like Sikhs and Jains within the Constitutional frame work, the Supreme Court has declined to treat them as separate minority communities from the broad Hindu religion, saying encouraging such tendencies would pose serious jolt to secularism and democracy in the country.

The so-called minority communities like Sikhs and Jains were not treated as national minorities at the time of framing of the Constitution. Sikhs and Jains, in fact, have throughout been treated as part of wider Hindu community, which has different sects, sub-sects, faiths, modes of worship and religious philosophies, a Bench of Chief Justice R.C. Lahoti, Mr Justice D.M. Dharmadhikari and Mr Justice P.K. Balasubramanyan said.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Nation

I thought in earlier times, there was no Pakistan. I don't see any mention of word Pakistan in any text or any documents made by various travelers, lets say 150 years ago.

Neither was there any India in the earliest times since over 9000 years ago. Why restrict it to only 150 years.

I thought in earlier times, there was no Pakistan. I don't see any mention of word Pakistan in any text or any documents made by various travelers, lets say 150 years ago.

Pakistan is name given to certain area, geographic location, or land of his region and this land existed prior to 1947 and so were people

Pakistan is name given to certain area, geographic location, or land of his region and this land existed prior to 1947 and so were people
I said 150 years. Ok, give me any reference of Pakistan from 200 years ago. Lets say, 500 years ago.

I checked up the Rig Veda that I have and did not find mention of the word Mlechha in the entire rig Veda. Could you please quote a reference. Thanks.
My bad! It's first used in the Shatapata Brahmana, a text composed after the RigVeda. The RigVeda used the term Dasyus to refer to a group as the enemy of the Aryans.

Source: The Civilized Demons: The Harappans in Rigveda by Malati Shendge

Neither was there any India in the earliest times since over 9000 years ago. Why restrict it to only 150 years.
Yeah, not 9000 years ago. But I can certainly tell you mentions of Indian Civilization thousands of years and India way back many centuries.

With the overall acceptance that Pakistan is the cradle of Islamic civilization,lets give this intellectually brilliant thread a natural death.

Sorry dude. Keep on going. Pakistan is the oldest civilization.

The territory of modern Pakistan was home to several ancient cultures, including the Neolithic Mehrgarh and the Bronze Age Indus Valley Civilisation. The territory has been the home to kingdoms ruled by people of different faiths and cultures, including Hindus, Persian, Indo-Greek,Islamic, Turco-Mongol, Afghan and Sikh. The area has been ruled by numerous empires and dynasties, including the Indian Mauryan Empire, the PersianAchaemenid Empire, Alexander the Great, the ArabUmayyad Caliphate, the Mongol Empire, the Mughal Empire, the Durrani Empire, the Sikh Empire and the British Empire.

We believe that Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism etc are separate religions and are not part of Hinduism or Sanatana Dharma. In view of this, Sanatana Dharma was never practiced in the manner in Pakistan.

In other words you are saying that Hindus (noot buddhist or jain) never was practiced (in manner) in pakistan of which I dont think you have any concrete evidence because historical temples, the fact that kasur and Lavapuri (Lahore) named after son's of rama exist in modern day pakistan is pure subversion of existence of these historical accounts of Sanathan Dhrama (excluding ofcourse sikh buddhist and jains ) apart from that in context of 20th century hindus, you blatantly marginalized 10% population which by your nations demography was "HINDU MINORITY" when pakistan was formed.

Good going!!!! I hope the rest of pakistan too undertakes such "Hindu proofing" measures for your homeland...

In other words you are saying that Hindus (noot buddhist or jain) never was practiced (in manner) in pakistan of which I dont think you have any concrete evidence because historical temples, the fact that kasur and Lavapuri (Lahore) named after son's of rama exist in modern day pakistan is pure subversion of existence of these historical accounts of Sanathan Dhrama (excluding ofcourse sikh buddhist and jains ) apart from that in context of 20th century hindus, you blatantly marginalized 10% population which by your nations demography was "HINDU MINORITY" when pakistan was formed.

Good going!!!! I hope the rest of pakistan too undertakes such "Hindu proofing" measures for your homeland...

The identity crisis and self loathing is strong in these ones.

The territory of modern Pakistan was home to several ancient cultures, including the Neolithic Mehrgarh and the Bronze Age Indus Valley Civilisation. The territory has been the home to kingdoms ruled by people of different faiths and cultures, including Hindus, Persian, Indo-Greek,Islamic, Turco-Mongol, Afghan and Sikh. The area has been ruled by numerous empires and dynasties, including the Indian Mauryan Empire, the PersianAchaemenid Empire, Alexander the Great, the ArabUmayyad Caliphate, the Mongol Empire, the Mughal Empire, the Durrani Empire, the Sikh Empire and the British Empire.

Sometime 100,000 years ago when water recedes, The Modern Human crossed water channel and landed on Asian land. From there the Human migrated east and west.

