What's new

Sikhs in Britain oppose meat plant near gurudwara

Understood, but England's rule, PEOPLE FIRST!!! It is a melting-pot society, if one group complained about some the other maty don't.

This has got nothing to do with religion- one group of residents oppose the construction of a certain devlopment. Residents have this right religious affiliations don't come into it.

This has got nothing to do with religion- one group of residents oppose the construction of a certain devlopment. Residents have this right religious affiliations don't come into it.

Very interesting :)

and you think complaining and driving out a coffee chain from a neighbourhood is resonable?

No, Not really bro.

of course I have not been to every establishment.. but generally they cut corners as far as hygene is concerned... :)
Yes, even here as per law they are supposed to check all such establishments..

This just shows how you paint everything with the same brush...MAY I REMIND YOU ONCE AGAIN...what Muslims in India do is NOT THE SAME as Pakistanis (yes some may be same but NOT MAJORITY)

That chalta hai attitude is VERY COMMON in South Indian Muslims...In fact almost ALL I have met have said that 1 line at least once....Hell even Punjabi Hindus who claim they just believe in god not a religion say that...

Really? then 1 way to solve it...Sikhs can just buy up that land and then no one can make a meat factory out of it!

Really? then 1 way to solve it...Sikhs can just buy up that land and then no one can make a meat factory out of it!

And the point in that would be..........? As residents the Gurdwara has every right to oppose this construction. In my local area out new Gurdwara project was opposed by local residents so now we are £1 million pounds down the line with nothing to show for it but a bunch if derelict houses.

It must work both ways.

Well if the blue is true and satisfies the council then Gurdwara officials will just have to accept it.

Really? Muslims/Islamists should be the last one to advise tolerance to others!! We have seen plenty of cases of people getting crazy because of a cartoon or something similarly stupid so they should have some shame and respect other religions too!!

'Pakeezah' director Tariq Haq stressed that his business involved only chicken, mutton and lamb.

"We would never dream of doing anything that might cause offence to our neighbours and many of our customers are Sikhs. It will be a modern and hygienic plant with no smells, as all the product arrives below 4 degrees Celsius. We have also had a noise report done which satisfied the council," he said.
WTF? Just use Axe fragrance spray on the meat!! Problem solved! :lol:

Really? Muslims/Islamists should be the last one to advise tolerance to others!! We have seen plenty of cases of people getting crazy because of a cartoon or something similarly stupid so they should have some shame and respect other religions too!!

We already established that you have seen better days but pray tell me how this is intolerance on the part of Muslims? Also why do sikhs shop at their chains as well if it such a big deal?

And the point in that would be..........? As residents the Gurdwara has every right to oppose this construction. In my local area out new Gurdwara project was opposed by local residents so now we are £1 million pounds down the line with nothing to show for it but a bunch if derelict houses.

It must work both ways.

:unsure: Can you speak English...So your project was opposed by locals on what grounds?

Dude in many cities in UK we pray in houses converted to mosques and Islamic centers, we pray in churches converted for jamaat....we pray in football fields and other areas....because GOD is everywhere...soo what is the problem again?

LIKE @KingMamba93 pointed out:

'Pakeezah' director Tariq Haq stressed that his business involved only chicken, mutton and lamb.

"We would never dream of doing anything that might cause offence to our neighbours and many of our customers are Sikhs. It will be a modern and hygienic plant with no smells, as all the product arrives below 4 degrees Celsius. We have also had a noise report done which satisfied the council," he said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe...-meat-plant-near-gurudwara.html#ixzz2bfhrL0bL

You see the person who equates the 2 really knows nothing but what the media feeds them...

I am yet to know how meat smell or whatever the residents are crying about somehow defies science where meat below 4 degrees is cold, has no smell....

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure: Can you speak English...So your project was opposed by locals on what grounds?

Dude in many cities in UK we pray in houses converted to mosques and Islamic centers, we pray in churches converted for jamaat....we pray in football fields and other areas....because GOD is everywhere...soo what is the problem again?

I assure you my grasp on English is quite pronounced.

The project was opposed by local residents for a multitude of reasons.

What exactly is your point? I'm sure that is the case but then you also construct huge Masjids that dominate the local area.

All I am saying is that as loc residents the Gurdwara has every right to make an objection in whatever grounds they like. It is up to the authorities (council) to decide and make up their own mind.

I assure you my grasp on English is quite pronounced.

The project was opposed by local residents for a multitude of reasons.

What exactly is your point? I'm sure that is the case but then you also construct huge Masjids that dominate the local area.

All I am saying is that as loc residents the Gurdwara has every right to make an objection in whatever grounds they like. It is up to the authorities (council) to decide and make up their own mind.

Masjids that dominate local areas?! :rofl: are the Masjids not populated with Muslims for prayers? Whats YOUR point? PLUS Muslims gather money to build those Masjids and hence the land is theirs....

I was just telling you that people can pray everywhere so does that mean a meat plant shouldnt be built anywhere?

Fair enough....yes they do have the right to object....

but we shud never forget that UK is not a muslim country and ppl from different religions n nations live there so we can not force our muslim laws on everyone living there.....everyone has a right to practise their beliefs!.....no offence but just my opinion!

but we shud never forget that UK is not a muslim country and ppl from different religions n nations live there so we can not force our muslim laws on everyone living there.....everyone has a right to practise their beliefs!.....no offence but just my opinion!

What Muslim laws? :rofl: Its just a butcher house....

Yes everyone has the right to practice and hence gurudwara is in its place....No harm is intended to it...

Masjids that dominate local areas?! :rofl: are the Masjids not populated with Muslims for prayers? Whats YOUR point? PLUS Muslims gather money to build those Masjids and hence the land is theirs....

I was just telling you that people can pray everywhere so does that mean a meat plant shouldnt be built anywhere?

Fair enough....yes they do have the right to object....

I think I understand what you are but like you conceded- they have the right to object and that is all hey are doing so- where is the fire?

;) ;) :),,,,

We already established that you have seen better days but pray tell me how this is intolerance on the part of Muslims? Also why do sikhs shop at their chains as well if it such a big deal?

You were trying to give reasons why this should be acceptable to Sikhs and Gurudwara, Isn;t it? Nobody needs any advise from your ilk, you will be better off advisinh your folks to be little bit more tolerant and move their shop near their mosque, if they like to.

Back
Top Bottom