What's new

Similarities between Pakistani and Indian economy.

India's Economic condition is very good compare with Pakistan. India is self dependent country but Pakistan has taken so many credits from world bank.

India's Economic condition is very good compare with Pakistan. India is self dependent country but Pakistan has taken so many credits from world bank.

you are new to this forum so shut your mouth and watch video.
Your stupid expert opinion is not required. Experts in this video are enough.

Kindly use sensible language. You are not an ancient member either.

The points he raised are correct. There is no comparison between the economies. Before 1990 you could compare them but not now.

Google - public data

Just check this.

Kindly use sensible language. You are not an ancient member either.

The points he raised are correct. There is no comparison between the economies. Before 1990 you could compare them but not now.

Google - public data

Just check this.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: expert in video is dumb and jagjitnat is an world's renowned expert.:tdown:

and by the way we are not talking about GDP here but what a citizen of Pakistan gets compared to what a citizen of India get...
And measuring GDP includes popultion...so don't try to be expert.

Experts in that video are enough.Whats the point in discussing about it anymore.We have reached conclusion.End of discussion.Now let us just close the thread...:yahoo::yahoo::hitwall::hitwall:

If a family consists of 3 people and both are earning 20000 each ( total 60000) but other family consists of 2 members and both of them are earning 25000 each (total 50000). This doesn't mean that first family is richer than 2nd one...

But per family member income is higher of 2nd family than first one. :coffee::smokin:

^ It does if with that 20000, the first family has the purchasing power of 55000 as compared to someone who earns 25000 and has a purchasing power of 35000.

This can be translated to Chinas condition.

The average Chinese earns ~3500USD p/y

But that Chinese guy has the purchasing power >10000USD.

^China is a different story... an emerging world power.

^ It does if with that 20000, the first family has the purchasing power of 55000 as compared to someone who earns 25000 and has a purchasing power of 35000.

This can be translated to Chinas condition.

The average Chinese earns ~3500USD p/y

But that Chinese guy has the purchasing power >10000USD.

true, but you're assuming that Indians have a higher PP and without looking at facts I guess you're correct. Does anybody know the PPP coefficient of Pakistan?
For example with Iran you have to multiply the nominal GDP by 2.5 to get the PPP GDP.
---------------------------------------

I just checked the per capita gdp (ppp) for both Pakistan and India and they were both the same.

I guess the question is whether India can keep it up. They still have a long road ahead and there is no room for mistake. Pakistan has an advantage by having a smaller population but time will tell if they use this advantage. India IMO is too hyped up. They still have a long wayyyyyyyyy to go before we can compare them to China. Even today China is not the richest and can't provide the best life for all of its people, but I think we all know that China will continue its growth and they have a proven track record. India still has decades to get to where China is today and I'm not sure if they can duplicate it.

true, but you're assuming that Indians have a higher PP and without looking at facts I guess you're correct. Does anybody know the PPP coefficient of Pakistan?
For example with Iran you have to multiply the nominal GDP by 2.5 to get the PPP GDP.
---------------------------------------

I just checked the per capita gdp (ppp) for both Pakistan and India and they were both the same.

I guess the question is whether India can keep it up. They still have a long road ahead and there is no room for mistake. Pakistan has an advantage by having a smaller population but time will tell if they use this advantage. India IMO is too hyped up. They still have a long wayyyyyyyyy to go before we can compare them to China. Even today China is not the richest and can't provide the best life for all of its people, but I think we all know that China will continue its growth and they have a proven track record. India still has decades to get to where China is today and I'm not sure if they can duplicate it.

PPP/nominal = PPP coefficient = 2.14 for Iran (unless we're using different sources) (using 2009 data for Iran)

2.60424287 is for India, (2010 data)

PPP/nominal = PPP coefficient = 2.14 for Iran (unless we're using different sources) (using 2009 data for Iran)

2.60424287 is for India, (2010 data)

no you're correct. I didn't have a source, I made a guess but I wasn't far off :D
Iran's economy was in shambles in the 90's absolutely dreadful. After the 2000's we started to pick it up. When the new numbers come out in 2010 we will be on par with Turkey or ahead of them in GDP (ppp). That means we will go above the trillion mark in terms of PPP (today we're just under 900 billion).
It is expected that Iran's GDP will double by 2015!
Countries like Iran have it much easier than countries like India. We have oil and a small population. If we get our **** together we can easily move up exponentially. India IMO is wayy too hyped up.
The only thing they have in common with China is their population.

^ Not really, they are extremely intelligent people. However they're not going to grow faster than China until we're over our growth peak, but that is 20-30 years in the future, when we will be a developed nation.

Until then the gap between us will increase exponentially. But so will the gap between India and other countries, because they are going to be growing 12-3% nominal for the next 20-30 years, (compared to 15-17 for China).

They will be the 4th richest by nation by nominal GDP by 2020.

For Irans GDP to double by 2015, you will need to grow at 14.4% anually. Not happening IMHO. Considering your nominal growth rate for 09 was 2.4%

^ Not really, they are extremely intelligent people. However they're not going to grow faster than China until we're over our growth peak, but that is 20-30 years in the future, when we will be a developed nation.

Until then the gap between us will increase exponentially. But so will the gap between India and other countries, because they are going to be growing 12-3% nominal for the next 20-30 years, (compared to 15-17 for China).

They will be the 4th richest by nation by nominal GDP by 2020.

For Irans GDP to double by 2015, you will need to grow at 14.4% anually. Not happening IMHO. Considering your nominal growth rate for 09 was 2.4%

The reason I am doubtful is that I think East Asian countries simply have a different way of thinking and culture. I'm talking about work ethic, culture, accepting authority etc... Look @ Iran in the 60's and 70's! Our economy was expanding at an astronomical pace! But in the end we threw it all away and many ppl are happier now :what:

regarding Iran today

Iran's GDP rose to 416.7 billion dollars in nominal terms
05 April 2010

TEHRAN - The Economist stated in its latest report that Iran's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the current calendar year (began March 21, 2010) would rise by $55.5 billion, adding that the GDP figure would double in the next five years.
ISNA news agency quoted The Economist's February 2010 report stating that GDP in Iran had increased from $361.3 billion dollars last year to $416.7 billion in the current year.

The report estimated that the steady increasing trend of GDP in Iran would continue to reach the figure to $701.9 billion in 2013.

GDP is a measure of economic activity in a country calculated by adding the total value of a country's annual output of goods and services.

© Tehran Times 2010

http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20100405033330/Iran's%20GDP%20growth%20at%20$55.5b:%20The%20Economist

I think it is very easy for us to reach 700 billion in nominal terms considering the fact that oil and gas are becoming more expensive and our economy is diversifying. Our GDP was 67 million in 1996 and so far we have multiplied it by 6 under 3 UN sanctions!

Back
Top Bottom