One Migration Happen, Africa-->Arbian land-->Iranian land--> modern day Pakistan --> Indian western part--> Gujrat--> Karnataka-->Kerla-->Srilanka-->Australia

Another Migration Africa--> Arab--> Iranian land --> Nothern Pakistan--> Kashmir--> Mongolia/China--> Japan --> Russia--> North America-->South America

Another Migration Route: Africa-->Arab--> Europe

Religion (Dharmic/Pagans): People started settlement and started following one rule. They were thankful to nature, they made god and start thanking them

Islam/Christianism: Some leader (jesus/Muhammad) and there followers made new religion to fulfill there personal greed or social need.

In that case how can India claim IVC, as India is also less than 100 years old.

First of all, religion was not the only basis of creation of Pakistan. There were many other factors which were as important and highlighting only religion as the basis of Two Nation Theory is a narrow view which some Pakistanis and majority of Indian Hindus believe:

Religious differences
Governing differences
Civilizational differences
Cultural differences
Societal/Social differences
Economic differences
Political differences

And while you Indians accuse us Pakistanis of using religion as the only basis of Two Nation Theory, you do the same and use your own religious scriptures as authority to prove your identity. The example is very clear from your own statement. You say the while the IVC was discovered only 100 years ago, the Vedas, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Puranas, Vedanta... these are thousands of year old and Indian identity is not based on the IVC exclusively. What are these books that you are talking about – these are your religious scriptures which you base your identity on. You accuse Pakistanis to have used religion to highlight the Two nation Theory – you are also using religion to identify your identity and also geography.

There are many Indian Hindus who state that Rig Veda and other Vedas are words of God and do not represent any history. Yet most of you cite these religious scriptures to highlight India’s history and India’s geography.

When Indians accuse us that Mohammad Bin Qasim is perceived as the first Pakistani, the Indians also use their religious scriptures to outline their history and their civilization and the raison-detre of India’s existence. Get over your own demons before you have the right to accuse others of doing the same.

To prove the fact that IVC is a Pakistani heritage, religion is not used as the reason. It is the history supported by archeology and geography which is used to bring out the facts. Contrarily, Indians use religion and religious scriptures to lay their claim.

There was no Republic of India as well.
but I never made any claims like the title.

This is what your belief is, not of Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists or Shaivites etc etc. The whole world accepts Sikhs and Buddhists etc as separate religions except India where they live and demand their separate religious status which is denied to the, probably in order to preserve the Dharmic Hindu format.

Both religions were started by Hindu people and they are not religions on their own,their belief systems are dharmic,anyway u wont understand it.

hahahahah ..... you certainly are a confused one aren't you. Educate yourself about Arya Samaj and those who state that Rig Veda was monotheistic in nature before you question me in the manner. Regarding their religion please read the first post. However, just to satisfy your eagerness, let me say that the people of Pakistan were never majority Hindus since the earliest times.

Sikhs, Buddhists and Jains disagree with such categorization and so too the whole world. Shaivism as practiced in those times was and is a monotheistic format. You have your own way of looking at things and these do not conform to the categorization of the rest of the world.

Jatts are the last converts to sikhism because of the Khalsa and keep it purely for political reasons.

Even they cant deny their strong bond and relationship with the hindus.

Yes agreed. History of Pakistan does not begin with the landing of Mohammad Bin Qasim at the Sindh port of Debal. It is over 9000 years old.

No,it is not.

712 AD is indeed the beginning of the idea of pakistan.

no u r an arabi katua.

howmuchever people try to rewrite history here,u can never claim the ideology of your forefathers when u give up your faith,

This is an old debate,god knows the level of arab blood mixed in pakistanis.

But history works only from 1947.

There were many Turks/Iranians and what not moving to india during those times.

I would go on to say that one often follows the faith of his father,paternally there is no certainty that any of you are descendants of people of the land.

There is always a chance that someone's grandmom was raped and captured but for Hindus thats not the case,religion ll alone be the deciding marker in this case.

Hindus worked double/triple hard to pay Jizya and keep their faith.

The Punjabi/Sindhi Hindus who migrated during partition ll always remain the only certain desc
endants of IVC people if at all we assume there was no Aryan Invasion.

Last edited:
With the overall acceptance that Pakistan is the cradle of Islamic civilization,lets give this intellectually brilliant thread a natural death.

Islam emanated from Arabia and there are 57 countries in the world which follow Islamic civilization as does Pakistan. Pakistan is the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization and it is not Indian civilization, either in religious context, geographical context or political context. The geographical, religious and political contexts place Pakistan at the core of IVC and not India.

This thread essentially highlight the historical fact that Hinduism as practiced in India has never been the majority religion since the earliest times. Only Buddhism and Islam remained the majority religions for protracted period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom