What's new

Siachen: 30 years of Indian Occupation

Are you willfully creating strawmen? I wasn't asserting that anybody you quoted is a false authority, but making the point that the argument from authority is perfectly valid, if proper authority is cited. You dismissed my post as being an "appeal to authority", and I was saying that that is not a criterion for dismissal, unless it is to false authority. My post about the argument from authority, and the post about your quoted passage were two different ones. I spoke about the validity of the argument from authority when you tried to dismiss my post on that basis. Don't confuse two different posts, whether willingly or inadvertently.

The professional opinion of the armed forces is much more authoritative than that of retired ones who head think tanks. The Indian army's stance is clear, that they have to occupy the glacier although that is one of the most difficult jobs in the world.

I am not. If a proper, logical argument is presented, I will accept it. That is called intellectual integrity.

Ok yaar,chill
I like ur arguments but not on maoists:mad:

Ok yaar,chill
I like ur arguments but not on maoists:mad:
I want the maoists eliminated as much as you do. If you see them, shoot them. My only point that day was that we can't use airpower for that, since we wouldn't know where to drop bombs.

But that's for another thread.

Are you willfully creating strawmen? I wasn't asserting that anybody you quoted is a false authority, but making the point that the argument from authority is perfectly valid, if proper authority is cited. You dismissed my post as being an "appeal to authority", and I was saying that that is not a criterion for dismissal, unless it is to false authority. My post about the argument from authority, and the post about your quoted passage were two different ones. I spoke about the validity of the argument from authority when you tried to dismiss my post on that basis. Don't confuse two different posts, whether willingly or inadvertently.

The professional opinion of the armed forces is much more authoritative than that of retired ones who head think tanks. The Indian army's stance is clear, that they have to occupy the glacier although that is one of the most difficult jobs in the world.

I am not. If a proper, logical argument is presented, I will accept it. That is called intellectual integrity.

Now you are doing dishonesty by recriminating. I didn't dismissed your post(s) without counter narrative rather it was you who demurred my arguments by saying that it was from such and such google page (Appeal to Authority) without proper justification, e.g., you could have said If China/ Pakistan want to invade Leh then the only passage is via Siachen's such and such pass and that's why Indian Army is there and here is a ref to that. But I didn't see any such reference/ argument from your side rather just verbose, sometimes from Wikipedia, some Ipse Dixits and sometimes explanation of logical fallacies. No one can have further arguments on this level! That's why I prayed, God bless you!

Let's leave it to readers to decide whose argument is valid. If your goal is just to have last comment, be my guest!

Now you are doing dishonesty by recriminating. I didn't dismissed your post(s) without counter narrative rather it was you who demurred my arguments by saying that it was from such and such google page (Appeal to Authority) without proper justification, e.g., you could have said If China/ Pakistan want to invade Leh then the only passage is via Siachen's such and such pass and that's why Indian Army is there and here is a ref to that. But I didn't see any such reference/ argument from your side rather just verbose, sometimes from Wikipedia, some Ipse Dixits and sometimes explanation of logical fallacies. No one can have further arguments on this level! That's why I prayed, God bless you!

Let's leave it to readers to decide whose argument is valid. If your goal is just to have last comment, be my guest!

Readers are freaking tired of both of u.

Chup kar jo hun:mad:

1) Saying it was from google was not an appeal to authority, I said it in the context of my point that it is easy to use google to find opinions on both sides of a contetious issue.
2) I already gav you lengthy quotes from an Indian army officer, explaining the strategic signifiances of Sachen fo India. If you didn't see the references, you ought to have paid more attention instead of all this frothing and fury.

Yes, I'll leave it for others to judge.

dude don't make claims at first place like "Exactly,we don't need to divert troops from one area to another"... after which you have to eat humble pie by making lame excuses.. oh China is big that's why... :D
mate do you even know the actual size of the Indian Army:azn:!!It's nearly 1.18 million and growing by each passing day.We have got the requisite manpower and economy to increase the strength of the Indian Army whenever we want:coffee:.Plus you should remember the fact that the Indian Army is purely a volunteer force,so if we can manage to recruit around 1.2 million volunteers on a regular basis(due to constant cycle of retirement in the Army,each year more than 60,000 soldiers retire)then imagine what we can do if the GoI issues a compulsory conscription someday:cheesy:!!
Present Strength of Indian Armed Force - Central Government Employees News

It's funny, the Paks call it Indian "occupation" when they were beaten (due to their own incompetence) to the glacier by a matter of weeks. If the PA had got their first of course it wouldn't be occupation would it?

Army should be making a dedicated Mountain Corps also equipped them with Anza MK-IIIs and automated and manned AAAs. Also if possible then regular usage of AH-1s in Kashmir, Siachen, Sarkareek and other Eastern Parts.

Back
Top Bottom